Tizen OS Photos Leaked; May Debut With Samsung I9500 At MWC 2012

Tizen, the open source project in collaboration with Intel and Samsung, is a mobile and device operating system based on Linux.  The Tizen API is based on HTML5 and other web standards. It came into news as a successor of #-Link-Snipped-# operating system that came with #-Link-Snipped-# mobile phone. That OS got scrapped after Nokia showed increased interest in Microsoft’s Windows Phone ecosystem. We got the first look at the Tizen SDK after EXCLUSIVE: First pictures of Tizen Os and the first phone will be the Samsung I9500. - SamMobile - SamMobile leaked it's photos. I am sure you agree that they have stark similarities with Bada, Meego and Android. Take a look -

[​IMG]

Tizen SDK is right now an alpha build. The Tizen official website says that they will do the first release of Tizen and its SDK in the first quarter of 2012. There are high chances that Tizen OS will do a debut with Samsung I9500 user agent. With Mobile World Congress happening from 27th February 2012, it is possible that Samsung will showcase their new phone and sport the Tizen OS.

Is this OS a tough Android competitor? Quite doubtful.
I will leave you with a video that captures the keynote from the first day of the AppUp Elements 2011 conference which explains the strategy for Tizen, Ultrabooks and HTML5. Watch it -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

BMW's designing subsidiary DesignworksUSA has once again proved its competitive edge in market by developing an innovative Gaming mouse- Level 10 M. The designing company is planning to launch many...
The CES 2012 begins with a bang with the unveiling of world's slimmest smartphone by Huawei. The Huawei Ascend P1 S is quite a bit of shock with the thickness...
As per the previous reports, Corning introduced it’s Gorilla Glass 2, a better version of its already successful Gorilla Glass, today at CES 2012, Las Vegas and live demonstrations will...
Tech savvy drivers will soon find a way to talk with their cars. Telenav has launched location based app called 'Scout' at CES. The American car company Ford, has chosen...
At Detroit Auto Show, Volkswagen showcased their all electric E-Bugster concept which more or less looks like the Beetle with some muscles and some design tweaks. With a reduced roofline...