the magnetic equivalent of ohm's law is ..

Today, one of our lecturers asked this question in classroom. It was - What is the magnetic equivalent of ohm's law? I am clueless about the answer to this. Can some CEan explain?

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Ohm's law:

E = IR where E is the EMF, I is the current and R the resistance.

Magnetic Circuit Hopkinson.27S Law: The Magnetic Analogy To Ohm.27S Law

F = ΦR[sub]m[/sub] where F is the MMF, Φ is the magnetic flux and R[sub]m[/sub] the magnetic reluctance

Just as Ohm's law relates the EMF across an element in a circuit to the current flowing through that element, Hopkinson's law relates the MMF (MagnetoMotive Force) across a magnetic element in a circuit to the magnetic flux through that element. The constant corresponding to electrical resistance in Ohm's law, is magnetic reluctance in Hopkinson's law..
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    silverscorpion
    Ohm's law:

E = IR where E is the EMF, I is the current and R the resistance.

Magnetic Circuit Hopkinson.27S Law: The Magnetic Analogy To Ohm.27S Law

F = ΦR[sub]m[/sub] where F is the MMF, Φ is the magnetic flux and R[sub]m[/sub] the magnetic reluctance

Just as Ohm's law relates the EMF across an element in a circuit to the current flowing through that element, Hopkinson's law relates the MMF (MagnetoMotive Force) across a magnetic element in a circuit to the magnetic flux through that element. The constant corresponding to electrical resistance in Ohm's law, is magnetic reluctance in Hopkinson's law..
    Actually this question was asked in an exam.
    the options are
    lens law
    faradays law
    rowlands law
    maxwells law
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ Then the answer would be Rowland's law.. It seems Hopkinson's law is also called Rowland's law.

In that same Wiki page, there is an analogy of various elements in magnetic and electric circuits. Refer that..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Don't mess with women! Very Funny and May be True! 😛​ ​​ A lady driver gets pulled over for speeding by cop! Woman: "Is there a problem, Officer?" Officer: "Ma'am,you...
1-what is the best compiler used with eclipse c\c++ i used mingw but not ok (Can't find a source file at "../mingw/crt1.c" Locate the file or edit the source lookup...
Hi everyone! İ need to help one point,i must find the one second order differential equation when solved the sallen and key high pass filter..Anyone can help me?Thanks a lot...
Please check if my answers are correct and tell me if it is correct to give the answers to two decimal places?
While placing order on Flipkart, I noticed that Flipkart no longer uses CCAveneue - one of the most preferred payment gateways in India (it allows transactions in Indian Rupees). However,...