TCS Reference ID Related Problems & Solutions

The TCS Reference ID or Number seems to be one of the top issues faced TCS NextStep portal users. We have been constantly receiving complaints about incorrect reference ID, lost reference number and the Reference ID itself not working on the TCS nextstep registration portal. I've created this specific discussion to address all such queries and help our fellow engineering graduates.

TCS mentions that your username on the portal itself is your CT/DT reference number. Fortunately, there is a dedicated helpline offered by TCS to solve all the queries. Please note following support email and phone: ilp.support@tcs.com and phone number 1800-209-3111. If you want to contact them, please call anytime between Monday to Friday : 8 AM - 8 PM. Please remember the email Id with which you registered on the portal, because that will be used to track your application.

Obviously, if you have forgotten your email ID, there is a little chance that TCS executive will be able to help you. Also note that anyone at CrazyEngineers cannot give you your lost reference ID / number. We can only point you to the right support page.

Ask your questions below.

Replies

• komal Valte
    komal Valte
    what is reference id?
  • Chanchal Garg
    Chanchal Garg
    I didnt get any response from this contact no ,wht to do now?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Chanchal Garg
    I didnt get any response from this contact no ,wht to do now?
    What problem exactly are you facing related to reference ID?
  • shanthi mathi
    shanthi mathi
    Sir/Madam,

MY brother's tcs account has been blocked due to incorrect password for 3 times. So, please help him to access his account.
    CT ID: CT20151495355
  • Sandesh N
    Sandesh N
    Sir My TCS account had been locked due to incorrect password attempts for 3 times.
    CT ID:CT20151728320
    So please help to access the account.
  • Ankush Soni
    Ankush Soni
    I have lost my CT no, how can I recover it ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I wish to know if you've tried contacting their official support yet? Even though we want to help you out, there's no way we can go beyond a point. I think most of the queries here can only be addressed by the TCS NextStep team members.

If anyone of the official member of the TCS Next Step team is reading this discussion, I'd request them to join in and offer some help. It looks like a lot of our student engineers are facing issues.

I'd also like to request those who know the answer to above legit questions to come forward and offer some help. Helping each other without expecting anything in return is the overall motto of CE Community 😀
  • harsh dubey
    harsh dubey
    whenever i enter submit application after all the declarations on the last page. It appears "some error occurred. please try again."
    Please help!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    harsh dubey
    whenever i enter submit application after all the declarations on the last page. It appears "some error occurred. please try again."
    Please help!
    Check the javascript console in your browser. That should tell you what the problem is.
  • Irin Mary Alexander
    Irin Mary Alexander
    Sir/Madam
    I have registered at the tcs nextstep portal last year and I have my DT no.When i try to access that it is asked to contact the customer support team.I need to apply for the off campus drive for 2017 passouts.Please help me with this
  • Shkajal
    Shkajal
    Sir I have registered for TCS off campus drive for 2017 batch on 13th january 2018, I also got the reference id that is in DT. My frnds got the mail regarding the off campus tst that is going to be held on 31st January 2018 and there reference id is with CT . But I do not get any kind of mail regarding the tst schedule, is it happening because of the reference id or what. Will you plzz help me because not much tym is left in the off campus tst.
  • Aby Augustine
    Aby Augustine
    sir,
    i have registered in NextStep portal and received DT reference id. At the same time, two of my friends received CT id. Now i cannot form a team with them for engiNX competition. How could i change my id to CT
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aby Augustine
    sir,
    i have registered in NextStep portal and received DT reference id. At the same time, two of my friends received CT id. Now i cannot form a team with them for engiNX competition. How could i change my id to CT
    Your best bet now is to contact the TCS NextStep officials and inform them about the issue. I doubt there's anything we can do. Apparently it's an error in their system.

That said, I wonder how could an established company could build a system with so many errors. We keep on receiving problems with TCS NextStep portal almost on daily basis. Hope team TCS is looking into the issue.
  • sandeep batchu
    sandeep batchu

sir,

i am registered in TCS next step in last year with DT number i have to change it to CT number please give instructions to change the DT to CT number.

• Niveditha H
    Niveditha H

sir/Madam

my reference id is CT20172176050

though i enter with the new passwords iam unable to unlock my account please help me with the solution

• nilesh vishjwakrma
    nilesh vishjwakrma

my refrence id is CT20161915688

though i enter with the new passwords iam unable to unlock my account please help me with the solution

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - Have you tried contacting the TCS official help? Also, are there any error messages you are getting? 

• Shwetha Shwetha
    Shwetha Shwetha

What is my CT number?

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Update. There seems to be lot of confusion about the CT and DT Id that TCS Campus Commune provides. All candidates, please be informed that these IDs should not really matter to the candidates. The CT Id refers to the college campus that TCS is recruiting candidates from and the DT Id refers to the off-campus drives that TCS conducts nationwide. 

It's not possible to change CT/DT Ids. If you need official help regarding your ID, your best bet is to contact the TCS officials and request for help. 

In most of the cases, it's advisable that you create a new account using entirely new email ID and contact details and then request TCS for deleting your old account. 

PS: I'm not sure if TCS actually allows doing this anymore. Can someone confirm? 

