The Dash - World's First Smart Earphones

German sound and software company BRAGI has unveiled the world's first smart ear buds - "The Dash". This seems to be a big leap in the earphone technology. The Dash is a wireless pair of completely discrete buds that can work with a connected smartphone or completely on their own via an internal 4 GB storage for loading up your own songs directly.It uses Bluetooth 4.0 (with aptX) connectivity for streaming audio from your smartphone. It crams in an IR LED, optical sensor, 3-axis accelerometer, ambient mic and ear-bone mic. Each bud contains 100mAh battery, which should be good enough for 3 hours of use and also it is water resistant.

Dash_Smart_wireless_Headphones

Dash comes with 3 different sleeves that offers you an option to pick the fit that's right for your ears. Silicon sleeves come in small, medium and large to ensure that your wireless ear buds don't fall right out of your head. The on-board sensors can track one's heart rate, oxygen saturation, steps, distance traveled, speed, energy spent using in-built health and body sensors. The ear-bone mic eliminates background interference and acts as a full fledged activity tracker and can also be used for making calls. The transport audio feature allows to hear what's going around you; for instance when you're cycling or running.

The left bud controls your activity monitoring while the right one manages the audio controls, including audio volume and playlists selection. Without a phone the ear buds can still monitor and track fitness and performance and that information can be downloaded to a supporting smartphone app later. If you're a hardcore jogger or just somebody who wants to listen to music wirelessly the Dash seems perfectly designed for you. So what are your views regarding these pair of earphones, which fits inside your ear, pack MP3s and fitness tracking? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google search now allows relationship based voice commands for Android users. All you need to do is save the contact with its relationship to the user and then you are...
Regional smartphone and tablet manufacturer Micromax Informatics Limited has put up its new dirt cheap 7-inch Android Jelly Bean tablet up for sale on its official store. The Micromax Funbook...
Most of the engineering students on our community are trying to study for some or the other exam. If you talk around the group you will find that a lot...
It may sound like a science fiction but with the support from National Science Foundation (NSF), Bio-medical engineer Bin He and his team at the University Of Minnesota have created...
hey guys anyone seeing my post please reply.. i couldnt find any place to post my queries or threads. just show me the option where i can post..