TIZEN VS ANDROID

I want to become an android developer but i found a new os is going to dominate it..

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Ramannn
    I want to become an android developer but i found a new os is going to dominate it..
    - Tizen OS
    - Ubuntu Touch
    - Jolla Sailfish
    - Firefox OS

Honestly, I find :
    Tizen - Not upto my expectations.
    Jolla Sailfish - Very boring.
    Firefox OS - Good for entry-level phones.
    #-Link-Snipped-# - This is the future, 'nuff said !

Most of the above mentioned OSes(or all?) are linux based, so is the Android.
    And, Android is going nowhere, It is juggernaut of this shit atm.
    But, If I was you - I would've selected "Ubuntu Touch".No one will teach you development in Ubuntu Touch,(I mean no institutions in your local area).This is something you have to do on your own(Tutorials & videos available).
    But,Ubuntu community is awesome.They'll help you.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ramannn
    A couple of references to Tizen from our very own VoiCE -
    Tizen OS Photos Leaked; May Debut With Samsung I9500 At MWC 2012
    Tizen 1.0 Larkspur OS SDK and Source Code Is Now Out!

and this ->
    BADA To Merge With Tizen OS
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    All the open source needs to backed up by their developers. I saw some review of Tizen 2.0 but didn't find any new feature. In open source Android and Ubuntu have large community of developers and I think these two will lead the mobile OS in open source (I like more if these will kill all closed source OS 😀).
    Do not underestimate android, It's not going anywhere near the future, what android has feature today other's big player like iOS will have to copy next year. Take an example of notification,panorama feature and all share option. Latest in Android 4.2 is lock screen widgets, don't you think it will not copied by others.
  • Ramannn
    Ramannn
    The main feature of Tizen is the compatibility on multiple mobile platforms. It means that if you haveMaking Apps In Tizen, you run this app on android.

I felt this is an awesome feature

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

we're pleased to inform that aBaCUS'13 will resume on April 19-20. Web Development workshop will be held on April 20. aBaCUS'13 is back with Intern for all technical events!! Come...
So I have a project in mind. Its a monitoring system where I'm going to use a temperature sensor and an RFID to be controlled by some microcontroller or microprocesor...
Just a few days back it was my friend's mother's birthday and on the other day it was a friend's girlfriend's birthday. In the course of thinking of a perfect...
hello friends, iam new to this forum n also a fresher(civil). my doubt is why is every company running for non renewable energy when we have abundant solar energy? am...
wts EOF AND IS SCANF returen values?