1. Become a Developer for CrazyEngineers - Apply NOW!

"The Financial" - Finance for Engineers Series!

Discussion in 'The Café - General Discussions On Everything' started by Shrikant Bedekar, Jan 20, 2014.

1. Shreyas Sule
    Nice initiative :cean:
    It would be really helpful if you could take a sample payslip for any company and would explain the finer details about it. Maybe explain some concepts or cite resources that would help freshers in any company to understand their pay structures better. It has to more generic ofcourse considering that each company has different rules and tax structures.
    Also, shed more light on how actually tax calculations are done!!! I could never discover their algorithm.:confused:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ankita Katdare
    I for one, am really looking forward to reading simple, easy-to-understand lessons on Finance.
    As engineers, we find the subject really weird and hard to grasp.
    Thanking @Shrikant Bedekar a lot for taking up this initiative.
    I promise you all - There's a lot to look forward to from 'The Financial' series!

:thumbsup:
  3. Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah - I've asked Shrikant to do an article on Payslip analysis. He's going to cover the most important topics; which are commonly misunderstood. You may request all the topics you want here :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Shrikant Bedekar
    The tax structure is definite. The basic pay calculations are same, the only difference will be in the allowances that are paid, however every thing has been prescribed including allowances and the calculations that are to be made. I will of course shed some light on this topic once we are through with general discussion.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kaustubh Katdare
  6. Anand Tamariya
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ankita Katdare
    I am keeping the series updated. Do put your queries and suggestions in this discussion.
  8. Ankita Katdare
    Next in the series, we begin with - Financial Planning. Do keep a watch on this discussion.
  9. Himanshu Sethi