Terra Motors Launch 1000cc Kiwami Electric Bike In India - Say Goodbye To Petrol Stations!

Terra Motors - the company which calls itself the No.1 Electric vehicle manufacturer in Japan, has brought to the Indian markets its latest Electric motorcycle called Kiwami. Priced at a huge amount of Rs. 18 Lakhs, the Terra Motors Kiwami sports bike features a 1000cc class acceleration and a max speed of 160 Km/hour. The company boasts off about its powerful original power train that allows the bike's rider to witness world-class rapid acceleration. Hand-made in Japan, the Kiwami bike has been developed by Terra Motors' engineers to feature strong suspension for the hard road conditions in India. To charge this electric bike, one has to simply plug it into a typical socket.

In the specifications list on the official website, Terra Motors lists the dimensions as 2050mm length, a 750 mm width and 1080 mm overall height. The word 'Kiwami' in Japanese stands for the English word ‘Ultimate’. The Lithium-Ion battery life of the vehicle is stated as 3000 times and the running range of 200 Km at a charging time of 6 hours. Sharing his views on Terra Motors' entry in Indian market, CEO and Founder, Toru Tokushige said that India being the second biggest manufacturer and user of two-wheelers, they have a strategic growth plan that has India on its radar. The company will be investing an about Rs. 30 crore in the country during next fiscal (2014-15).

Terra-Motors-Kiwami-1

Terra-Motors-Kiwami-2 Terra-Motors-Kiwami-3

The company strongly feels that this new super bike has brought to life an urban mobility solution that sports the zero-emission tag and therefore is an important emblem fighting against the global issues of rising prices of fuel and pollution resulting in environment's degradation. In the press release, the company speaks of its vision that isn't just about introducing a vehicle of speed and superior design; but also a technologically smart and environmental friendly one. Right now, the company has disclosed its plans to set up a production plant in India in the near future. Till then, the units will be imported from Japan and sold on the Indian soil.

To take a glimpse of this bike and a series of executive electric scooters, you can look out for Terra Motors at the Delhi Auto Expo 2014. Till then, let us know your thoughts and opinions on Kiwami's looks and features through comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    Huge price tag
    Cant expect good sale
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Velshankar M
    Huge price tag
    Cant expect good sale
    True that. I was expecting that comment. At that price, people may not be burning precious fuel, but they are sure burning pockets.
    Thankfully though, the company seems to have taken note of the fact that consumers are currently opting for fuel-powered options not because of the low regard to electric ones, but because of the prices.
    Taking that into consideration, we might as well expect to see cheaper variants of electric vehicles from Terra Motors in the future.

Till then, we look forward to the Auto Expo to see its two and three-wheeler scooters. 👀 ☕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've had the chance to drive an electric car - and boy, the acceleration is 1000x better than a regular petrol/diesel car. I bet the acceleration of these electric bikes is going to be just super awesome.
  • Velshankar MJ
    Velshankar MJ
    But the sound and feel cant be awesome as race bikes that use fuel......
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've had the chance to drive an electric car - and boy, the acceleration is 1000x better than a regular petrol/diesel car. I bet the acceleration of these electric bikes is going to be just super awesome.
    You bet that was fully electric car and had awesome acceleration?
    I used a Hybrid Civic for around a year and my experience for acceleration was not awesome.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rajni Jain
    You bet that was fully electric car and had awesome acceleration?
    I used a Hybrid Civic for around a year and my experience for acceleration was not awesome.
    Yep, fully electric car by 'Better Place' (the company doesn't exist anymore, sadly)! It's altogether difference experience. The gasoline cars can, I guess, never beat the acceleration of the electric cars. The torque and the overall experience is super awesome.
  • Shrikant Bedekar
    Shrikant Bedekar
    Will these bike feel as good any other petrol run bikes or will there be a compromise in its performance and feel ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, Just another guy pursuing graduation in Computer Science and Engineering from Nagpur. I'm a social person by nature. Like to make new friends and enjoy good company too....
Hey ... I do in February my Bachelor Project about Liquefied petroleum gas effect on environment and human plz any one help
A new engineering mega project is set to commission in the city of Nagpur (India). The track is expected to span about 40 kilometers and if things go as planned,...
Is assembly language still used? If yes then how do i get started?
While working on our PC due to constant use of mouse our hand pains n it can cause d muscles to get injured. So here a solution for that "AIR...