Technological Innovation in Indian Railways - Your Suggestions And Ideas

Engineering community is all about sharing of new ideas. This year, the Indian Minister of Railways, Suresh Prabhu, in the Railway Budget 2016-17, announced plans to set up a dedicated, cross functional team called Special Unit for Transportation Research and Analytics (Sutra) for carrying internal and external innovation in the Indian Railways.

The team is now collecting ideas about how one can improve Indian Railways. It'd be great to note your thoughts on technological innovation in Indian Railways

The best entry in the replies below will win:​

upload_2016-11-8_11-12-25
Rules of the Contest:
  1. Your entry must be 100% original.
  2. Any entry having copied content from other websites or any other source will be deleted and disqualified.
  3. Entries made after 12:00 AM tonight will not be considered for the giveaway.
  4. Winner will be declared here tomorrow i.e. on 9th November
  5. Decisions made by CrazyEngineers organising team will be final and abiding to all the giveaway participants.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
  • Deepak Waghmare
    Deepak Waghmare
    For Railway systems,
    Our railways consumes a much amount of electricity for its sole use like for fans, lights, charging point, ac's, etc.
    Government should try PV solar panel, small wind turbine above the railway roof and accumulating that power use it for the own electrical purpose.
    On the engine side the smaller wind turbines should be placed with proper fittings as train moves fast it will generate more amount of electricity which can be used for various useful purposes.
    Solar panels might have risk of wind factor but wind turbines would do the best in this case...
  • Satish kumar Vats
    Satish kumar Vats
    Dear Ankita
    I have often been amused why passenger cabins can`t be provided with individual temperature control devices. For senior citizens weather right now in Delhi is conducive to using warm clothes but it is not same for younger people. same happens in trains. so they can allot a particular cabin to my age people(65 +) and provide such devices in at least to begin with executive class followed by 2AC & 3AC gradually.
    Second idea that I wish to submit is providing choices of seats as in Aeroplanes i.e3. add option of `aisle` because senior citizens find it very difficult to get into their seats, in a chair car if allotted window seat in 3 seat bay. Also people like me use washrooms more frequently due to common problem of prostrate enlargement and thus `AISLE` seat is comfortable for them.
    Regards
    S K Vats
  • Koushik Raman
    Koushik Raman
    The ticketing experience with the IRCTC website can be improved. There are 2 options. First one is that, the customer or passenger should be allowed to select seats based on their interest. Just like how we can select our seats in a theatre while booking a ticket online, we should be allowed to select our desired seat.
    Second one is that, ticket booking at the IRCTC website should actually resemble an airline ticketing system. That is, the most basic ticketing option should actually just give a confirmation that a ticket has been issued, without mentioning the seat numbers. This might actually reduce the load on the system. The seats can be allocated based on check-in or automatically by the system, but at a later stage instead of doing so while booking the ticket. And as an added favour to IRCTC, they can allow the user to select their seats, by viewing the seat map, at an added cost to the actualy ticket price. This can be profitable for IRCTC too. It is basically a win-win situation.
  • Sohel Thakor
    Sohel Thakor
    First Idea:
    I think that every train coach should consist of dustbin so that waste can be reduce inside and outside the trains.
    Second Idea:
    People more often travel without tickets in train there should be system which can sense the passengers without tickets.
    Third Idea:
    There should be GPS tracker in every train engine and its display should be done on the platform so that people can have exact idea about the scheduling of the trains.
  • abhijit basak
    abhijit basak
    Indian Railways needs complete revamp with state of the art technology
    1. Biometric checking systems to avoid any unauthorised travellers.
    ( Boarding pass should be issued at platform after identity verification at platform )
    2. GPS system monitor at each coach for knowing own location.
    3. Spot discount tickets for last moment unsold / cancelled tickets
    4. Choice of food booking while on board to get at next stoppage
    5. Choice of seat numbers while booking
  • Satish kumar Vats
    Satish kumar Vats
    Sohel N Thakor
    First Idea:
    I think that every train coach should consist of dustbin so that waste can be reduce inside and outside the trains.
    Second Idea:
    People more often travel without tickets in train there should be system which can sense the passengers without tickets.
    Third Idea:
    There should be GPS tracker in every train engine and its display should be done on the platform so that people can have exact idea about the scheduling of the trains.
    1. there are dust bins in every coach.
