Too much confused about career... Please help

Hello sir,
I am yogesh kadam. I am too much confused about my career.. Please guide me.

1. I have done my B.E(2015 passout) in E& TC with 59%.

2. I am currently working in telecom sector as field service engineer (installation and maintenance of telecom equipments lke mux, VSAT, routers) for 1yr.

Career Plan?

1. I'm confused in my career path. I am not comfortable in current job.

2. I am not sure which field i like.(i feel i can get comfortable in networking/linux/ software testing).

3. After seeing an option of various fields where i can lead my career, i chose.
a. software testing.
b. networking
c. Linux admin

4. I had done CCNA course also, but didn't get any job in core networking as i want.

Help

1. I am really not happy in the job i am doing, should i quit and take time in deciding with other interests.

2. Should i take linux or Software Testing as a career.

3. Can i get into Software Testing now.

4. Should i join as a fresher or
5. Should i do a testing course for a added advantage and move laterally.

6. Kindly suggest a Good Software Testing institute - as most of the institutions i have found are money minded and not good in placements assistance.

Please help me to choose linux or software testing...

Thanks..

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    It's only you who know what you like do and earn money. All the fields networking, software testing or Telecom, all of them have opportunity. Look at your bosses, how they went upto that point.
    You said,
    Yogesh9595
    i feel i can get comfortable in networking/linux/ software testing).
    I would only suggest that, don't get confused too many choices of career. Focus on what you really like to do.
    Probably you can't leave your current job and wait for new one of your choice. But, you can be in your job give extra time to learn skills of your choice. Don't give up on searching for job.
    Try to join as fresher if your current work is not relevant. Don't show it on your resume. In interview you can discuss why you want to to switch the job.

This is not easy to switch to another skill set and get the job. But that's what give you satisfaction at workplace. Don't compromise with it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yogesh9595
    1. I am really not happy in the job i am doing, should i quit and take time in deciding with other interests.
    No. You should NOT quit your job. If you just have to 'think'; take a leave or spend your Sundays thinking about your 'career move'. No need to quit your job just to think about what to do next.

Yogesh9595
    2. Should i take linux or Software Testing as a career.
    Yes, if you think software testing is what you'd like to do. There's lot of information available on the Internet about software testing. Read about it and find out if you think it's the domain for you.

Yogesh9595
    3. Can i get into Software Testing now.
    Yes, but it's going to be very difficult. You'll need to convince your future employer that you actually can be a good software testing engineer. Perhaps, you'll need to demonstrate it through your contribution to open source projects.

Yogesh9595
    4. Should i join as a fresher or
    5. Should i do a testing course for a added advantage and move laterally.
    That'd typically be decided by the employer. With no prior experience in QA, you're likely to make a start at junior level. If you can build up a portfolio and some experience as an exceptional contributor to open source projects; you'll have some advantage.

Yogesh9595
    6. Kindly suggest a Good Software Testing institute - as most of the institutions i have found are money minded and not good in placements assistance.
    Every software institute out there is likely to be 'money minded'. They do their job of teaching students the course contents. You will have to search for a software training institute that has a proven record of placements in your city and get enrolled.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Event Name: Amrita TBI PitchFest 2017 Organized by: Amrita TBI In Bengaluru, Karnataka Event Dates - January 28, 2017, to January 29, 2017 (Time 08:00 am to 05:00 pm) Dear...
Snapchat Inc. has introduced new 'Spectacle' Glasses which can record video 10 seconds snaps at a time always 'on' and ready to capture the moment, but not always recording. One...
Researchers at MIT have found out a way to produce biodegradable plastics. They have identified the structure of a bacterial enzyme which is essential for synthesis of biodegradable polymers. Their...
As i have mentioned in title ...m fearing this seating idle..although i m prepearing for govt jobs but i dont think i will get in dat also...as very high crowd...
The Chinese multinational consumer electronics firm once again prepares to enter the Indian market with its latest medium budget smartphone Vivo V5. The last from its stock were Vivo V3...