TATA Technologies: Firsthand Campus Placement Experience!

TATA Tech is known to recruit mechanical students from various IITs, NITs & even some RECs from all over India for "Engineering and Design" along with "Product Lifecycle management". It was the first time ever that they visited our campus. So naturally we were all a bit tensed and wanted to do our best in order to get selected.

First Step: Aptitude Test
The aptitude test conducted was pretty average. You need not rack your brains a lot to clear this test. Regular practice will surely do the trick for you. You need to be a little thorough for the technical questions though.

Second step: Group Discussion
The students who cleared the Apti then marched off for the group discussion. The topic given were very general. For eg. Our topic was Quantity vs Quality. Our group was divided into two teams- Our team had to state the positives of Quantity while the other teams would be doing the same for Quality.
If you contribue even 3-4 ideas in the discussion, it's enough to guarantee that tou reach the final step-- the PI.

Third/Final step : Personal Interview
PI was divided in two parts- Technical and HR.
Technical interview was no piece of cake. I was unable to recollect definitions I had memorized during my Second year. I fumbled a lot when it came to engines.
But thanks to my hobbies. People, your hobbies make a lot of difference to how your interview proceeds. Thoughtfully write your hobbies. I cleared my technical round because of them. I had listed aero-modelling as one of my hobbies. TATA tech having a strong base in Aerospace industry, didn't miss that point. they asked me many things related to aero- modelling, which I accordingly answered. I could see that the interviewer was impressed.
The HR interview was just a formality, where the selected candidates were given employment form after some general round of questions.

That's all to it. Be it any company Engineers, all they check is your approach of answering and your practical knowledge of things.
So face your campus confidently people. May you all get placed in your dream companies. God Bless! ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Re: TATA Technologies: Firsthand Experience!

Thank you so much for sharing the experience. I am sure hundreds of mech engineers will be benefited.

What kind of aptitude test did you have? Was it the usual quantitative, LR sorts?
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh

Yup. The same kind CE conducts on Sundays.
    In 1st paper, we had 30 questions in all (which included Quanys, English, LR and DI)
    In 2nd paper, we had 30 technical questions. All multiple-choice. No theory was asked. Thankfully! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE

Can TATA tech come in all colleges? Or is the campus still on? ๐Ÿ˜€ Can we sit off campus now?
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh

This was the first time TATA Tech visited our campus. The best part was, they were recruiting only mechanical engineers.
    I don't know if students can sit off-campus. I'll ask them, and if I get to know anything I'll surely notify you! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gs131016
    gs131016

@Punch_a_Tantra
    how to make contact with their recruitment department? if possible please provide details...
    and for TECHNICAL part which all are the important topics ?
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh

gs131016
    @Punch_a_Tantra
    how to make contact with their recruitment department? if possible please provide details...
    and for TECHNICAL part which all are the important topics ?
    You'll have to ask your "Training and Placement" Officer to contact them. I won't be of much help here.

Regarding technical part-
    Thoroughly prepare all the laws covered in Thermodynamics as well as all kinds of turbines. If possible, memorize the Iron-Carbide diagram. Then get a basic idea about petrol and diesel engines. May be asked.
    True/False questions are tricky, there you can't "guess". The options are so close that you need to have total understanding of your subject.
    That's more than enough to clear your technical round.
    I hope to have covered all that you needed, but if I've left anything, feel free to ask more! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sonia91
    Sonia91
    Hey in our college Tata Technology is going 2 come in this week .
    I hv done inplant training at Goodyear in Marketing so can you pls tell me how questions will they ask in interview on this topic . I am an ENTC engineer .
  • Yash Karavat
    Yash Karavat
    Can I get the job description which is given to Fresher Mechanical Engineers...?
  • Yash Karavat
    Yash Karavat
    When did u got ur offer letter after placement...?
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Yash Karavat
    Can I get the job description which is given to Fresher Mechanical Engineers...?
    I cannot comment on the core mechanical job description since I'm in PLM (which incorporates mechanical as well as IT). My work profile requires me to co-ordinate with an automotive firm and maintain database of all the vehicle programs and designs (CATIA/NX).

Yash Karavat
    When did u got ur offer letter after placement...?
    We got our offer letter 5 months after the interview. Joining letter followed 8 months later. Hope this helps. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Yash Karavat
    Yash Karavat
    T
    Ambarish Ganesh
    I cannot comment on the core mechanical job description since I'm in PLM (which incorporates mechanical as well as IT). My work profile requires me to co-ordinate with an automotive firm and maintain database of all the vehicle programs and designs (CATIA/NX).