    2.so far none in the world has been able to find asolution to track ticketless travelers. This is humanly impossible.
    3.They keep announcing the arrival departures of trains ,however this is very good idea to post realtime position of train ,which incidentally is available on websites such as
    trains status,live trains running etc.
  • adithya sabarish
    adithya sabarish
    My idea :
    In case of fire, the train driver does not know about the situation and keeps on running. This causes the fire to cease more. So using RF signals i have done a prototype to establish communication between the coach and driver. Also a mechanism to stop the train and automatic intimation to emergency services. This is a fire alert system to the passengers and also to the driver of the train using electronic sensors , RF Tx-Rx and micro controllers.
  • Shrutee Bepari
    Shrutee Bepari
    First of all we should appreciate our Indian Railways for the facility it is providing and there is no need to count all of them as everybody is very familier to many of them.But since there is always a hope of improvement even to something which is the best so as Indian railways.I would suggest the following things :-
    1.The names of the stations which are present at entery and exit must be highlighted with lights or led or must be radium coated so that they would be visible even at night time as passenger finds difficult to determine which station it is.
    2.During the booking of seats the members of same family must be provided with successive seats by changing the booking system mechanism which will reduce the corruption of money giving and changing the seats.
    3.As Solar panels cannot be used on rail roofs but they can be incorporated on station tops to minimise the electricity consumption.
    4.Means of technology must be use to teach the passengers on how to contribute from their side because if they will contribute than railways would become the most clean place of country.
    5.Automatic garbage system must be there which would be able to collect the garbage on its own where ever there is garbage in railway stations or mechanism must be there that if garbage is there than passenger can inform and automatic garbage system may come and take it away that too bio degredable.
    6.Accuracy must be maintained while displaying the boggie no cause it do give trouble to passengers.
    7.For boarding of old age and differently abled persons the mechanism of sliding must be there so that they may be able to get into train easily and even for normal passenges also so that their luggages could be easily taken into and outside.
    8.The system of informing the passenger via electronic means about their reaching destinations must be incorporated in every train.
    9.Escalator or lifts to be incorporated in each and every station for atleast heavy luggages and passengers with problems.
    10.The Railway phataks must be provided with some automatic in between barriers so that even after its closing if somebody tries to pass through it that it get closed automatically.
    11.Automatic medical check up system must be there in every boggie so that if any person is facing any physical unfitness than he could check on its own and take necessary step.
    I hope atleast few of my suggestions would contribute some innovative change to our Indian Railways as Rail is lifeline of the country and lifeline should be smooth enough for its healthy surviving.
  • Anshuman Sethi
    Anshuman Sethi
    1. Every year thousands of people die on rail tracks while crossing or falling from the train to avoid this early warning system should be installed in every 100 meters where people are more likely to cross or where it's inhabited(slums near railway tracks).
    2. Every boggy should have a live seat availability monitor system so that we don't bribe the TTI for a seat.
    3. Instead of dumping toilet wastes on the rail tracks it should be stored and used a fertilizers/biogas.Same with bottles thrown by passengers can be recycled.
    4. Major train collision/accidents happen due to the negligence of railway employees Indian Rails should install high-tech automatic signaling systems,Centralized traffic controls.
    5. Security and proper customer service.
  • Anil Gavandhale
    Anil Gavandhale
    As an Indian we expect more from other. We have addiction that 'whatever the government property is not mine this ours'. If we could keep feeling that is mine then there is no need do to government.
    My purpose is to say this is ,that we use resources of railway care fully the maintenance cost will be reduce and that money can be used for new features .
    Improvement start from our side first then see the result .
    Finally according to me improvement is "railway is mine " not " our railway"
  • Sohel Thakor
    Sohel Thakor
    SATISH KUMAR VATS
    1. there are dust bins in every coach.
    2.so far none in the world has been able to find asolution to track ticketless travelers. This is humanly impossible.
    3.They keep announcing the arrival departures of trains ,however this is very good idea to post realtime position of train ,which incidentally is available on websites such as
    trains status,live trains running etc.
    Dear Sir,

