The Articles System On CrazyEngineers Upgraded

We are proud to announce that the articles system on CrazyEngineers has now been upgraded. It's an upgrade we were 'holding off' for over past 1 year and are now happy to report that the upgrade has been successful.

You may find a few bits in the styling out of place; but keep in mind that they are being worked on. Of course, if you wish to let us know something we might have skipped, please post comments below.

You will appreciate the following changes:-
  • You can now quote the text in news articles. We seriously missed getting 'Quote | Reply' options for the text written in our news items and interviews. But no more. Feel free to quote stuff and comment.
  • We are now testing regular comments layout on our article. Earlier, the comments on articles were displayed in a different 'comments' format. We'll now stick to our regular format throughout the site. This also eliminates the step that required 'refresh' of the page. However, if you all want we can still switch to the 'comments' layout without needing the refresh.
  • The new system is a LOT more efficient from the back-end perspective. It reduces the query count to a fraction of what it was earlier; which means lesser load on our servers and faster loading of pages on user's mobiles and computers.
  • We're about to get author profiles and display them at the bottom of every post authored by them. Plus, authors will get quick permanent link to the archives.
  • We've cleaned up the header section of the articles to remove social networking buttons and are now working on making them available at the bottom of the article. Should result in overall better reader experience.
  • We'll now have a separate category for our Founder Circuit and Small Talk interviews. Similarly, all the news items will go into 'VoiCE' category.
We're continuing to make changes. Do let us know your feedback. 😀

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have noticed slight color difference between Edges and the inside box where title of Voice article is written. It would look better if the edges and title border will have same color.
    Plus, Date widget on article box irks lil bit. I feel it would look better if you put date box entirely inside article box or out of it.

Overall, good upgrade. Looks better than previous one.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello sir, I got placed in Cognizant last month through on campus drive. as I have no experience working in an IT sector I have so many questions. It would...
Born and raised in Bangalore, Sudhi Seshachala grew up in Koramangala, the startup capital of Bangalore. Sudhi hails from a conservative middle class south Indian family. His dad is a...
As we all know Hollywood make movies which are most valid to science but after watching Ant Man, here concept of reducing interatomic spaces between atoms is used to shrink...
Hi everyone, I'm Anil, I completed my B.com from Bangalore University, Now a days I'm interested to become a software so how to start my career please assist me.
egazette.nic.in is the official portal for the gazette of India in digital form. The government of India has taken an absolutely brilliant step towards its mission to make 'Digital India'...