TeeWe 2 - Price, Specs and What's New?

TeeWe, the Google Chromecast competitor from India has announced the upgraded of their popular HDMI media streaming dongle. The makers of TeeWe, Mango Man Consumer Electronics Pvt. Ltd., will put TeeWe 2 on sale with a price tag of Rs. 2399 on May 25, 2015. Note that the price of Google Chromecast in India is Rs. 2999 (on #-Link-Snipped-#); which makes TeeWe a budget friendly alternative for price cautious Indians. The uninitiated may note that TeeWe 2 lets you stream your media content from your smartphone, desktop (PC and Mac) or even Chrome browser to big screen TV in full HD glory.

The new TeeWe 2 comes packed with free 2 month premium subscription of ErosNow online. Owners of TeeWe 2 will be able to access online video content offered by Eros Entertainment free of cost. TeeWe 2 will also offer 20 GB of free data per month for 3 months for Airtel broadband consumers.

Let's take a quick look at specs and what's new with the new device. The TeeWe 2 comes packed with Dual Core ARM Cortex A9 processor and a quad-core GPU to handle high definition graphics. The dongle relies on Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n signal to receive streamed content and is powered using USB; which typically your TV itself will provide.

TeeWe-2-Specs-Price

TeeWe 2 is about 30% smaller in its form factor. The company also says that the Wi-Fi chip inside the device has been upgraded along with internal antenna which should result into lesser disconnections. The power adapter inside the dongle has also been improved and there's a detachable USB cord. The new adapter can tolerate power fluctuations which means the device will have a longer life-span. All the technical specifications of the TeeWe 2 are available on the official website linked below.

Source: This Site Under Construction

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Though it seems a good package for the price.
    Questions :
    1. Does it play the video files on VLC/video player on TV without mirror screen, connected via laptop? Chromecast can't do it.
    2.What is bottleneck performance of TeeWe? Chromecast only does for 2-3 hours. After it that gets heat up.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As computer technology is forging ahead, the demand for processing information at ultra-fast speed is also increasing. Scientists believe that silicon photonics has the potential of improving performance and speed...
A developer-designer duo - Kaiwei Tang and Joe Hollier came together as a part of Google's inaugural 30 Weeks incubator program to build a revolutionary new device called the 'Light...
'The Engineer', UK, has this to say: Quote: Lot’s of questions, I’m afraid, and not many answers. Which is why we’ve assembled a panel of experts from across the aero...
Quote The Engineer is the pre-eminent publication for our profession. Therefore, unsurprisingly, I regularly make my way through the various articles online. One of the pieces that recently caught my...
wnat the viva question