These Sneakers Come With Colour E-Paper Displays So That You Can Style Them Infinitely

Sneakers have gotten quite a lot more expensive and high-tech in the last decade but their biggest makeover has happened very recently with ShiftWear. Yes, it’s an unheard brand as compared to giants such as Reebok, Adidas or Puma but they are a start-up based in New York headed by David Coelho who want to change sneakers’ styling forever with their new product that they are currently seeking funds for on Indiegogo. Their product unimaginatively called the ShiftWear comes with always on high definition flexible colour e-paper displays on its sides that can be customised by the user with a smartphone app. This means you never have to buy the latest season sneakers ever again as you can style them to match the recent fashion trends, your clothes and occasion.

ShiftWear 1

One of the things that is cropping up in your minds right now is are these shoes durable? The makers would claim that they are. ShiftWear sneakers are waterproof this means you can put them in the washing machine to clean them. The soles in ShiftWear are coated with Kevlar to make them resistant to regular wear and tear. The e-paper flexible display lasts up to 30 days on a single charge. The team is currently using wireless charging docks but will soon begin working on a technology that will charge the ShiftWear sneakers as you walk.

ShiftWear 2

The e-paper displays will project HD-quality images and animations. These e-paper displays will available in high, medium and low tops. You can either project your own image or buy one from the design store on the app. Currently they have garnered nearly 3 times their initial pledged goal which means they will only ship customised ShiftWear sneakers to backers for $150 or $250. Once they reach $250,000 they shall begin mass production. While they may be expensive but as compared to some of the high-end stuff from well known brands they are averagely priced. ShiftWear is a good enough deal.

Source: ShiftWear: Customize your kicks | Indiegogo via #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Faaaawwwwwwsome!!! (if you get my point). It's all paving the way for the beginning of IoT era! 😁😁😁
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    I couldn't find a video last night but I have one right now. Check it out.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...nice! People will now download movies onto their shoes. I secretly hope that this technology will make it to the car bumpers so that I can officially have my swear words displayed to erratic two wheeler riders.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Color E-Paper on shoes ! Bang on Idea !!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    How fantastic is that?! Can't wait for such technologies to go mainstream.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Tell me if it comes with Gorilla Glass 4, so I can add tempered glass protection 😁.
    Meanwhile,
    "Hey we are getting late for party"
    "Wait for 20min, my sneakers are getting charged" 😐
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Kumar
    "Hey we are getting late for party"
    "Wait for 20min, my sneakers are getting charged" 😐
    Actually I am willing to bet this won't be an issue thanks to technologies. Why not include a hidden power bank itself on the heel of the shoe? Should be good to go for atleast 3 days if the Picture is a 'static' rather than a movie.

P.S.: My Friend uses a Sony Smartwatch which he charges only once in 3 days for his normal use!!!! - which is good!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# There's a chance that peizo-electric tech works wonders with this. There are 'n' number of projects already around us that let you charge your smartphone by walking as the shoes are fitted with a electricity generating plate. The idea originated as a hobby project by a student and has propagated all around the world. Do google for it.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# There's a chance that peizo-electric tech works wonders with this. There are 'n' number of projects already around us that let you charge your smartphone by walking as the shoes are fitted with a electricity generating plate. The idea originated as a hobby project by a student and has propagated all around the world. Do google for it.
    Still a size-able power storage is preferred even though you have many options these days to charge while walking.

In case you are leaving your shoes to rest for a while and then taking it for a walk, you wouldn't want to have a low intensity or glitch on your shoes' display due to low power.

And i bet you wouldn't be running with these sneakers that often in order to claim to create huge 'charges' on the go.
  • davefranco
    davefranco
    This remind me led lights shoes i used to wear in childhood.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why do computer science people get annoyed when someone asks: "Can you fix my computer?"
Tata Motors is all geared up for the launch of its newest hatchback - The Tata Zica - in January 2016 and the company has unveiled its first official images...
Hiii guys, Udan Media and Communications Pvt Ltd. Is ready to organize the fifth edition of MachAutoExpo-2016 a unique and most trustworthy Event to be held from 11th to 15th...
Hello and a very good day! I am Debasmita Banerjee (in short Demi) a third year undergraduate engineering student majoring in Applied electronics and instrumentation. From here on I would...
Hi guys.... My name is Tomson.. A devil from God's own country.. I'm also a mechanical engineer, nerd, a pretty good driver(I'm being modest; I'm awesome ), an incurable bookworm,...