Tesla Model III - Game Changer?

Quote:
"I think we're going to try to do something more radical," says Elon Musk, creator of Tesla Motors, whose charging stations will power your Tesla for free, forever. This one, the Model III could be available in 2016, but more likely the middle or end of 2017. It's 20% lighter than the Model S and much cheaper.
The $35,000 price tag slashes the $60,000+ price of the Model S.
Endquote
Tesla's Model III goes 200 miles per charge and costs $35... | Minds

Replies

• Mechie Projects
    Mechie Projects
    With the ever lower gas prices, is the model sustainable?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Gas is a limited resource.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm still to be convinced by electric car makers that it's the future of transportation and clean energy. If any only if we stop making electricity by burning fossil fuels and switch to solar, nuclear and other forms of energy to produce electricity to charge EV batteries - we'll have truly pollution free electric cars.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm still to be convinced by electric car makers that it's the future of transportation and clean energy. If any only if we stop making electricity by burning fossil fuels and switch to solar, nuclear and other forms of energy to produce electricity to charge EV batteries - we'll have truly pollution free electric cars.
    I agree by and large. However, fossil fuel cars have an overall efficiency of only 15 to 17%. EVs no doubt consume power produced using fossil fuel. But these stationary generating systems do have an efficiency 35 to 40%. Also the EVs are lighter with Tesla at least using lead free lightweight batteries and a lighter construction. It is at least a start in the right direction.
  • Mechie Projects
    Mechie Projects
    The efficiency of burning gasoline directly in a IC engine is 33%, which is more than the efficieny of (fuel burned in thermal power plant+ electric cars efficiency), put together. Non-conventional energy is the way forward.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After successfully launching the Le 1S and the Le Max smartphones, LeEco is set to introduce Smart TVs and VR devices in India. LeEco, previously known Letv, has managed to...
By taking cue from the developments in quantum computing of the 20th century to build a quantum light that could better today's internet security technologies, the scientists from Stanford University...
Quote: If you search for good DIY solar power project for your home there are thousands available on internet. Some of them are very complex and require special tools or...
Quote: In this video I show you how to Do It Yourself Giant Gummy Cola Bottle - is an easy recipe for everyone. What you will need: - For the...
Although the intention was to identify the focal points of seizures in epilepsy patients, a team of neuroscientists from the University of Washington have also uncovered ways to transcribe human...