TDS controller for Irrigation water

Hello all..
Asking all you guys, is any low cost technology available to control the TDS of irrigation water ?
Farmers going through many hurdles. One of then is salty water. Salty/ saline water affects on productivity and also on the health of land. But farmer has no any option to replace the available water source. Pls share your ideas and views.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Conventional irrigation is very wasteful of water. A lot of the water seeps down into earth or evaporates. Low cost options are few.
    If we can have an impervious layer under the soil at a depth where the roots of the plant (rice, wheat etc) do not reach, the seepage loss can be reduced. If this can be combined with some form of drip irrigation with active monitoring of soil moisture, losses can be reduced further. If the total water demand is reduced, then some form of water treatment can be considered. Even then the TDS is converted into some form of precipitate, which over time may pose disposal problems.
    In short, there is no simple solution.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Zentron labs is coming to our campus as 0 day company. but nothing much have been mentioned about the company like the pay structure and details about the test. Can...
Hello all.. Asking all you guys, is any low cost technology available to control the TDS of irrigation water ? Farmers going through many hurdles. One of then is salty...
I made a clock charge a cellphone it was very simple https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX34d7zC9SQ&feature=youtu.be no one else in the world can even think such a thing is possible to date I have...
Iam Nithya from psrr rengasamy college of engineering for women. we gone for internship to kerala cement factory which was fully automative and excellent outcomes of cement. we spend a...
Since internship was part of the curriculum i was in search of a good construction company since 4tllh semester and finally visited DREAM HOME BUILDERS company during 5th semester break.I...