The GRID Computing & You

CEans,

Most of you must have heard about the GRID computing. I've heard few people say that its Internet 2.0.

I, however, think that its not something 'new'. Or is it? I guess projects like SETI@HOME have been using the concept of distributed computing since long.

So what do you all have to say about GRID, the technology & the way its going to affect you?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Grid Computing is awesome. I think my uni will implement it soon to be used by computer-intensive research 😀

Besides.. it's much more cheaper than buying a huge supercomputer! If we had lots of active members (perhaps by the thousands), we probably can do our own CE grid thing thing.. probably for the sake of solving complex engineering problems 😉
  • desijays
    desijays
    Grid Computing: The act of marrying my computer to you're computer to give birth to a super computer.

Someone once said that. I just don't remember who.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

job

i want foreign job immediatedly please help me how to apply
Well, Im not a new member of CE exactly. Just been inactive for quite a while. So I thought Ill take the liberty to re-introduce myself. Well, as is obvious,...
guys I saw few requests for books in computer science section,regarding books review,request for books such things.what is the use of opening a section in chit-chat with book sub-section. guys...
hi guys.. Their is not much activity in the CE-Infocus section.The latest UPDATES in the field of engineering have to find its place here.we have to do some search for...
Hello,i am very glad to join my engineer fellow.What are the materials needed in the constroction of solar power supply?