Timed Mobile Charger

I have been many times warned by my parents for switching the charger on for whole night for charging my smart phone , It would just take 2 hours from charging , But overcharging leads to battery hazards and power consumption . So, I have a concept of setting time in the charger , after which it would not take power and transfer it to the device . How about my IDEA friends ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sounds like a good idea. But don't the modern instruments already have this facility? As soon as the charge level reaches 100%, the power charging is cut off. Do you intend to introduce something new?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Its exactly like #-Link-Snipped-# pointed out. Li-ion are very sensitive to overcharging hence mobile manufacturers have already incorporated this functionality into the phone. Its generally a separate chip which cuts of the power as soon as the battery is charged to its required ratings. So it doesn't really matter if you keep your mobile plugged in other than negligible amount of power being lost in the charger itself. Basically, your battery will stop drawing current so your charger would be as good as plugging in two wires into the socket and not connecting them anywhere.
  • avii
    avii
    No they don't and most of smartphones are already smart enough for this and they stop charging once done. So what your parents are saying is wrong.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With fingerprint sensors only now entering our mobile devices, it's time for other secure authentication techniques to arrive in the latest software on our computers. Keeping up with fast pace...
I'm trying to purchase a tripod and constantly getting Failed to login, please retry after some time error whenever I try to login - on the modal window as well...
Handa Ka Funda is an online platform for CAT preparation founded by Ravi Handa in the year 2013. Ravi Handa teaches Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation to thousands...
Intex Technologies has launched a new smartphone known as 'Intex Aqua Y2 Pro' that is priced below Rs. 5,000 and offers a 1 GHz MediaTek (MT6572) Dual Core processor running...