This 100-Year-Old To-Do List Hack Still Works Like A Charm

Quote:
By 1918, Charles M. Schwab was one of the richest men in the world.
Schwab (oddly enough, no relation to Charles R. Schwab, founder of the Charles Schwab Corporation) was the president of the Bethlehem Steel Corporation, the largest shipbuilder and the second-largest steel producer in the U.S. at the time. The famous inventor Thomas Edison once referred to Schwab as the "master hustler." He was constantly seeking an edge over the competition.
Accounts differ as to the date, but according to historian Amazon.com, it was one day in 1918 that Schwab—in his quest to increase the efficiency of his team and discover better ways to get things done—arranged a meeting with a highly respected productivity consultant named Ivy Lee.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Elon Anderson
    Elon Anderson
    This is great, I've always had an issue with needing to get everything done and only getting parts of everything done. Thank you very much for the share, I'll be prioritizing my to do list for sure.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    "The myth of multitasking is that being busy is synonymous with being better. The exact opposite is true. Having fewer priorities leads to better work."

^ couldn't agree more.
  • Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Sumukh Madgaonkar
    Not at all disagreeing with what Mr Ramani has posted 😀, but now-a-days I have always ended up with doing other 6 things which were not in my list yesterday👎.
    Most of the time priorities are decided by the unread e-mails in morning!😁😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Growth hackers individuals are money-making machines who think they are unstoppable, and so they become. Time is of the essence if you want to maximize your business’ potential for growth...
After completing his engineering & MBA, Shiv started working in the IT Industry (mostly startups) and learnt the rules of the game. Poised with the challenge of starting something of...
I am a student of final year and I am quite interested in technical stuff. I have many projects and ideas in mind. I want to realise them so that...
I'm curious to know what do our CEans think about our approach towards launching CrazyEngineers IO. Did we do it right? Would it have been better? Of course, but we...
With the boon of advancements in technological world comes also the bane of disposal of overwhelming amount of e-waste. In a novel solution to tackle the problem comes the research...