TATA Nano GenX Easy Shift [Pictures] Getting Ready For May 2015 Launch

A lot of buzz got around as TATA initiated a campaign called # WeTheNanoGen as it was prepping to take the wraps off the latest variant of its people's car, now called, GenX TATA Nano. Though the car is set to be launched in May 2015 (2nd May being a probable date), the company has revealed its images via their social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter. The new facelift version of Nano is called the 2015 GenX Nano Easy Shift and it is slated to feature (AMT) Automated Manual Transmission. In the first version of Tata Nano, many consumers had lodged serious complaints against the car. However, in subsequent versions (Tata Nano CNG emax Price In India Is Rs 2.40 lakh. Specifications Listed, Booking Now Open and Tata Nano Twist XT Features Power Steering, Dazzles In Purple At Rs. 2.36 Lakh In India) the company did its best to feature improvements. With Nano GenX Easy Shift, the company hopes to remove all setbacks and is leading people to have high expectations from the small car.

GenX-Nano-Easy-Shift-India-Launch

It goes without saying that the Nano GenX will be the most affordable car in India featuring automatic transmission given the track record of the company sticking to its 'cheapest' label. The major highlights to look forward to are the cosmetic changes to the car and some modifications in specs. For instance, as you can see from the image below, the car comes with the bright Sangria red colour, ear-to-ear wide bumpers and a functional tail gate (a feature that's a relief because riders no more have to fold the backrest to load/remove the luggage, even though there's no mention of increase in boot space). We hear that 110 litres of luggage space has been promised.

tata-nano-GenX

Speculations suggest that the GenX Tata Nano variants will be XE, XM, XT (Manual) and XE, XT (Automatic). The Nano variants are said to offer a mileage of 21.9 kmpl and a significantly increased fuel tank capacity of 24 litres.

Some reports reveal that the Nano GenX AMT will get the same 624 cc MPFI petrol engine that delivers power of 37.5 bhp and a max torque of 51 Nm. Talks about the arrival of a 'creep function' are also making rounds. This function is said to be really helpful for those commuting daily in heavy traffic as it makes the vehicle crawl after releasing the brakes without the use of the accelerator.

The company has started taking booking for the next generation Tata Nano with a down payment of Rs. 5,000. The company has also introduced a scheme for existing Nano owners. Called 'Power of 1+1', this campaign lets you get the best exchange price for their cars in addition to a special loyalty bonus of Rs. 20,000. So as to increase it sales, Tata has also made tie up various financial institutions that will offer the best interest rates for those taking car loans.

That's all we know about the GenX Nano so far. We've heard that in addition to the bright red seen in the picture, the car will also be offered in white, gold, blue, purple, silver and red color options. We will update the topic to add more details as the launch becomes official. Till then, let us know your thoughts about the new Nano in comments below.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Any thoughts about the new GenX Nano folks?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Keeping up the promise makes me a TATA fan. They were always striving best to make a note and it seems they are meeting the targets.
  • Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Ankita Katdare
    Any thoughts about the new GenX Nano folks?
    I like it. In the Brownian motioned Bangalore traffic, an automatic small car would be a good option to go. Time to sell my standby car, Maruti 800.
  • san man
    san man
    There's a company called LiquidPiston (LiquidPiston | Reinventing the Rotary Engine) which has developed a new type of rotary engine which is much smaller and more lightweight, and can even run on diesel. Their X2 model can generate 37HP and is 75% lighter than comparable piston engine, with 50% efficiency improvement. I think that Tata or perhaps some after-market workshop should try to fit this kind of engine into a Nano, to achieve major performance gains. Rotary engines are much quieter, and also more reliable.
  • san man
    san man
    There's a company called LiquidPiston (LiquidPiston | Reinventing the Rotary Engine) which has developed a new type of rotary engine which is much smaller and more lightweight, and can even run on diesel. Their X2 model can generate 37HP and is 75% lighter than comparable piston engine, with 50% efficiency improvement. I think that Tata or perhaps some after-market workshop should try to fit this kind of engine into a Nano, to achieve major performance gains. Rotary engines are much quieter, and also more reliable.
  • msuresh444
    msuresh444
    This model of Nano is very funky and good looking. I checked this during the test drive of tata bolt! Looks really cool. But car sales should pick up.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Good Morning all, i know this website is for Engineers but its the most helpful website i have ever seen. I have completed my MCA in 2014 but didnt got...
can any one plz suggest me how to get onsite oppurtinities? m not working in any MNC`s Companies m working in statup company i have more than 1 year experience....
As the world still remains spellbound about the exciting new applications in the world of 3D Printing, here's an awesome innovation from University of Wollongong & ACES researchers that has...
Engineers at the Stanford University in California have designed tiny robots that can move stuff about 100x their own weight. These new tiny, yet super-powered robots will be showcased at...
Headquartered in Mumbai, the company iBall has a knack of naming its smartphones with the craziest titles. With a series of phones named Genius, Stallion, Baby Panther, Enigma, Frisbee, Ripple...