Top engineering websites - 2009

CEans,

Please post your favorite engineering websites/blogs in this thread. The website should provide technical information relevant to engineers.

Get started [​IMG]

Replies

• ms_cs
    ms_cs
    For CS tutorials, IBM provides the red books. And you can learn lot from the ibm website, even related to cloud computing, and about IBM's supercomputers and etc.,
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    I don't know it is "Top website" or not but those interested in Science and Research fields can check it. I found it few days back only.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works!

Nothing too technical, but very good for first hand info and for starters..
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    NAE Website - Home
    I think the National Academy of Engineering is a good one.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    #-Link-Snipped-#

HSW posted already 😁

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • skipper
    skipper
    If CS/IS qualifies as an engineering discipline (how many engineers aren't using computers (??)) does quantum IS qualify? We have a lot of still-virtual quantum computers in design stages, but no actual computing device, just gates.
    I have a personal opinion that it wouldn't make a difference if we used "magic" to explain electronics/field theory since we would still be able to fabricate very small devices, which is the realm of imaging and lithography - we would still have had Jacquard looms even without a computational model for the punched cards. On the face of it we are exploring magic, or what happens in "quantum time" and inside black holes, we're still debating what the first thing is, for example.

It doesn't matter what time is, if you're a physicist you accept linear time and move along it.
    So I'd like to post some links to stuff that discusses what the limits are, to what we can do with quantum mechanics, what the current research is finding out about ways to circumvent the 'rules' it appears to have and some of the surprises, what they might mean etc.

The usual method is, someone discovers something which isn't seen as important or as an unwanted side-effect (Hall, for instance), later someone else thinks of a way to exploit the unwanted effect - result lasers, microwave ovens, radio astronomy, JJ comparators, etc
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    @CEans: Post the favorite engineering websites/blogs. You can too find the good sites/blogs here. Dont make this thread dead, Start posting CEans
  • Divyakant Joshi
    Divyakant Joshi
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear All Members; A.S.H.A.R.E Refrigeration 2006 is the latest version of A.S.H.A.R.E Refrigeration series You can download it from here: HVAC DESIGN TOOLS|HVAC TRAINING
I am new to dot net tech.,I have decided to learn this as self study and dont know from where to start. whether from asp.net or c# or vb.net ?...
this article is really nice... And It is amazing to read that wolfram alpha uses super computer which is the world's 66th-fastest supercomputer. HowStuffWorks "How Wolfram Alpha Works"
here is a given c program which rounds off the floating value. This job is to have the return amount in both calls to return 1.32. Now the 1.324 returns...
Once all the scientists die and go to heaven............ They decide to play hide-n-seek.........Unfortunately Einstein is the one who has the den...........He is supposed to count up to 100...and then...