Switching from .Net To QA or BA Role

Hi There,
I have been in the industry for 6+ years as a .net developer. Somehow I always wanted change my career as I am not a programmer by heart. I have hardly enjoyed programming but due to company switches and all I survived.
I have interest in QA and BA lines and I am exploring more on QA and BA roles as I have worked in those areas for 6-8 months earlier but my concern is why a company would give me job with such a minimal exp and then the bigger concern is pay. Will I be paid good enough as per my exp which is 6.5 yrs now.

Replies

• Deepa22
    Deepa22
    Please suggest
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Deepa22
    Please suggest
    It is no doubt while switching from Developer profile to a testing one, the skills you gained will be very much useful. Salary will not be an issue though you do not have your complete experience in testing, that what I strongly believe. But one point I should say is - Applying for a developer profile and for testing profile after 6+ years of exp, you should expect, you can get desired pay for developer profile. But if you want your desired pay in testing, you will have to make recruiter believe that, you are no lesser than a 6+ years tester and they are not going to regret once they hire you. Showcase and sell your developer skills and testing skills so that they would say a Yes! ๐Ÿ˜€ Moreover, as you said, you have interest in testing, I am sure you are going to fill the competency gap between you and your testing profile. You may face question related to "Why to switch", and you should a strong reason to do so. "Developers job is hectic but testers has the more responsibility as they have the final say.."

Let me know if anyone finds scope of improvement in my thoughts!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Deepa22
    concern is why a company would give me job with such a minimal exp and then the bigger concern is pay. Will I be paid good enough as per my exp which is 6.5 yrs now.
    Have you applied for any positions that offer the role you desire? Worry about the things that you can control.
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you applied for any positions that offer the role you desire? Worry about the things that you can control.
    Exactly! The problem picture would be clear if someone faces a profile change interview and highlights the issue.
  • Deepa22
    Deepa22
    Thanks a lot for the replies,I m planning to apply ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Koushal Patel
    Koushal Patel
    Deepa22
    Thanks a lot for the replies,I m planning to apply ๐Ÿ˜€
    Good Luck! God Bless! ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract Whenever a hot fluid, like steam flows through a pipe from the place of generation to the point of use , there will be...
I am currently in the 3 rd year BE..planning to change to Computer Science in MS..I have a lot of questions and am confused..1)What kind of jobs does one get...
Fluid vs gases. I find it interesting that engineers think in absolutes. Now I understand why and support your reasoning of legality. You must conform to societies laws and established...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT CONVEYOR SYSTEMS: INTRODUCTION AND IMPACT: Conveyor systems are mainly used for transporting the product from one place to other place within an confined space...
Project Abstract / Summary : If someone opens shutters of the shops or the gates of cars than the air sensor will become active and the sensor will be connected...