The Invite System For T-Shirt Retires On August 31, 2014 [Must Read]

We've an important announcement to make about the invites system for CrazyEngineers T-Shirts. We've decided to retire the invites system for the t-shirts. Here's the summary of the announcement -
  • The invite system for T-shirts expires on August 31, 2014. No invites codes will be shared from today onwards.
  • Those who have the invite codes, can still share the codes and ensure that they are used. If you exhaust all your three sharable codes before 31 August, 2014; you will be eligible for 10% on your next order of CrazyEngineers T-shirts, polos, hoodies etc.; as promised earlier.
  • This will continue till our Batch II goes out of stock. As of now, we're out of stock for all the XL sized t-shirts.
  • Batch III is likely to arrive towards the end of September.
Very Important: Anyone who gets the invite code must fill up the form: #-Link-Snipped-#

Your code will be considered 'used' only if an actual order is placed using the tee.

Details (Optional Read):-

Why are you retiring the invite system?

When we planned for the invites system, we were totally unsure of the overall response we'd get and assumed that only the registered members will buy the t-shirts. Plus, we wanted to ensure that each CEan should decide who gets the CE tee. We also over 'underestimated' the efforts it'd take us to manage the systems.

However, as always - we were proven wrong. The first batch of the t-shirt was sold out within 3 days and even the reserved stock was exhausted. The second batch's is likely to be sold out in the next ~5-8 days.

With just three of us doing everything - from managing technical side to retail side (from ensuring that payments are smooth and hassle free to sticking addresses on the shipment packs to handling calls to coordinating with shipment guys); we're getting overburdened. That might sound like a lame excuse; but that's what's happening. None of us has had time to focus on the big things that we've been working on, lined up for launch in coming days. We are unable to afford the delays anymore.

That's why we've decided to cut the things that can be huge time savers. We've began work on easing the entire process; setting up an automated buying process and also begin work on more exciting things that will blow your mind! 👍 😁.

If you have questions, please post them below.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Is it possible that you guys talk to Myntra or someone and putup your stock there? possible?

I have recently seen Deloitte doing it.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Already spoken with Amazon and Flipkart. You need to have a 'range' of products. I'm not sure if that's possible in our case; because we can't buy inventory in huge quantities. Instead, we'll launch a store on CrazyEngineers itself and then offer multiple products; either custom or through tie-ups.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The title says it all. We want someone to make a collage of all the photos of CEans with CrazyEngineers Tshirts shared in the Selfie thread. We will feature it...
Startups located in the central India should take note - you have a golden opportunity to showcase your company in front of a large number of people who matter -...
Posting this on behalf of @Shreesh Vakil , the author of this article. Yesterday a friend of mine an entrepreneur himself asked me if I would accompany him to attend...
Finally we receive Ormerod kit from RepRap and we assemble our first 3D Printer. Here are some pics. Time for Ormerod LIVE
I was wondering if it'd be ethical to download a movie to watch it on your phone, laptop or tablet 'after' you've paid your dues - and have watched it...