The top five regrets of the Dying - The Living to note

Quote:
A nurse has recorded the most common regrets of the dying, and among the top ones is 'I wish I hadn't worked so hard'. What would your biggest regret be if this was your last day of life?
Endquote
Top five regrets of the dying | Death and dying | The Guardian

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I have a feeling that if I found that today is my last day - My regrets would be related to more immediate things. For instance - I shouldn't have lied the day before to my granny or I should've bought my best friend a present 10 days back on her birthday.

But yes, when I think about how I will be remembered by my closest family, that's when things like "She was fearless" or "She never gave up" or "She was a graceful lady" or "She made everyone in the room lighten up by her presence" .. you get the ring to it!
    --these things start feeling more relevant.

So, the bottom line is - The regret would be about: I wish I had lived the way I wanted to be remembered (only by the people closest to me.)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Interesting regrets! Maybe a lesson for us? I guess those regrets come from not having one's priorities and goals clear. That said, people will always have regrets towards the end of their life 😨.

Most of us already know that we may have these regrets; but do NOT have the courage to make the necessary change right now. Because everything mentioned in the regret list requires one to be either out of their comfort zone or be more courageous or decisive.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Regrets are crazy. And regrets are sad. I have a friend who has the knack of snapping out of the feeling of regret within 2 seconds. What's the point, she says. Never dwell too much on that.
    For some, regret could be something as silly as 'time spent reading this response' 😁

So, here's something that will leave you smiling.

The top comment on the article shared by #-Link-Snipped-# who last question was - What's your greatest regret so far? - "Not looking both ways when that truck was coming." 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Engineer, Can anyone share some structural excel spreadsheet according to ACI codes.Which you used in your work. Thanks in advanced
Engineering education tends to stereotype people. The kind of compartmentalizing prevents one from realizing one's full potential. The worst of it is even the individual falls into this trap and...
Flipkart might have rolled up its sleeves to launch real time shipment tracking and make the entire delivery process faster. Indian online retail giant has acquired a minority stake in...
What technology!? Amazing spectacle at Azerbaidjan: Baku 2015 European Games Opening Ceremony highlights | Baku 2015 - YouTube
I was not aware of the Navy Seal's 40% Rule. However, quite often I have reached a point where one feels,'Enough is enough'. I have forced myself beyond to find...