The Gaming Freaks

In this thread, I ask everyone to post the games they like or are playing.

1. Present games you are playing & why
2. The best games you ever liked & why
3. Planning to buy & why

Mine are:
1. Guildwars cuz its MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) and tekken 5.

2. Final Fantasy series and Mettal Gear Solid series on PS2

3. Guildwars: Nightfall, Final Fantasy 12, Okami (awesome!!)

My fav website for games is Video Games Reviews & News - GameSpot

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx, I think its the best time I can explain you the difference between Chit-Chat and General Discussions sections.

The General Discussions is about "Ideas", "Debates" & "Finance". On this thread, we may have a long discussion without generating any new idea as such.

Moving the thread to Chit-Chat -> Hobby Center.

-The Big K-
    p.s:
    You may argue that this thread fits best in General Section. But there's a thin line. ๐Ÿ˜
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Heehehe, I was just thinking of that!!! Good one biggie, yes it can be moved to the chit chat. Now I get it.

๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
  • desijays
    desijays
    xheavenlyx
    In this thread, I ask everyone to post the games they like or are playing.

1. Present games you are playing & why
    2. The best games you ever liked & why
    3. Planning to buy & why

Mine are:
    1. Guildwars cuz its MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) and tekken 5.

2. Final Fantasy series and Mettal Gear Solid series on PS2

3. Guildwars: Nightfall, Final Fantasy 12, Okami (awesome!!)

My fav website for games is Video Games Reviews & News - GameSpot

1. Games i'm playing -> europa universalis 3 ( its so bloody hard, my head hurts. Its like playing chess with a single pawn !!! )

2. Theres a man after my heart - MAFIA. I'll never forget this game. It made me cry towards the end !!!. Ive never come across games that had such an emotionally entrenched story.

3. FSX. I've played FS2004 and FS 2002. I love them both. Flying the planes in them are so realistic it feels like flying the actual planes. I've flown the cessna 172 on the game so many times, i think i'll be at ease if i really had to man a live cessna cockpit.

im not a fan of console games. Playing FPS games on them makes me feel like a toddler learning to walk...

my fav site for games are gamespot.com and megagames.com. I checkout others too inconsistently...
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Well, till recently had a very old machine, a P4 Centrino with 256MB ram, so the most I could play was NFSUG2, recently purchased a TurionDualCore with 1GB ram and GeForce addon ๐Ÿ˜€

So, the list woud be -

1. Myst5 (very abstruse), Caesar IV (slightly hitchy), Starcraft Broodwars (for old times sake), NFSUG2 (finally, the car runs!!)
    2. Diablo2:LoD, TES series, AOE, Warcraft series, Starcraft series (yes, Blizzard rocks!!)
    3. Heroes of Might and Magic 5 & 6, Dark Messiah, Starcraft2 (when it releases), HL2 (have played it, but dont have it anymore :-( ), TES:Oblivion
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    P4 Centrino? Did you modify the P4 somehow? hehe, jokin ๐Ÿ˜›

My laptop's an old P4 2.0Ghz, with a 32MB ATI mobility card.. the last game I played on it was Mafia. Very cool game.. but never had the time to finish it. My family comp is a Dell with a Pentium D processor. Its got an integrated intel gfx card, so it's not good at all with games *sigh*

1. Me not playing any games at the moment. Waiting to upgrade family comp and/or my laptop. And um.. busy with studies too. Yea ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Half Life, Command & Conquer, C&C Red Alert, Wing Commander Prophecy and Alien Vs Predator 2. All of them are absolute classics!

HL, no question about it. C&C set the foundations of what an RTS should be like. Damn fun. The WCP had a great plot, nice space flight combat and cut scenes. AVP2 was pretty innovative, especially when you play the Predator!

3. Ah.. the ones that come out already: X3, HL2 (and the Episodes).

The ones that havent come out yet: Sins of a Solar Empire (I like space sims like those), NBA Live 08, Settlers: Rise of an Empire (I got pretty addicted to S2), Bioshock and Quake Wars. I doubt I'd get to buy ALL of them though.

