Team wants to sell lab grown meat in five years

Quote:
The Dutch team who have grown the world's first burger in a lab say they hope to have a product on sale in five years.
Researchers are to set up a company to look at making the burger tastier and cheaper.
Endquote
Team wants to sell lab grown meat in five years - BBC News

Replies

• Joseph Christie
    Joseph Christie
    The BBC article does not say whether it is a "hamburger" ( beef patties) or a fish burger (using fillet of fish) or even a turkey or lamb or chicken burger for that matter.
    Wonder if these lab-grown hamburgers will be OK in India, since one does not have to slaughter a cow. Five years is not very far off and before we know it people will be standing in line to buy these synthetic? burgers
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Joseph Christie
    these synthetic
    Well they are not synthetic. However, grown from cells. They are not GM food though.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hii, i m Nikesh Kumar, i am from Punjab. I hav done my BTech. In Mechanical Engineering with overall 72%. I want to do MS from Germany, but unable to...
If you aren’t interested in the upcoming Reliance LYF range of 4G LTE smartphones you might want to check out the new Intex Cloud Swift smartphone that also offers 4G...
Wickedleak has unveiled their offering, the Wammy Titan 5 just in time for the festive season. Wickedleak has tried to make the Wammy Titan 5 as attractive as possible by...
Warranty, servicing by authorised experts and insurance were some of the prime concerns for OnePlus 2 phone buyers in India. The Chinese smartphone maker, which takes India as its one...
MY NAME IS MITESH KYMAR I AM FROM MECHANICAL BRANCH I AM A STUDENT OF 3RD YEAR FROM IIMT ENGG COLLEGE MY HOBBIE IS PLAYING FOOTBALL MY FRIEND TOLD ME...