'The Martian' Impresses ISRO Scientists At Ahemdabad

The Martian, one of the most awaited Hollywood movie of 2015 was specially screened for a team of ISRO scientists at Ahmedabad by Ridley Scott - the director of the film. The movie is a work of science fiction, but the crew had lots of discussion with the NASA scientists on the technology and science to be shown. S. Arunan, one of the senior ISRO scientist said that the technology shown in the movie, along with the working of spaceships is very good. With the 3D effects; the viewers feel that they're a part of the movie.

The special screening was also attended by a team of ten NASA scientists. Scott had a special message for the ISRO scientists at the beginning of the movie. He said that he and the scientists have something in common; that is the love for space and science. He further said that space is a subject that has always fascinated him as it's evident from his earlier films. Scott congratulated the ISRO team for their successful completion of one year around Mars with the ISRO Mangalyaan Update : Everything Is Fine & Destination Is ~30 Days Away mission.

The-Martian-ISRO-NASA

The Martian is based on a science fiction novel written by Andy Weir. The movie is about a scientists who is left behind on Mars and has to survive until the rescue teams get back to the red planet. The protagonist of the movie is Mark Watney, played by renowned actor Matt Damon. Damon was seen last year as Dr. Mann in movie Interstellar.

The movie is set to release in India on October 2nd in English, Hindi, Telugu and Tamil. If you are a space lover; you ought to watch this movie.

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    I too watched the trailer. The trailer was so fascinating and waiting for its release . Happy that it releases in Tamil too. Another space story - Wowwwww!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Here we go; the official trailer of The Martian -

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

doing M.E. in construction engineering and management.. can anyone list out any project ideas which i can relate to construction management??
Hi Guys.. I am new here! I watched few no. of conversation and it was very intresting nd helpful. I would like to know that Is there any space for...
I am working in HCL Bserve as a network provisioner doing manual testing of telecom ckts on Lec GUI and sending a disconnect request. But this process comes under BPO...
Imagine a new material that can sustain a force of more than 6577 kg per sq. inch (which is the pressure found at 10.9 km below the ocean, the deepest...
Born in Vishakhapatnam with family roots in Uttarakhand, Renu Bisht was born to a father who was an officer in Indian Navy. Along with an elder sister and an younger...