1) I am sorry to say but i have not find dustbin inside the coach in which i have travelled. For Eg Demo, Memo train.
    2) We can use it with the help of Barcode sacaner system like in malls.
    3) The use of website is not feasible for everyone rather than actual status can be very helpful.
  • Vijendra singh
    Vijendra singh
    The railway department should improve their facilities in some point of view. Some of them are
    -When there is any competition exam, so many candidates have to travel from their hometown to destiny hence there should be extra coach on exam day and also before and after exams so that other passengers travel easily.
    -To save electricity there should be solar panel on roof of train.
    -To avoid the reuse of plastic Bisleri bottle one should know how to crash the bottle.
    -There should be strict rules against throwing wastage anywhere however people use to throw these things in running train so awareness is needed.
    -Honest TTE, they shouldn't be part of corruption.
    -Emergency services in each train.
    -Safety assurance by providing extra RPS men with working weapons .
    -WiFi should be provided in train if possible instead of station.
  • Kalpana Palani
    Kalpana Palani
    My idea is about the food which is provided for the passengers.it is better to have website or app for the food. So that the passengers can choose their food whatever they want and can know the price of food. Instead taking food order to each compartment it is better to order the food using this.
  • PRATIBHA SHINDE
    PRATIBHA SHINDE
    1. Dustbin should be provided in every coach.
    2. Automatic toilet cleaning.
    3. Sensor for detection of alcohol and smoke.
    4. There must be separate door for exist and entry in each coach. Sensor for entry doors such that they will be opened only after exit is done.
    5. power plug must be provided for side berth in 3A/2A/1A.
    6. Separate Ac temperature controlling point must be provided for each passenger.
    7. ticket without print is compulsory with barcode generation in mobile for ticket.
    8. CCTV camera for each coach for women safety.
    9. bathrooms must be provided for long route trains.
    10. Station name display system inside coaches along with next station. No need to look outside for station name.
    11. Solar panels for generating heat and solar system for every station must be there.
    12. Rain water collection system. Supply of this water at dry places.
    13. Automatic extra lights provided while train is travelling through tunnel.
    14. Time delay management system.
    15. Electric phone for Emergency contact must be provided in each coach.
    16. Heavy load transport trolley must be provided at stations for passengers.
    17. smart card for every local passenger. Ticket vending machines should be improved.
  • Soham Dange
    Soham Dange
    New systems that can be installed in any trains in India
    1. Cleaning bogey
    Add a cleaning bogey ( or dedicate a space for cleaning equipment). While the train stops for passing or set a frequency for cleaning, in which workers would go around the train consisting of vacuum cleaner, dustbin trolleys, etc and people would just throw their garbage frequently in dustbin only. Unload the garbage at specific station.
    Effects - more jobs, clean trains, not much training required, cost of after cleaning reduced
    Disadvantages- cost to be paid for workers and equipment.

2. Toilet locking system
    Computerized system should be installed such that toilets would be locked at or 10 min before the station comes which would result in clean station rail tracks.
    Difficulties- identification, that there is no one inside the toilet. Manual override required. costly.

