The Martian Movie - Anyone here is excited?

If you already haven't, it's time that you check the trailer for 'The Martian'. It's fabulously done -

The film is based on Andy Weir's 2011 novel The Martian.

Here are some of the TITLES of the REVIEWS that are out there already!
  • Review: 'The Martian' Thrills With Science And Duct Tape
  • The Martian is entertaining science fiction rooted in fact
  • NASA and 'The Martian': It Was Written in the Stars
  • Is 'The Martian' accurate? How 500 days in space would affect you.
  • FILM REVIEW: Ridley Scott’s ‘The Martian’ is a secret blockbuster and total success
Makes it impossible to wait more for the release. The India release date is 2nd October!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here's the basic theme of 99.99% of the Hollywood Movies:-

1. An imaginary plot from the future.
    2. Something goes terribly wrong.
    3. Protagonists survive all the odds and emerge victorious and/or America saves the Earth.
    4. Movie ends.
    5. Sequel.

😘
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I agree with ^ but here it is the execution that matters. And the trailer looks quite racy, an edge-of-the-seat entertainment.

And now the fact that NASA and ScienceNews is saying that it is a science fiction rooted in 'facts', makes me all the more excited.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    It seems Matt Demon hasn’t learnt anything from his stint in Interstellar. 😉
    Getting stuck in a planet again. 😁
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    It seems Matt Demon hasn’t learnt anything from his stint in Interstellar. 😉
    Getting stuck in a planet again. 😁
    Yes! Seems so. And too many characters are repeated from Interstellar.
    But the star cast is really great in this one.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I saw trailer on Tv several times and it always feels like they are going to premier Interstellar. It looks like part of Interstellar.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    i'm excited

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hailing from a city which is also known as 'academic town', Amit Vaish spent his building years in Roorkee. His father was a scientist at CBRI. "Engineering was very logical...
Quote: Paul Graham is a renowned programmer and wildly successful venture capitalist. He also happens to be a talented writer. I highly recommend you stop reading this and just go...
which is the best university for MS and has scholarship to do...i m an 3rd year B.tech IT student...
It was a great experience. Placements teaches a lot of things. One just needs to be content, cheerful and confident. Accenture- The written test was conducted by Amcat- aspiring minds....
Hey CEan's myself Rajan undergoing engineering in computerscience. Found this website interestinng. And btw can someone tell why 0!=1?