Tales of CEan-Punch_a_Tantra..

This is one of the Awesome interviews we had. This interview is taken in ONLINE(in chat). He answered all our questions in INSTANTπŸ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-#
actually named Ambarish Ganeshcurrently doing his final year of Mechanical Engineering from nagpur. He has contributed about 300+ valuable posts to CE and he is one of the VoiCE authors too πŸ˜€ He likes reading, Blogging, Aero-modelling. He made some amateur shortfilms/ documentaries. We were glad to have an interview with him. And now we are going to present his words here...

CE : How did you get introduced to CrazyEngineers (CE)?
Ambarish :
Through AKD. She used to discuss some awesome documentaries with a friend on twitter, and that's when I started following her. She used to keep tweeting the CE articles, and that's how I came to know about it.

CE : Why did you take up this particular engineering trade? What do you like the most about it?
Ambarish :
Like I said, as a kid I always dreamt of having my own amusement park. I had seen my uncle building a toy-like thing for his son to play with. I wanted to make toys like that too. So I asked him what he had studied. He replied that he had completed a course in Mechanical Engineering. So that Mechanical bug was already there, it just got bigger with time. The thing I love about mechanical is that you actually get to touch the things you study. Not like electronics, who keep studying about a particle which they can never see (electron). In mechanical you are dealing with all the daily objects like gear drives, cams, chains. If by chance your chain is not in working condition then you can just remove it from the system and use it to beat someone black and blue. That's the best part of Mechanical Course!

CE : Everyone used to dream to do something. And your dream is to? Ambarish : As a kid, I always dreamt of having my own amusement park. With some of my mechanical engineering skills, I hope to build a small park for my kid to play in! Within the courtyard, that is!

CE: Who are your idols or inspirations? And Why?
Ambarish :
)Anil Kumble : Never gave up, proved himself time and again, succeeded in the unconventional style, grand success.
2) Steven Spielberg : Creates something new, makes it an epic, keeps re-inventing himself! (I'm a huge DreamWorks fan!).
3)The_Big_K : Creates an Engineering forum. Within six years it's got nearly 2,00,000 members. Next big thing in the online Tech space.
4)Chetan Bhagat : Often scorned at for writing in simple English. National bestseller. Most loved author.
5)Prem Ganapathy : Ran a Dosa cart. Then open a chinese stall that bombed. Mixed Chinese + Dosa together. Now has the biggest Dosa franchisee in India.

CE : It is interesting to know that you have made amateur short films and documentaries. Can you share few of your works?
Ambarish :
The documentary work is just in a nascent stage. A short film is nearing completion. It's titled "Feedback"- has dark humor in it. Once completed, I'll share it on the CE forum with all others! Promise! My previous short film seems so childish after I watched some award winning ones, now I've increased my standard with "Feedback". Hopefully :

CE : What fascinated you towards Aeromodelling when there are lot of areas in Mechanical?
Ambarish :
I was a junior level NCC cadet(Air Wing). We had a workshop on planes once - how they work, how to make them, what determines their Center of Gravity- the whole workshop developed an interest in me to take up Aeromodelling in college level! We even won a few prizes at aeromodelling events organized by IIT-Powai and BITS Pilani- Goa campus!

CE : Why do you wanted to do MBA when your interest lies in Aeromodelling?
Ambarish :
I took up Aeromodelling just as a past time. I know how to manoeuvre a plane, that's all. There's this new field in management, called Brand Management. It's one of the fastest growing fields ever and selects only the best. I'm trying to find a place in these seats, hopefully this year!

CE : What is your passtime? Ambarish : Blogging, movies, Twitter and I read novels, love geometry, currently trying my skills with the rubik cube!

CE : Let us know how you have started the Journey of VoiCE Author and Hows going onΓ’€Β¦
Ambarish :
I started posting in VoiCE way back in April. It had been a slow-start, I was in the learning mode, still am, and the journey has been great. It's a great thing to flaunt in your resume for sure! (Personal Experience!). Now I make it a point to contribute atleast one article daily, if not more. No CE during exams! (Big big apologies for that!). Apart from that, it has been superb!

CE: What made you to start your blog? Ambarish : I started blogging about an year ago. Long back I had heard that Amitabh Bachchan an Aamir Khan had a blog, which they updated regularly. It seemed a very celebrity-only kind of thing back then. But when I visited IIT-Powai during my Second Year, the students there had some awesomest blogs ever. Their writing, their rants, everything so beautifully ornamented. That's when I knew that I had to have a blog of my own. Atleast it will replicate a diary that was enough. To read what I did now, years later, in my own words. That sounds fun, right!?

CE : Came to know that you are a very good story writer from your blog.Have you ever thought of publishing a book?
Ambairsh :
Yeah, I did sometimes. But then if you are writing a novel, you have to devsote a lot of time to it. The basic thing is "Original Idea". No use in telling the same story in some other way. At present, if you want your book/novel to sell, you got to bring out some creativity in the plot itself. Blogs are tad easy compared to novels.

