Syntel for fresher ?

How is career growth in Syntel in terms of knowledge gain, project work, learning and salary growth for fresh trainees? Also in first year Syntel is providing 2.9ctc so what can a fresher expect in 2nd year? And can anybody change his technology if he is not satisfied by given one ? Can I join Syntel without any fear ???

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gaurav994
    How is career growth in Syntel in terms of knowledge gain, project work, learning and salary growth for fresh trainees?
    Not sure what you wish to know by 'how is career growth'.

Salary hikes are dependent on overall industry performance and your own performance in the project allotted to you.

Gaurav994
    And can anybody change his technology if he is not satisfied by given one ?
    Depends upon several factors. You may not always get the technology you are comfortable with.

Gaurav994
    Can I join Syntel without any fear ?
    What are your fears? Could you please be more detailed with your questions?
  • Gaurav994
    Gaurav994
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What are your fears? Could you please be more detailed with your questions?
    I have seen many bad reviews about Syntel on many platforms but yes there are some good reviews too , being a fresher I'm afraid overall joining Syntel is a good decision or not .?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gaurav994
    I have seen many bad reviews about Syntel on many platforms but yes there are some good reviews too
    You did not mention what other options you have available to you; if you do not join Syntel. This would be a big part of your decision making. As you'd understand, there is no company out there with 100% positive reviews.
  • Gaurav994
    Gaurav994
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You did not mention what other options you have available to you
    Sir I have another offer from Accenture and niit-tech, problem is niit-tech is giving main frame technology (I don't wanna work on this any how) and accenture's joining will be in January (no information about domain from HR) .. And syntel's joining is in December 1st week and domain will be either java or .net .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I really wish we could have all that information in your first post itself. Have you tried contacting your seniors placed in Accenture to find out what kind of domains were they offered? Is there a huge difference between the packages and overall offerings (non-monetary) offered by Accenture and Syntel?

Has Syntel committed that they'll either put you in Java / .Net technology? Are you comfortable with these? Your career growth and job satisfaction will be a direct result of the domain in which you get to work in - if it's of your interest, you will do well.

Frankly speaking, it makes little different as to which company you begin with and at what salary package you start your career. It looks to me that there's total unclarity with the domain you will end up working on and you've not mentioned which technology or domain you wish to work on.

With very limited information, it's really difficult to make a suggestion or offer an advice.
  • Gaurav994
    Gaurav994
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you tried contacting your seniors placed in Accenture to find out what kind of domains were they offered?
    Yes sir I asked them .. They have told me that domain allocation is random in Accenture and if you are unsatisfied with your domain , their are less chances of reallocating of domain.
  • Gaurav994
    Gaurav994
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is there a huge difference between the packages
    In Accenture salary is 3.15lpa and Syntel 2.9lpa , in hand per month in Accenture is 24k in Syntel 20k.
  • Gaurav994
    Gaurav994
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Has Syntel committed that they'll either put you in Java / .Net technology? Are you comfortable with these?
    Yes sir they have confirm it and yes I'm comfortable with java or .net. Although there 2 was my first preference and also my seniors who are working with Syntel right now, have told me that if you are unsatisfied with you domain , you can request HR to change it .. And HR will defenately give you some other options .
  • Gaurav994
    Gaurav994
    One another thing , one of my senior said that Accenture is huge company that's why your work will not be notice their but Syntel is smaller than Accenture so people will notice your work,,, and after 18 months their are more chances of going to onsite in Syntel for freshers rather than Accenture and it will increase resume value and domain knowledge .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gaurav994
    Yes sir they have confirm it and yes I'm comfortable with java or .net. Although there 2 was my first preference and also my seniors who are working with Syntel right now, have told me that if you are unsatisfied with you domain , you can request HR to change it .. And HR will defenately give you some other options .
    That pretty much tells me that Syntel should be your top choice.

Gaurav994
    One another thing , one of my senior said that Accenture is huge company that's why your work will not be notice their but Syntel is smaller than Accenture so people will notice your work,,, and after 18 months their are more chances of going to onsite in Syntel for freshers rather than Accenture and it will increase resume value and domain knowledge .
    Both Accenture and Syntel are big companies. Ultimately, in any big company your work will be noticed firstly by your team leaders and managers - and that's got NOTHING to do with the size of the company you are looking for. Of course, the story changes if you are working for a startup company with team size < 50.

Go with Syntel. Work you ass off to become an expert in the domain that you pick up and don't worry about paycheck. You will do exceptionally great if you love what you do.
  • Gaurav994
    Gaurav994
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Go with Syntel. Work you ass off to become an expert in the domain that you pick up and don't worry about paycheck. You will do exceptionally great if you love what you do.
    Than you very much sir for advice 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am working on my BTP project using Android technology. The project is "VIDEO TO MP3 CONVERTER" I am facing some problems regarding media conversion such as "Converting Mp4 into...
Team of scientists at ETH Zurich, led by Prof. Raffaele Mezzenga of food and soft materials, has succeeded in developing the lightest form of gold ever produced. About a 1000x...
Founded by the ex-CEO of Pepsi-Cola and Apple, Obi Worldphone unveiled a smartphone in the markets of Asia, Africa and Middle East. In India, along with a partnership with the...
hello everyone I wanted to know that is configuring of switch for trunk interface and 802.1Q can be done with one catalyst 3750 switch or it need two switches? please...
Please suggest some useful books to learn the concepts of circuit theorem,digital electronics,electronic devices, networking and problems to work out..