Technical Entrepreneurship: Starting Solar Lantern / LED Lighting Business

What would most suitable tech items for enterpreneurship. What is the budget required to start a solar lantren or LED lighting buisness.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ananyaja Debadipta
    What would most suitable tech items for enterpreneurship. What is the budget required to start a solar lantren or LED lighting buisness.
    Discussion moved to Entrepreneurship & Startups section. Your question isn't very clear. Are you planning to start a new business in the technical domain? It'd be really nice if you could elaborate your question a bit in more detail.
  • Ananyaja Debadipta
    Ananyaja Debadipta
    Dear Sir,

I want to start a technical small buisness. What is the budget required to start a solar lantren or LED lighting buisness. What are the other oppertunities for me to startup a technical enterpreneurship. I mean a buisness of 5-6 Lakhs.

Waiting for your reply.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you for your question, #-Link-Snipped-# . The budget will depend on the scale at which you are starting. I'd recommend developing a prototype of your product (solar lantern or LED lighting) and estimating the overall cost of manufacturing it in bulk.

Once you're sure of the cost of your product when bulk produced, you can figure out the markets in which there's demand for your product and the entire costs involved in delivering the product to your end customer (end user, corporate offices, shop keepers etc.). Once this is done, you should start having an idea of the margins you can have for the price at which you wish to sell the product. Your final price of the product should take care of all the expenses and leave you budget for marketing, research and development of the product, legal compliances, man power requirements et al.

Instead of fixing a budget before you start, I'd recommend determining the expenses involved in getting started. My top-of-the head guess is that you should be able to start it at a very small scale with a capital of about 3-4 lakh or even less than that. Why not manufacture only 100 units of your products first and test them in various markets?
  • Ananyaja Debadipta
    Ananyaja Debadipta
    What are other possible technical enterpreneurships within the budget of 5-6 Lakh?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Pollinate Energy is trying to promote young Indian Professionals in this very activity. You may contact them and see what is on offer.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Here are the products:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I have been evaluating their basic sunking eco light. It has consistently performed well above the declared specifications everyday for the past four months. Amazing performance.
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    You can get detailed information about manufacturing, budget required, raw materials required,RM vendors and product marketing also for starting a solar lantern manufacturing or many other business options by visiting NSIC in your city. You can visit there website by following.
    www.nsic.co.in/

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's been ~100+ days after Narendra Modi took over the big boss's role in India. The man's been at work and hasn't taken a day off. Just wanted to know...
Hi all, Technovanza 2014, India's leading Technical Festival, in association with Google Developers Group, Mumbai brings to you "Geeklist #hack4good" hackathon against climate change in Mumbai. "Geeklist #hack4good" is an...
OnePlus One is 'the next' phone launch in India everyone is waiting for. In an AMA (ask me anything) session company's executives confirmed that the pre-orders of OnePlus One in...
Google's all set to unveil low-budget Android phone(s) in India on September 15 powered by Android One. The price of these phones is likely to be between Rs. 6K -...
Today two CEan @mayurpathak and @Anoop Mathew celebrating their birthday. Wishing you guys have a rocking year ahead. Happy Birthday Day ! 🎉