Technology suggesions for cloud computing

I am a M.Tech student and want to do a final year project in cloud computing in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). I am knowing the basic facts of the cloud computing but don't exactly know through which technologies I should go. I am completely clueless about the development procedure of cloud based application. Need help ๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yogini bende
    I am a M.Tech student and want to do a final year project in cloud computing in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). I am knowing the basic facts of the cloud computing but don't exactly know through which technologies I should go. I am completely clueless about the development procedure of cloud based application. Need help ๐Ÿ˜•
    Welcome to CrazyEngineers. Your choice of technology would solely be decided by the kind of project or application you wish to work on. SAAS is simply what the name suggests : a software being offered as a service [Office 365, for example]. If you tell us what SAAS project your wish to work for and share other details, we'll be able to make suggestions on the right technology.
  • Suraj Dodiya
    Suraj Dodiya
    First of all Clear out what you want to do in Cloud Computing. Cloud Computing is Vast area of Knowledge and one can do many things in it.
  • yogini bende
    yogini bende
    Thank you for the reply sir.. I am thinking to make an application where links of all the profiles of user on different websites will b available so that with one application they can go through all their imp pages and along with that, the option of storing photos, videos and other information. But right now, I am clueless about going further.
  • yogini bende
    yogini bende
    I have also read recently about the SaaS CMS. Is it effective tool or of no use??
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    yogini bende
    Before going to develop the cloud based application, first you should decide on the platform which you will be using, Many platforms are available to develop and host applications on the cloud, but there are things to consider (e.g. the language to be used for development, service cost (some may be free too),feasibility for creation of particular application etc.). Find the one that suits your needs and go ahead ๐Ÿ˜€
    To get yourself started, you can check these links:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yogini bende
    Thank you for the reply sir.. I am thinking to make an application where links of all the profiles of user on different websites will b available so that with one application they can go through all their imp pages and along with that, the option of storing photos, videos and other information. But right now, I am clueless about going further.
    I think more than anything else, you will have to spend some time understanding what cloud computing exactly is. You can run any damn web application on the cloud without needing any 'special' changes to the code. So you may want to develop any software application in PHP, Ruby, node.js, perl and so on - and have that app run on the cloud.

Remember that cloud is nothing but a cluster of servers running together. You should be able to configure it for anything you like and there are ready made stacks available in the open source world just to do that.

yogini bende
    I am thinking to make an application where links of all the profiles of user on different websites will b available so that with one application they can go through all their imp pages and along with that, the option of storing photos, videos and other information. But right now, I am clueless about going further
    Okay, what are the programming languages you are familiar with? How'd you develop that software if you didn't have to do it for cloud computing?
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    yogini bende
    Start from Virtual Machines. Cost n all come later.
    I've been working on Cloud recently and use Ruby for Cloud Infrastructure automation. And, in that proceeding I find Virtual Machines the best to learn how the things will work on cloud. If you want multiple instances, use a Virtual Machine management tool called Vagrant by HashiCorp. It will provide you a feel of working on cloud.

As a simple exercise to start with, try to write (Ruby) code for 5 Vagrant Instances, where 1 instance is for Database, 3 of them are web servers (take some open source website or build your own) and 1 for Load Balancer.

Manually SSH into those instances using Putty and do your installations and configurations as required (this can be automated too ๐Ÿ˜€ but since you are starter, do it manually).

After the installations are done, you hit on load balancers IP and see your website run! You can use HaProxy for load balancing.

Read this post for months and try to do what I asked for! Build your confidence!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple sure has several Indian engineers working on various software and hardware products. It's however taken them iOS 8.3 (beta 2) to make Siri - Apple's personal digital assistant with...
There are at least 10 lesser talked about companies in India that are trying to introduce the next killer Android smartphone. Fly Mobile, headquartered in London, has entered India in...
I am a fresh mechanical engineering graduate(B-Tech), i am planning to study NDT course. What are the job opportunities? Is it worth studying? And how well i get paid? Kindly...
frnz anyone give some details on basic wireless communication process like wifi communication..... i need a detailed flow chart for the wireless communication method...... how the digital 0's and 1's...
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract Web-scale image search engines (e.g., Google image search, Bing image search) mostly rely on surrounding text features. It is difficult for them to interpret...