Time needed (in sec) taken by the hydraulic cylinder to get the required lift

Friends
One clarification please help me out in this

Piston diameter: 125mm
Piston rod diameter: 90mm
Weight of the object to be lifted : 3000kg
Hydraulic oil used : HLP46
Required stroke length is 1meter

My question is what would be the approximate time (in sec) taken by the hydraulic cylinder to get the required lift of 1meter.

I dont have not even a single idea in this concept.. Please help me out in this

Replies

• Krzysztof Pelc
    Krzysztof Pelc
    What is the efficiency of the hydraulic pump?

The speed of the piston is directly proportional to the capacity of the hydraulic pump
    example:
    D = 125mm
    A = (0.125 * 0.125) * PI / 4 = 0.0123 m2
    If the oil flow rate of 1 l / s Q = 0.001 m3 / s
    and the efficiency of the actuator = 0.95
    the speed v = 0.95 Q / A = 0.001 * 0.95 / 0.0123 = 0.0772 m / s

So time to raise about 1 m is t= 1/0,0772 = 12.9 s

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LG Electronics, the South-Korean multi-national, has launched a new product called the LG Smart Light Bulb that employs Bluetooth or WiFi in our Android and iOS devices to bring some...
While the world is struggling to make Internet more secure and maintain privacy of users, a theory given by Einstein may prove useful, as per a latest research paper. In...
hey fellow crazy engineering members, I am doing a systems design and engineering course at university at the moment and we are asked to reverse engineer an electronic circuit. The...
hello crazyengineers, I am a new member I just joined today. really excited about the forums. I have so many questions to ask and I think is a platform where...
OndaTechnology submitted a new project: Pitbull Wallet - Physical credit-card sized device for storing passwords and digital currency Think of it as keychain. But digital. And instead of being used...