CE : Why do most of the people(including you) choose to work in a branded company?
Ambarish :
Well every student wants a brand name attached to his name. The status in the society automatically increases. People in my society have quite different opinion of me now since TATA happened. Every father is ready to hand out his daughter to a well-doing employee. Saying this, I may also add that the smaller companies are doing great too. With so much of potential in them, they can turn out to be quite profitable in the long run. Ultimately it depends on the factors like family, willingness to travel, health conditions and most importantly the choice of the person!

CE : What's the toughest feedback you've ever received and how did you learn from it?
Ambarish :
There was this feedback once in college that I'm not being a team player. And it was true. I had signed in for something which I didn't find even remotely interesting. From then on, I make sure that I nod Yes for only those things which interest me, and not everything that can give me certificates!

CE : What changes you found in yourself before and after joining CE?
Ambarish :
Before joining CE, I was oblivious to all the wonders that Engineers have created. Not only "degree-holders" who call themselves Engineers, but common people who have designed something innovative and simple for the good of people. After CE, I now feel that the simplest of ideas can turn out into the next-big-thing, only and only if you believe in it. Plus the addition and constant up-gradation of my technological knowledge is next to AWESOME!

The CE Rapid fires :-

1. Why Punch_a_tantra?
Ambarish :
First I had a simple user-name: Ambarish Ganesh. That's it. But then I saw so many people having such cool names. So I simply put my Twitter handle as my CE-username. Panchatantra always has some morals to impart. So Punch_a_Tantra was created that could create puns having some morals( which they rarely do), but anyways.

2. What is the Funniest username on CE?
Ambarish :
Can't speak for the funniest, but there are some really cool names : The_Big_K, Reya, godfather, you_know_who, Sada, Eternalthinker, Issue, AbraKaDabra and also Punch_A_Tantra πŸ˜€
3. A moment you can never forget.
Ambarish :
This may as well be my biggest blooper till date. Well, this incident occurred during 10th standard. My English teacher turned career counselor for a day and was enquiring everyone about their future objectives. I was busy chit-chatting and was caught unawares when my turn came. She asked me the same question she asked others: Γ’€œwhat do you want to become when u grow up??Γ’€ I replied, Γ’€œI want to become a father.Γ’€ The laughter that followed later on was enough reason for me to bunk school the next day.

4. What makes you stand out from others?
Ambarish :
Well let's say that my ability to laugh on myself differentiates me from others. When it comes to puns, I make it a point that if I'm making fun of someone in front of others, I should take it in good spirit if that guy makes fun of me! I've made some very awesome friends with this approach!

5.What do you like most about yourself?
Ambarish :
That I'm quite approachable! I talk with anybody and everybody, no qualms in that.

6. What are the things which you donΓ’€™t like to do?
Ambarish :
I don't like giving Power Point Presentations, I don't like someone else telling me how I should be doing my work, I don't like people who burp after eating! Also, I don't like the MM/DD/YY format used by the Americans! It's so confusing!

7. How do you describe yourself? A Movie buff? A Genius? A Epicurean? A Prankster? A Maverick? Or A Bookworm?
Ambarish :
An epicurean movie buff, who transforms into a genius prankster once the movie finishes!

8. 5 years from now, you will Γ’€Β¦
Ambarish : ...
be still found on CE, no doubt and ..be hopefully working as a brand manager in some reputed firm, covering all the marketing and advertising aspects - the fun stuff! and would've also built my small amusement park(within the courtyard)!

9. Can you tell us about your first crush Pogo?
Ambarish :
She's the simplest girl that you can meet! With a very child-like face and voice, she can charm anyone and everyone! Brilliant when it comes to ideas, too silly when it comes to jokes!

10. If you were asked to choose a career option other than engineering what it would be?
Ambarish :
A Cartoonist! I'm a huge fan of the cartoon strips that daily appear in the newspapers! Such serious situations are imparted so humorously that they tend to linger in your memory for quite a long time, and also a smile always looks good on the face! πŸ˜€

Your Favorite Quote? - This one's from the movie Guardian: Eventually there comes a point in life when you'll want to give up. Question is... will you?
Most Active CEan - Issue
Most Energetic CEan Γ’€“ The_Big_K
Most Toughest CEan Γ’€“ Rupam Das
Most Friendly CEan Γ’€“ Everyone's equally friendly!
Most Studious CEan Γ’€“ Reya
Most Innovative CEan Γ’€“ Eternal Thinker, Durga! (I read their comics!)

Finally, What do you want to say about CE?
Ambarish :
Ok. Well, it has definitely pulled in more percentage than Facebook on my Γ’€˜being onlineΓ’€™ time. ItΓ’€™s the ultimate platform for engineers, any branch be it, to get all their questions answered. Books don't impart all the knowledge, wisdom does! From others' experiences, we can get ready-made wisdom here! All we have to do is Search!
CE-Forum is something to watch out for. I rarely contribute anything new to it, IΓ’€™m more of a passive member, but I do go through each post that creates interest as well as inspires us into doing something different. Every CE member is part of something great and I wish them all the good in life!