Fav website, as with the rest of you, is also Gamespot. Its got great previews and tournaments. Have you guys watched the Gears of War Tournament on it? It was soooo cool man.

I wish I could also get my hands on an Xbox360 too.. *dreams*
  • ashutosh
    ashutosh
    ash
    P4 Centrino? Did you modify the P4 somehow? hehe, jokin ๐Ÿ˜›

My laptop's an old P4 2.0Ghz, with a 32MB ATI mobility card.. the last game I played on it was Mafia. Very cool game.. but never had the time to finish it. My family comp is a Dell with a Pentium D processor. Its got an integrated intel gfx card, so it's not good at all with games *sigh*

1. Me not playing any games at the moment. Waiting to upgrade family comp and/or my laptop. And um.. busy with studies too. Yea ๐Ÿ˜‰

2. Half Life, Command & Conquer, C&C Red Alert, Wing Commander Prophecy and Alien Vs Predator 2. All of them are absolute classics!

HL, no question about it. C&C set the foundations of what an RTS should be like. Damn fun. The WCP had a great plot, nice space flight combat and cut scenes. AVP2 was pretty innovative, especially when you play the Predator!

3. Ah.. the ones that come out already: X3, HL2 (and the Episodes).

The ones that havent come out yet: Sins of a Solar Empire (I like space sims like those), NBA Live 08, Settlers: Rise of an Empire (I got pretty addicted to S2), Bioshock and Quake Wars. I doubt I'd get to buy ALL of them though.

Fav website, as with the rest of you, is also Gamespot. Its got great previews and tournaments. Have you guys watched the Gears of War Tournament on it? It was soooo cool man.

I wish I could also get my hands on an Xbox360 too.. *dreams*
    i have not download games till 3 months but i have played prince of percia ,
    and hardley davidson race.
    sorry i have not introduce myself.
    I am ashutosh, ET & T. in 2nd year.
  • Deathwatch
    Deathwatch
    Well I have a Quad Core Q6660 with 8Gb RAM Vista 64bit Home Prem with a 8800GT Extreme.

1. Call of Duty 4 and Grid.
    2. Used to love Medal of Honor Allied Assualt, Half Life 2, Wolfenstein.
    3. Call of Duty World at War (Amazing gameplay and graphics PC version of course consoles just don't come near to a great pc).

I am a member of a gaming clan #-Link-Snipped-# we hold lan events and are currently doing one for charity in November!
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    I have NVIDIA's GT200-GTx260 ๐Ÿ˜€. The performance is awesome.

I liked FarCry so much.
    I'm playing Call of Duty4 right now. This game is also good, provided you have a good discrete GPU.
  • devesh
    devesh
    Now I dont play games just because the friends with whom i used to play are no more with me.In college counter strike was a huge hit..........
    I still remember the days when we used play for long hours(6-7or may be 8) with maximum players on the server(32 players).
    Age of empires and NFSUG2 are also good to play.....
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Has anyone played Crysis!? Or MGS 4, Assasins Creed? I love those games, hopefully I can afford a PS3 soon.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    No gaming for a long time, I guess.. well, my favorites are Quake 3 arena, world of warcraft, Hitman series, etc.
    I'm addicted to warcraft.
    currently I'm not playing any games, though.
    I'm not a big fan of racing, hence the likes of NFS are rarely installed in my PC.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What would you call as Greatest invention of all times that completely changed our lives? It would be Electricity, Computer or Internet or any other?? Post in your views.
It is said that "An intelligent person is one who learns from his mistakes but a wise man is one who learns from others mistakes". It would not be wrong...
Group discussions has been recently added for the recruitment of candidates in companies. They help in evaluating a person's inner thought while working with the company. Through GD's(Group discussions) we...
Lets join all together the questions asked in HR interviews. Q: Tell me about yourself The most often asked question in interviews. You need to have a short statement prepared...
Hello CEans! I hope someone will help me fix this. The .png images with a transparent background doesn't work in IE 6.0. Internet explorer retains the background as "white" instead...