3. Toilet waste storage
    As the above mentioned computerized locking system is complex and costly, there is easy way to ensure that the rail tracks at station are clean by just adding a waste storage tank to each toilet which is controlled by driver. Such that even if the toilet is used at station, the waste will get stored and can be released by driver after the trains has cleared up the station.
    Difficulties- control system for storage unloading is costly if it is to be easy to operate.
  • Atul Dureja
    Atul Dureja
    Big changes will take place someday but lets start with some small level changes first:
    • Automated toilets with self flushing system.
    • Notification screens should be installed in every coach to display important info like:
      • Food vendors list should be displayed for upcoming station.
      • Ordering of food from the upcoming station food vendors
      • Many a times, passengers don't know the next station info, so that should also be displayed with train's halt time
    • Modular racks should be installed in coaches so luggage of passengers can be arranged more efficiently.
    • WiFi facility is a good option
    • Drinking water facility should be available within the coach itself by installing some PureIt , Aquaguard or RO machine. I suggest one such equipment would be enough in every coach.
    • More number of electric sockets. Trust me, it is hectic to stand for hours to get your phone charged near washroom.
    • One security guard in every coach should be on duty as I myself have witnessed pick pocketing and stealing especially at night. And please, that security guard should not be sleeping during duty at night.
    I think these are small changes that can make travelling easier for passengers if adopted by Indian Railways.
  • Manish kant Prasad
    Manish kant Prasad
    Ankita Katdare
    Engineering community is all about sharing of new ideas. This year, the Indian Minister of Railways, Suresh Prabhu, in the Railway Budget 2016-17, announced plans to set up a dedicated, cross functional team called Special Unit for Transportation Research and Analytics (Sutra) for carrying internal and external innovation in the Indian Railways.

The team is now collecting ideas about how one can improve Indian Railways. It'd be great to note your thoughts on technological innovation in Indian Railways

CrazyEngineers Grand Giveaway - DO NOT MISS IT!4

The best entry in the replies below will win:

Rules of the Contest:
    2. Any entry having copied content from other websites or any other source will be deleted and disqualified.
    5. Decisions made by CrazyEngineers organising team will be final and abiding to all the giveaway participants.
  • Wasif Ahmed Shaikh
    Wasif Ahmed Shaikh
    There are so much to improve and there are so many good suggestion and idea already present but the idea which I suggest is that there should be a double Decker train system wholly in India (Specially train leaving north side i.e UP and Bihar from Mumbai side and vice versa) as there are millions of people travelling on a regular basis and we stand second in the world after China in world's population, and that population growing everyday. When I see people getting latthis from policemen just to go inside the train is disheartening. So it will very nice when we have more sitting arrangement that the actual number of people.
  • Ravindra nath
    Ravindra nath
    In general bogie there is no AC or cooler for summer time so passengers not enjoy their journey. My idea is if we set a fan on roof of each bogie and put some cooling thing(just like in cooler we fit some material which made from grass and irrigate water on grass) between roof and ceiling and then pass air through this which will come from fan. Same time we can generate electricity by placing turbine in place of fan. In each bogie two fans are sufficient then we need to cover material so water will not fall down and store coming water on a tanker then again use it by a pump. And to make bogie cool we need to cover all windows.

I hope this will save electricity and same time passengers will feel great while traveling in summer. I have design of this but I do not know how to do it practically with train.
  • Manish kant Prasad
    Manish kant Prasad
    Ankita Katdare

Rules of the Contest:
    I will talk about future of Indian Railways here ...
    What are the major Components of Railways ... ?
    1. Passengers
    2. Energy
    3. Cost
    4. Services and
    5. Infrastructures ( including Coaches & Stations )

In upcoming future, with integration of IOT ( Internet of things ) with Indian railways (hopefully) will generate huge amount of data and for that there will be a need of a separate division called "Big Railway Data". Government should look at Integration of computer science technologies with Railways which can improve control over issues related to all five components of Railways.
    Big data analysis will help government in taking calculative decisions over cost efficiency and providing appropriate services to the passengers. Since most part of the technology is going to be automated, there will be almost no need of providing more human resources for this technology. Data is amount of information you are gathering from a system. If Railways become smart, it can be easily integrated with other future and present tools to make it easy for passengers and officials to get connected to the most efficient lifeline of this country.
    How much energy is consumed by engines in both cases (diesel & electric locomotives) , Change in Percentage of passengers travelling during festive seasons, factors affecting cost of tickets and benefits to government, Which combination of engines suits best for a particular journey ( WAP 4,5,7 OR WDM/WDP Locos ) How many tube-lights or other appliances working in station premises are still working and needed to be replaces, data of IRCTC at stations and data of passengers travelling during their lifetime etc can be taken care of by future technologies which is not that far from us.
    In a County with a population over 1.25 billion, size matters a lot. If things like these will be integrated with Indian railways, huge amount of data will be extracted and there will be a need of separate department for that. Automation and AI will take care of running these technologies and there will be very less involvement of Officials. We have to do something like this to face upcoming challenges in " Hamari Rail " ( Our Railways ) ....

