The Internet of Things is Too Thingy

The thing about the Internet of Things, says Cees Links, is that “it’s very thingy.”
It’s not that Links, a pioneer of the wireless data industry, doesn’t see the connection between the Internet of Things and the things themselves, but all the focus on the actual devices, he says, is missing the point and making everyone confused about what the business opportunity and actual potential for the industry is.
Endquote
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Got a 404 when opening the link unfortunately. But I suppose the "back end" players of IoT have not been given much spotlight. I don't think "everyone" is confused about the business opportunity, its only those high level executives who read marketing briefs 😛

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

With his father working in the Vizag steel plant, Prabhat Kumar Tiwary's childhood and his formative years were spent in Vizag. After completing his Engineering from BIT Mesra in 1995....
(Sent by B-I-L Shyam) IMPORTANT NOTICE : Income Tax department has added a new window in their I.T. E-FILING WEBSITE viz " ACCOUNT CASH TRANSACTIONS " , from today morning.....!!!!!...
Hi, Is there any ewaste collection centres in bangalore? i cleaned my room and closet and got some 100s of CD/DVD/ floppy , old speakers, etc. which i dont want...
hi Windows users, WhatsApp is updating with many security, storage management and video call features. read my tweets here;
Have you seen an astrologer with a magnifying glass, concentrating on a bereaved soul's hands to analyze the knots and loops of life? Pinching your own intellect, can you really...