Test Engineer Interview questions (Experienced)

I logged in to CE today to contribute something since contributions my end because absolute last year, SO instead of I am back or some other posts i think this time i talk through my actions.

SO This thread i am dedicating for posting all the interview questions for experienced test engineer. The focus will be purely on Automation testing using qtp and selenium and welcome for posting questions on manual testing. I will also update the answers if i know them. These question are not copied from anywhere , these are questions i faced and i usually ask in interviews. I would request all the test engineers in CE to update the list and post you questions so that we can answer and also learn.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Questions on QTP:
    1. What is the current framework you are using?
    2. Please explain it using a folder structure.
    3. If there is a change in application , what parts of your framework should be updated to accommodate that change?
    4. If i have to create a new test, how do i do it?
    5. How can your framework be used by other projects?
    6. What is the estimation model?
    7. How do you estimate a well known project and new unknown project?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    1. Explain me the string manipulation functions.
    2. How to reverse a string without using strrev?
    3. How to count the number of occurrences of a letter in a given string?
    4. How to separate our numbers and alphabets in given string?
    5. Explain descriptive programming?
    6. Example of child item, childobjects and getrowwithcelltext?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    What is fso object, and what are all different methods that can be performed by using fso object?
    How to handle exceptions?
    How to run multiple tests in parallel?
    How to use mandatory, assistive and ordinal identifiers?
    what is smart identification?
    What is object identification?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    How do you generate HTML results?
    How to access excel using qtp?
    how to access database using qtp?
    How to perform DDL and DML operations on database using qtp?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Guys, all testers out there, please answer the questions if you know the answers and post questions if you have any. I have the answers for the above questions , will post them after a day or two.

tagging : #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just want to ask that if the scheduling algorithm by JRE is priority scheduling since the threads are executed on the basis of their priority ,then is time slicing...
Quote: NeuroMetrix, Inc. (Nasdaq: NURO) will unveil and demonstrate Quell, a novel wearable pain relief device at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics show (CES) January 6-9 in Las Vegas. Quell...
Hi all... Need some guidance regarding cdac Dvlsi course.. My C-CAT Rank is 770 and 327 mems are above my rank for dvlsi.. Can I expect admission in CDAC PUNE?...
Google researchers have went ahead and posted details about a Windows 8.1 vulnerability after the 90 days deadline it gave to Microsoft ended just days before new year eve. Google’s...
With days to go for Consumer Electronics Show 2015, Alcatel OneTouch has announced its CES launches. The company has sent out a press release teasing its new smartphone and smartwatch...