Thanks ^^
  • Khushb000 Mehta
    Khushb000 Mehta
    Ankita Katdare

Rules of the Contest:
    Instead of using electricity, Indian railway can go for solar panel. As a lot of research work is going in harvesting solar energy in different forms. InGaN solar cells, GaN solar cells, solar cells using nano particles like cadmium and others, CNT solar cells, are in research for better efficiency and power. Authorized R&D institute or company can design solar cells in such a way that it can be planted oven train to and titled towards west direction with reference to train route as well as rise and set of Sun.

One can also go for the mechanical energy conversion into electricity for charge points and lights in train. Mechanical energy is in train wheels.

And automatic thermal sensors can be fixed with each light in train when no one around it automatically get switched off, so no wastage of light.

Thanks

Regards

Khushbu
  • Manish kant Prasad
    Manish kant Prasad
    I will talk about future of Indian Railways here ...
    What are the major Components of Railways ... ?
    1. Passengers
    2. Energy
    3. Cost
    4. Services and
    5. Infrastructures ( including Coaches & Stations )

In upcoming future, with integration of IOT ( Internet of things ) with Indian railways (hopefully) will generate huge amount of data and for that there will be a need of a separate division called "Big Railway Data". Government should look at Integration of computer science technologies with Railways which can improve control over issues related to all five components of Railways.
    Big data analysis will help government in taking calculative decisions over cost efficiency and providing appropriate services to the passengers. Since most part of the technology is going to be automated, there will be almost no need of providing more human resources for this technology. Data is amount of information you are gathering from a system. If Railways become smart, it can be easily integrated with other future and present tools to make it easy for passengers and officials to get connected to the most efficient lifeline of this country. With Smart Railway, Government can determine,

• How much energy is consumed by engines during a journey and what improvement is needed to increase efficiency of locomotives in both cases (diesel & electric locomotives) ,
    • Change in Percentage of passengers travelling during festive seasons,
    • Factors affecting cost of tickets and benefits to government,
    • Which combination of engines suits best for a particular journey ( WAP 4,5,7 OR WDM/WDP Locos )
    • How many tube-lights, fans, tvs or other appliances working in station premises with any involvement of human resources to analyze that,
    • Data of IRCTC at stations and data of passengers travelling during their lifetime,
      so that Government can make appropriate plans on passenger travelling requirements.
    • Passenger needs, installation of Smart Appliances (like Smart Water Purifier, Fans, CCTV etc.) inside of the train coaches which can give proper details of usage and needs of Passengers.
    • Train maintenance measures. Data of the Train components working which can be used in quick and efficient maintenance of mechanical parts of the train. Smart Engines can tell which part of train is weakening and which part needs to be repaired.
    • Advanced automated Signalling system(AI+Automation, Signalling system is already automated and there is a need of improvement in decision makings in train schedule management which can be done via Train Data analysis. A particular train history where data will be of overall status of train delivery,
    • Face Recognition technology(AI), which can help in reducing TERRORIST ACTIVITIES and controlling without ticket travelling rates. Fines can be automatically generated for those who travel without ticket and data can be immediately sent to the Control room/system to provide an Alert in advance.
    • Centralized door locking system, which can reduce robbery and thefts done at nights.
    • Better Business Decisions, which can be taken using Data Science in Railways Technologies, Since data gives better scope of decision making on large scale.

In a County with a population over 1.25 billion, size matters a lot. If things like these will be integrated with Indian railways, huge amount of data will be extracted and there will be a need of separate department for that. Automation and AI will take care of running these technologies and there will be very less involvement of Officials. We have to do something like this to face upcoming challenges in " Hamari Rail " ( Our Railways ) ....

