'Thirsty' concrete absorbs water

One of the major problems during rains is water logging of roads. This porous concrete absorbs enormous quantities of water, which percolates into the ground below or can be delivered into subsurface drains. The porosity is so high that the road will be dry even in a cloud burst.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sir
    Tell us more on porous concrete .I dont see any link up here for details on it.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This is not entirely new. Way back in '96 a German friend was driving us along an autobahn. At one point I heard a different tire sound. When I remarked on this my friend said that they were trying out a porous concrete surface to prevent water logging in the rain.
    Pervious concrete - Google Search

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am new to game development and I love to play Call of Duty. Which programming language was CoD Call of Duty game developed with?
Can you picture a solid pyramid consisting of a square base and four equilateral triangles, alongside a solid tetrahedron with four faces identical to those of the pyramid's triangles? Now...
Mobile 10X is the latest initiative by the Internet And Mobile Association Of India (IAMAI); that aims to make India a global superpower in mobile app development. The main aim...
The mid-range smartphone market in India has got a worthy addition in form of the Intex Aqua Ace. The Intex Aqua Ace offers all the things you want from a...
As companies across the world become more and more interested in connecting their employees with cloud-based collaboration technologies, India isn't lagging behind and has recently launched 3 data centres in...