We got our offer letter 5 months after the interview. Joining letter followed 8 months later. Hope this helps. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Thanks. It was really hepful...
    Ambarish Ganesh

We got our offer letter 5 months after the interview. Joining letter followed 8 months later. Hope this helps. ๐Ÿ˜€[/QUOTE
  • Yash Karavat
    Yash Karavat
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Did u had to go any medical tests before joining? If yes then which tests and when?
  • Patil Dipti Jagannath
    Patil Dipti Jagannath
    #-Link-Snipped-# Hello, I am pursuing Mechanical Engineering from Govt. College of Engineering Aurangabad. Topics interested to me are Industrial Engineering ,Quality control and Purchase. TATA Technologies is coming by next month in our college campus for recruitment.For what subjects i should prepare for?
  • Paaras Jain
    Paaras Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    In next week Tata Tech. is going to come in our college. I am pursuing B.E. Mechanical. I have interest in programming (c,c++) too. will it help me for my technical interview...please reply as early as possible.......thanks
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Paaras Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    In next week Tata Tech. is going to come in our college. I am pursuing B.E. Mechanical. I have interest in programming (c,c++) too. will it help me for my technical interview...please reply as early as possible.......thanks
    It were mostly assorted questions for me - like one from all subjects (and I couldn't answer 2-3, out of 8 I guess). Mine was more centered towards my hobby and nothing else. ๐Ÿ˜€ All the best.
  • Paaras Jain
    Paaras Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks....
    As Tata Tech has PLM as one of their fields , so at time of technical interview 'to have interest in programming' will make a good impression or not....shall I add it in my hobbies or not......
    and on which subjects probably the technical aptitude test is based.....wheather it contains numericals or only conceptual ones.......
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Paaras Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks....
    As Tata Tech has PLM as one of their fields , so at time of technical interview 'to have interest in programming' will make a good impression or not....shall I add it in my hobbies or not......
    and on which subjects probably the technical aptitude test is based.....wheather it contains numericals or only conceptual ones.......
    Don't say 'interest in programming'. If you've done anything on similar lines then mention it, otherwise just keep mum about it. Programming is a part of PLM, but not a mandatory requirement.
  • NIKKI UBBEY
    NIKKI UBBEY
    Tata tech is coming tomorrow in our college.
    There is one thing I want to know, There are 4 branches eligible for this: EC,ME,IP,IT & CS. We are told that we'll be having our branch related questions in Technical. Is it so ?
    Or we'll be having C,C++ , Java and all ?
    I am very much confused with this.
    Please reply asap.
    And another thing, If we'll have branch related questions then it'll be theory or numerical ?
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    NIKKI UBBEY
    Tata tech is coming tomorrow in our college.
    There is one thing I want to know, There are 4 branches eligible for this: EC,ME,IP,IT & CS. We are told that we'll be having our branch related questions in Technical. Is it so ?
    Or we'll be having C,C++ , Java and all ?
    I am very much confused with this.
    Please reply asap.
    And another thing, If we'll have branch related questions then it'll be theory or numerical ?
    TTL in my college sought just mechanical engineers, and we were asked questions in this domain only. No C++, Java.
    For your other query, one can never really bracket what the interviewer(s) might ask. It's no issue if you don't know answer to any question, but if you don't, then admit that you don't and do not bluff. Chances of you getting numerical in an interview are less, but then again, one can only be so sure.
  • Preet Anand
    Preet Anand
    Hello Ambarish
    I am a Computer science student and have cleared my first round that is aptitude round in tata technologies and now after 4days il be sitting for the furthure rounds.
    Any specific thing or topic that i should prepare for the upcoming rounds that are GD, technical and hr interview ?
  • manish satpathy
    manish satpathy
    Hello we are having the onl9 test tmrw which vl b held by cocubes on behalf of tata tech so was this before or this year introduced with cocubes and for al l qt di lr and mech domain I have prctcd from indiabix so vl it b helpful
  • manish satpathy
    manish satpathy
    Hello we are having the online exam of tata tech tmrw held by cocube so was cocube b4 associated or it I from this year and I have complete qt lr di eng and mech domain from indiabix so is it helpful and sufficient for tata tech
  • Shubham srivastava
    Shubham srivastava
    I have given the tata technologies aptitude test today. How much time will they take to publish it's result
  • Shubham srivastava
    Shubham srivastava
    I have given the tata technologies aptitude test today. How much time will they take to publish it's result?
  • shrikant chitalkar
    shrikant chitalkar
    Hello everyone,
    Can u suggest me frequently asked gd topics for hiring in tata tech?
    It will be easier to prepare them.
    Thank you.
  • Thomas Ramsey
    Thomas Ramsey
    Tata Technologies is a great company to begin your career as you have the ability to work with multiple applications and industries.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Shrikant Chitalkar
    Hello everyone,
    Can u suggest me frequently asked gd topics for hiring in tata tech?
    It will be easier to prepare them.
    Thank you.
    We really need to overcome this attitude of asking and preparing for known problems. When you enter the professional life, the new problems generally won't give their description and date before appearing.