Thanks ^^
  • P S SANDHU
    P S SANDHU
    Best thing is to change the metallurgical roof into solar roof ...as it latest technology to get a free energy as we all know this is an era of electrical ...so with this in concise and compress way best way to enjoy our non-conventional resources.
  • SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    SREENIDHI THACHOLI
    Many of the lives have been destroyed by train accidents.If there is a facility to detect the presence of a living thing on the track through which the train passes then we could have saved many lives.Here time is overpowered by life.
  • Ankush1994
    Ankush1994
    When it comes to innovate the Indian railways, it means we should focus on the technology we are using and most important to substitute that one by a efficient one.
    So, basically at present a train is driven by diesel or by electricity.
    So the question is can we substitute these two by another fuel and if not, what innovation should we do so that we get more efficiency.
    For electrified train we cannot reduce the running cost of the train. But the extra consumption of the electricity can be reduced by following ways:-
    1. The idea of solar panels is not good as the cost and maintenance is much higher than the output, so the solar panels should be avoided.
    2. The wind panels are the good source of energy by fixing them in front of the train.
    We can fix them in the existing design or the best way will be to redesign the front portion or engine and pre fixing the panels to the engine to get the maximum output.
    By doing this we can utilise the energy produced to run the fans, Air conditioner and light up the tube lights.
    By doing this we can save energy which is very precious for the nation as well as to the world.
  • Navneet Das
    Navneet Das
    My ideas on technical innovation in Indian Railways:-

1) Anti Collision Device Network( Raksha Kavach) that is currently active in Konkan Railways should be implemented all over India. This system would effectively avoid 80% of all derailments( #-Link-Snipped-#).

2) Railway station masters have an electric panel, that shows them complete information about where the train is(real time) on the tracks. But this system is limited to only a few hundred metres across a railway station and not all the way through the railway lines. If this system is extended for the whole railway network in India, then real time tracking of all trains and railway lines is possible. Accidents such as Gyaneswari express derailment(Jnaneswari Express Train Derailment) could have been avoided because the discontinuity in railway line could have been detected earlier.

3) About waste management system: There should be a bin in each coupe i.e. for every 8 seats. This bin would open towards the exterior of the train, but will be closed. There would be a designated dumping yard, where the train will halt. Now this closed bin would open towards the outside (controllable by driver) preferably by a valve system. All the waste falls in the dump yard. The hatch of all bins will be closed again by the driver and the train starts rolling again. The waste can be managed by incineration or any other method.

These are my suggestions, and of course costly to implement but will go a long way in ensuring safety and cleanliness of Indian Railways.
  • Elango Raja
    Elango Raja
    Moving towards Clean and SMART INDIAN RAILWAYS.
    Indian railways comprising 7,112 stations and carried 8.101 billion passengers annually or more than 22 million passengers a day(According to IR Wiki page).
    let's come to the real scenario . Indian railway is working very hard to keep stations and train coaches clean.
    I Know
    ## It's hard to implement but not impossible.

Clean stations:
    # recycle (Green) machines which can give shoulders to take IR's burden by taking used plastic bottles and polythene bags which were used doubled in number comparing to passenger (in number), it was a huge amount (i leave it to you to calculate). these machines can take the empty water bottles and in return it will give the commuters credit points which can be used for redeeming in ticket booking , platform ticket, parking passes or local train ticket pass for one day or for station to station passes. It is possible by giving passengers a unique smart card.