• pallavi am
    pallavi am

ref id -DT20184580927 

my account  has been locked. I am unable to open it. please resolve it as quickly as possible.

And I wrongly given my mail id for registration and please send hall ticket back to my mail id ampallavi0@gmail.com 

please help me out.And I hv informed to ilp.support also on Friday but I didn't get any response..

May be today or tomorrow I hv test I can't attend it without hall ticket please help me yeah please

• Ramyadevi Duraisamy
    Ramyadevi Duraisamy

I am eligible to attend the tcs ninja interview I want to download my application form my password is incorrect it shows 3more attempts so account is closed.How to unlock my account

• Ramyadevi Duraisamy
    Ramyadevi Duraisamy

if i am given the generated new password means it cannot be unlocked

• marem poojitha
    marem poojitha

sir ,my account is locked.so please send me the password

• marem poojitha
    marem poojitha

my account is locked and i forgot my security password.so what can i do now.sir please help me i have an interview in 5th october .

i am requesting you to tell me the solution for this problem.

• pallavi smile
    pallavi smile

Sir, From where do we get the reference id because i cant find mine . Thank you.

• Syed Afroz
    Syed Afroz

I didn't get any reference id after registration ...and know i am not abe to login using mail id and password and i didn't fill tcs employment application form also i want to attend this off campus drive plz help me ....

• Meghana Gowda
    Meghana Gowda

My Hall ticket is not getting downloaded after registration what to do??

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# To download your hall ticket for TCS, you need to go to this link - #-Link-Snipped-#

Login ID: DT/CT Reference ID

Password: You Date Of Birth (DDMMYYYY)

Only Short listed candidates who meet the TCS Eligibilitty criteria will receive hall tickets. Hall tickets will be sent out after the Last date of Registration for the Off Campus Drive.

Remember to check this -

In case you are having problems downloading the Hall Ticket, please check that you have “popup enabled” in your browser. Also check the “Download” folder of your computer for downloaded files. Please note that the downloaded file may be a “.zip” file and would need to be unzipped to access the pdf file of the Hall Ticket.

• Tamizh Maths
    Tamizh Maths

Sir/Mam..  

I registered for 2018 batch off campus drive...  I got message but I didn't get CT / DT reference ID..? What can I do sir?

• farzeen munawar
    farzeen munawar

My TCS is not delieverd to me and its three days late.. I dont have any tracking number or reference nmbr.. What should i do plzz guide me anyone.. I m worried... And people who have sent the tcs are not contacting now ?

• Shailesh Yawale
    Shailesh Yawale

Hello sir/mam, I forgot my password. And when i am trying to reset it its not working so please let me know what to do

• Meena Prasanna
    Meena Prasanna

Sir,I have lost my application form which was stated mandatory for interview for 2018 batch but I have application form of myself which I was filled in 2017 am I allowed to bring the application form of 2017 to the interview..plz kindly reply me.im worried

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Difficult to answer. I'm not sure which form got you the interview call. Typically, you should carry the form that you filled in order to apply for the interview. 

Does the form have any "ID" or unique identifier? 

If you've lost the form; just carry the form that you have. Explain the situation, if asked. 

• hariharan natarajan
    hariharan natarajan

Hello Sir/madam ,

This is HARIHARAN NATARAJAN with the reference id : CT20182529503 and email id:hariharan_natarajan@outlook.com. I'm writing this in concern to my NextStep portal account, My account got locked due to the 3 wrong attempts for password. When I try to click on forgot password, the provided password doesn't help me to login to the portal. Im getting a popup saying"Your account has been locked due to 3 incorrect login attempts. You will receive a mail with instructions to unlock your account." yet I didn't receive any email with such instructions but i receive  mails if i click and try forgot password. I request your help for unlocking my account.

Thanks and regards. Good day!

NAME : HARIHARAN NATARAJAN       

REFERENCE ID : CT20182529503

EMAIL ID : :hariharan_natarajan@outlook.com

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - you should post your request to TCS helpline. We aren't official support for TCS. 

Have you checked your bulk/spam folder? Hope that your problem gets solved soon.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Posting on behalf of #-Link-Snipped-# 

i typed my password 3 times incorrectly by mistake.i forget my security question answer  as well. so i don't know to retrieve my account. anyone give a suggestion.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There must be hordes of SciFi addicts here on CE. What is your take on this Hugo Award controversy? It is a loooooong blog. Read when there is time. https://www.wired.com/2015/08/won-science-fictions-hugo-awards-matters/?mbid=synd_moz_booksgen
I returned to India two days back. The plane had electrically controlled window glass, whose tint was adjusted to a deep blue green to induce sleep in the passengers. This...
A former colleague Dr.Sheila Ramasesha's effort on harneesing solar power for rail transport use (For non locomotion) figure in this article: https://www.theengineer.co.uk/blog/h...go-solar/1020974.article?cmpid=tenews_1537770
Microsoft has announced that it is discontinuing several Lumia Windows Phone apps such as Lumia Storyteller, Lumia Beamer, Photobeamer, and Lumia Refocus, Lumia Panorama and Video Uploader with immediate effect....
i want new idea for my M.E project in computer plz sugesst