The Mouse that roars, eats scorpions and howls at the moon

This little fellow with the torrid name, Onychomys torridus, is a real bad boy of the animal world. A real Don.

The kind of things it does are unbelievable. Nothing seems to affect it. Impervious to pain it eats deadly poisonous insects. Research is on to unravel what gives Torridus this ability. This may lead to some new pain management for humans.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• vikas patel
    vikas patel
    sir, i read your discussion about vacuum lifting. but i m not understand properly so i need to know if 1 kg block its dimension L=100, B=80, H=40 what its formula to find the vacuum for a lift and hold (5 sec). how to selecting capacity of vacuum generate for this application.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    vikas patel
    how to selecting capacity of vacuum generate for this application.
    Can you please come through the original thread on this?
  • vikas patel
    vikas patel
    sorry sir i not get it?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    vikas patel
    sorry sir i not get it?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    Your question relates to some other thread where you have seen the discussion on vacuum lift. It will be more appropriate if you post your query there so that more people can participate.

Lifting capacity = (Difference in pressure between atmospheric pressure at the place and the absolute pressure of the vacuum pump) x area of contact between the lifting mechanism (cup or whatever) and the block. The vacuum pump must have sufficient flow rate to maintain this vacuum in case there is a leak at the joint.
    For example, if the contact area is 10 sq.cms., then you need a vacuum of 0.9 Bar absolute (-0.1 bar gauge) to lift 1 kg. If the area is 5 sq.cm. then you need a vacuum of 0.8 bar absolute(-0.2bar gauge)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Swarming robots both of fiction and fact are very common. One more swarm from Stanford University, working with NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, deployed from...
Hi, I work in an UK FMCG Company which manufactures Liquid Soaps.I have been particularly assigned a project to improve the efficiency of Liquid Soap Pouching Machine. The Machine runs...
My project is "Alive human being detection using mobile robot". micro-controller used for this project is pic16F873A. But inorder to move and control the motor i got coding in micro-controller...
Case Study on Ubuntu: Ubuntu surprised the world by unveiling Ubuntu for Phones. It has a ability to transform smartphones (even your existing Android) into a Desktop PC. What exactly...
Rectifiers are made of diodes. similarly amplifiers are made of transistors. so then what are oscillators made of ? can you guys tell me more about the construction of oscillators,...