Why do you want to know the topics of gd? Is this some test to see how much you can mug up and tell when the time comes? Gd are there to see your convincing skills. You're supposed to be aware of what's going around you in the country and world. If you're aware of what's going around, then there's no need to know any topic as you'll have enough arguments of your own for any topic.

"Give man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you'll feed him forever."
  • shrikant chitalkar
    shrikant chitalkar
    [Prototype]
    We really need to overcome this attitude of asking and preparing for known problems. When you enter the professional life, the new problems generally won't give their description and date before appearing.

Why do you want to know the topics of gd? Is this some test to see how much you can mug up and tell when the time comes? Gd are there to see your convincing skills. You're supposed to be aware of what's going around you in the country and world. If you're aware of what's going around, then there's no need to know any topic as you'll have enough arguments of your own for any topic.

"Give man a fish and you'll feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you'll feed him forever."
    I apologise for asking such a question. I think you have misunderstood me. I just want to know the general topics which are mostly asked in the GD for all the career test so that i can hv a basic idea about what i am going to face forward and should be prior preparation for facing it. I once again apologise if i have spoke something undesirable.Hope you got what i mean to say.
    Thank you
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Shrikant Chitalkar
    I apologise for asking such a question. I think you have misunderstood me. I just want to know the general topics which are mostly asked in the GD for all the career test so that i can hv a basic idea about what i am going to face forward and should be prior preparation for facing it. I once again apologise if i have spoke something undesirable.Hope you got what i mean to say.
    Thank you
    To be honest, the GD topics are based on current affairs. About 3 years ago, the GD topic I faced was "Should Sachin Tendulkar retire from cricket". So just be aware of the current affairs. Especially now, there are lots of major things are going on. Kashmir issue, the verdict of south china sea etc. You see all these could be a great GD topic. Then again, it depends on how much the organizers itself are aware.
  • shrikant chitalkar
    shrikant chitalkar
    [Prototype]
    To be honest, the GD topics are based on current affairs. About 3 years ago, the GD topic I faced was "Should Sachin Tendulkar retire from cricket". So just be aware of the current affairs. Especially now, there are lots of major things are going on. Kashmir issue, the verdict of south china sea etc. You see all these could be a great GD topic. Then again, it depends on how much the organizers itself are aware.
    Thank you for your valuable reply. I would try to collect atleast basic info about the current topics emerged within these 2 years.
  • Chandan Gupta
    Chandan Gupta
    My interview experience at Tata Tech was somewhat similar, though I joined as an experienced professional and the interview had more to do with my work experience. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Vishal Dhiman
    Vishal Dhiman
    Hello,TATA tech visit our campus on 22 August this year.There was online test on that day.And now the result has been declared 241 students has been shortlisted.I want to know what will be the further process.Is there will be group discussion first or the interview direct ? Is TATA tech is mass recruiter company.They are offering 4.25 lakh per annum package.
  • kushik sandan
    kushik sandan
    I am placed in ttl.i just want to know how much time will they take to send me joining letter.
  • kushik sandan
    kushik sandan
    vishal dhiman
    Hello,TATA tech visit our campus on 22 August this year.There was online test on that day.And now the result has been declared 241 students has been shortlisted.I want to know what will be the further process.Is there will be group discussion first or the interview direct ? Is TATA tech is mass recruiter company.They are offering 4.25 lakh per annum package.
    u
    No its not a mass recruiter.but all i can say is that there will be fair results in the recruitment process of ttl.work hard with your technical skills.
  • Sasha Sharma
    Sasha Sharma
    i have been placed in TTL this October , i am from mechanical back ground and just want to know which CAD design software i should practice to fill in the time between joining, and also any idea when LOI will be intimated to us.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

WinSplit Revolution Many of us have 24-inch monitors, and the challenge is how to use all of that screen space effectively. With WinSplit Revolution, you can make sure every inch...
Please explain me the difference between the super key and unique key..!
Over hang construction
are the candidates allowed to use calculators in competitive examinations like GATE,IES,CAT and others.??
seems pre final yr students are not eligible to write gate 2012.. is it only for 2012 or for the comin years also???