#SMART CARDS (GREEN CARDS)
    IR Smart cards helps Indian railways saving billion tonnes of papers in the form of printed tickets in counter
    smart cards is unique (like Aadhaar) and can hold
    0. it helps identifying people coming through the gates to the platform.it will prevent anti-social activities inside the station premises.
    1.passenger info (replacement for other id cards).
    2. credit points for waiving/ redeeming. it can be topped up for paying platform tickets, wifi services like railwire or irctc canteens or foods provided by pantry cars. (like food court cards). maybe it will act as proxy for credit and debit cards vulnerable to thefts).
    2.1 It has the power to replace platform tickets completely. really trust me 😀
    3. different colors of cards which shows how a person contributed to clean railways .it will encourage and induced other users to engage themselves contributing.
    4. It will give exact numbers to the station authorities and railway police force in the form of statistics how many passengers are arriving to particular station at given time/day, which will give RPF, station waste management teams and stations authorities to deploy their teams in future (next/upcoming year) to help passengers have their safe and comfort journey.
    5.these Cards can also be issued for railway employees for administration purposes.
    6.cards can be linked to smart apps(will replace cards) in near future to help and provide ex-ordinary services to passengers.

# Inside the train: (Express trains)
    1. LED display of arriving station info for passengers to get ready before the train reaches station like in metro/MRTS.
    do not throw waste in out of windows in the form of stickers near every windows. it will reduce most throw-away waste and crushed coffee cups ( you read right 😀 ) directed towards into bins.
    2. Bins should be checked and collected at every junctions or two or 3 junctions.
    3. In long journey trains it can be done while changing loco, driver or water refilling(its the main issue) .
    note:
    these recycle machines should be placed in adequate numbers or one for 2 coaches (coach length is 23.54 m so machine should be erected like coach=recycler/bins=coach) one for every 50 to 80 m in platform.(movable machines/ bins).

finally,
    Use #IDTWT (I DIDN'T THROW WASTE TODAY) or #IUDT (i USED DUST BIN TODAY) TWITTER handle to make everyone aware of it. ha ha 😁 just for fun 😀
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Great ideas from fellow CEans.As for as technogical improvement in Railway s, we agree that there should be a complete digitalization of each amd every process.
    Here are my inputs:
    1)Though we had technological advancements in India in all fields we still use physical money for transactions im ticket counter in all stations.An additional counter for accepting Card payments to be made available for improving convinience to people.
    2) A lot of research has been going on for recycling or collection of human waste in trains and many researchers were trying hard to harness more power from human waste by making fuel out of human waste which can be used for powering lights ,AC's ,fans in Trains.If more power is possible it can be used to power biodiesel trains too.
    3)More emergency exists to be introduced in train compartments- As far as i had encountered , only one emergency exit is present in each compartment.
    THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE OUR THOUGHTS.
  • Neeraj Kumar Singh
    Neeraj Kumar Singh
    • According to first things is that we have to maintain the hygiene in the railway coaches so that we can maintain the highest and build in the railway coaches by using the composting toilet
    it not only increase hygiene in way but is also produce the energy
  • Krishnendu Manna
    Krishnendu Manna
    This year, the Indian railways minister Suresh Prabhu, in the Railway Budget 2016-17, announced plans to set up a dedicated, cross functional team called Special Unit for Transportation Research and Analytics (Sutra) for carrying internal and external innovation in the Indian Railways.
  • Nirav Bharatbhai Gurjar
    Nirav Bharatbhai Gurjar
    Ankita Katdare

Rules of the Contest:
  • Anshulika Kushwaha
    Anshulika Kushwaha
    hi,i think Indian railway track should be magnetic so that Probability of accident should be decrease and track will also be clean ..wheels should be repaced..by a hook so that train will slide by producing magnetic effect...i know this is expensive but it will be convenient for those who want to travel fast..because Probability of getting train down of track will be low and railway accident will be reduce ,solar panel on the roof of train..will reduces utilisation of electricity..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This machine Design Article may trigger some ideas: Marketing Your Invention on a Shoestring
Born and brought up in Mumbai, Neha Bagaria graduated from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania with majors in Finance, Marketing and MIS. She had always been a...
Indian Internet access and telecommunication house Reliance has recently given birth to the low-end Lyf F8 in the market. Having Flipkart as their exclusive delivery channel, the phone has already...
Can anybody provide me some technical information and usage of epicylic gear.
ZOPO, on Tuesday, launched ‘Color F2’ smartphone in India. The phone belongs to the ZOPO ’ Color’ series and is the latest variant in that category. It features decent hardware...