Tiny 'wrist' to assist needle surgery

Quote: A tiny flexible wrist component for needle-sized surgical equipment could enable surgeons to perform operations in tiny spaces which would involve incisions so small that they could be sealed just with surgical tape, rather than sutures. Less than 2mm in diameter, the wrist, which would form part of the suite of equipment for a type of minimally invasive technique known as needlescopic surgery, has ben developed by engineers at Vanderbilt University in Nashvile, Tennessee. Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, To my friends in Delhi, I guess this was in the local news already. I have a sweet tooth, so when I read this article on BBC, felt...
Hello Sir/Madam, First of all I'm thankful to u & other friends for all the valuable information. I am quite surprised to see almost no ELECTRICAL graduates participating in the...
Dear Friends..... I am from southern Tamil nadu... Students from our area who pursuing Engineering has a doubt in mind about their future job opportunities.... Could anyone offer us a...
I hear that some startups in India are hiring salary of the range 12 - 15 L p.a. to freshers and experienced professionals for the position of software developers. Anyone...
China has launched two new satellites to advance its own navigational system called BeiDou aka COMPASS; which will rival the American GPS (Global Positioning System). The new satellites were launched...