It was really great to give the answers in instant that too for our huge set of questions! All the Very best for your career, Ambarish! Proud to have you on CE

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    This like is for the answers by Ambarish. πŸ‘

@Reya: If you are reading this, you lost bet πŸ˜› Look at the awesome answers by Patty

@Sada: You should prepare some more interesting questions for the most interesting of the CEan Ambarish
    Nevertheless great interview Sada. A β˜• for you
    If you can, the title of thread should be TALESPIN πŸ˜›
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Mom read my interview. πŸ‘
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Thank You Issue! πŸ˜€
    Sada did have a lot of interesting questions. I thing she pitied me and gave me the simpler ones! πŸ˜›
    Anyways, I'm not complaining! πŸ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Punch_a_Tantra
    Mom reads my interview.
    Asks me : "What's the need to give interviews? You already got the job no?" πŸ˜› 😁
    Tell her you are famous. Famous people give interviews. She will be happy πŸ˜€
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Ambarish :Awesome answers!

*laughing* after reading the blooper!

@Sada: You should have included some puzzle questions too! Anyway great work dear πŸ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Ambarish: You are quick-witted! Awesome answers!
    I hereby confirm that you do make everyone laugh. 😁
    I hope you go long way with us here on CE.

Thanks Sada for all the efforts. I am already waiting for the next! :bighug:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE : Everyone used to dream to do something. And your dream is to? Ambarish : As a kid, I always dreamt of having my own amusement park. With some of my mechanical engineering skills, I hope to build a small park for my kid to play in! Within the courtyard, that is!
    Okay, we're going to need your expertise then: It's been my long standing dream to build world's most coolest and awesomest amusement park called "CE Theme Park" (we may come up with a better name). Good to see really 'crazy' engineers. πŸ˜€
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Thank you all! @The Big_K: We'll surely have a CE Theme Park. Sounds fun, could be the first of its kind in India! πŸ˜€
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    all the very best Ambrish..nice read through out the first question to last

great work sada πŸ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    "I don't like the MM/DD/YY format used by the Americans! It's so confusing"
    ditto. I hate it. and when the date is like 10 of september, i just dont get it !!
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Superb Interview Sada and Ambarish, Nice Title. πŸ˜€
    Issue
    This like is for the answers by Ambarish.

@Reya: If you are reading this, you lost bet Look at the awesome answers by Patty

@Sada: You should prepare some more interesting questions for the most interesting of the CEan Ambarish

Nevertheless great interview Sada. A β˜• for you
    If you can, the title of thread should be TALESPIN
    You can say Patty No:-2, As Raj Verma is also known with nick name Patty. πŸ˜‰ TALESPIN 😎
  • deepu11111111
    deepu11111111
    @sada Prepare some more interesting questions....
    and try with a different person
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    deepu11111111
    @sada Prepare some more interesting questions....
    and try with a different person
    be active on forum and i'm sure we're going to post your interview also. Keep posting and rocking.
  • Bionic
    Bionic
    punch_a_tantra that was cool, never knew you got much in your head.
    Keep it up boy...
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Enjoyed reading the interview. πŸ˜€
    Cool answers Punch_a_Tantra 😁
  • Bionic
    Bionic
    wish I would be interview like this someday.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Bionic
    wish I would be interview like this someday.
    You'll be interviewed. Just be active here and you'll be featured! πŸ˜€
  • Bionic
    Bionic
    The_Big_K
    You'll be interviewed. Just be active here and you'll be featured! πŸ˜€
    wow..... Really, then here we go....
  • Bionic
    Bionic
    durga
    ditto. I hate it. and when the date is like 10 of september, i just dont get it !!

yeah its sometimes confusing, I really understand your plight....
    All you need do is to get used to it ok?
  • Bionic
    Bionic
    durga

• Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    Bionic
    Ok! πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Nice Interview man πŸ˜€ and you want to build a park!!
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    English-Scared
    Nice Interview man πŸ˜€ and you want to build a park!!
    yes! a small one at least! but it shall definitely exist! πŸ˜€
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    UR amusement parkπŸ‘
    Need 22 tickets from my side.πŸ˜›
    nice interview ambarishπŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The 7th Question of the CE Grand Quiz Contest is as follows - A man 'P' has a son who is also his uncle. Known facts are: 1. P's son...
Time-lapse video of the construction of a 6-story phone in New York's Herald Square. The phone was built to celebrate the arrival of 4 new Windows Phones in the US...
Wireless Power Charger!
Let me explain you the scenario Consider this situaltion and put your thoughts on it let's say a barbor shop, next door is the grocery store and beside it is...
Hi, I am working on a project where I need to do some task if any field is updated on a jsp. One way could be take a hidden variable...