Swatch Touch Zero One: A Smartwatch For Beach Volleyball Players & Fans

Noticing the imminent competition from Apple Watch: Features, Variants and Price Details Here in the premium watch market, Swiss watchmaker Swatch has announced its first smartwatch, the Swatch Touch Zero One. While smartwatches from consumer electronics manufacturers like Samsung Galaxy Gear Smartwatch Leaked - Looks Like A Mini-Phone., LG Announces G Watch R In The Run Up To IFA 2014 or Sony Unveils SmartWatch 3 & SmartBand Talk At IFA 2014 are meant for everyone, Swatch has created the Touch Zero One for players and fans of beach volleyball. Swatch has remained incredibly stingy regarding the details in the #-Link-Snipped-# and has teased the features of the smartwatch instead of divulging its technical specifications. The Swatch Touch Zero One is the successor of the company’s previous fitness concerned watch, the Swatch Touch. The Swatch Touch Zero One has a curved touchscreen display with a built-in backlight. The smartwatch allows you to access timing functions with finger-tap and side-swipe gestures.

Swatch Touch Zero One (1)
Swatch Touch Zero One (3) Swatch Touch Zero One (2)

The most flaunted feature of the Swatch Touch Zero One is its ‘Beach Volley’ functions. The smartwatch measures a player’s steps and the force with which you hit the ball. Fans of the game will be able to keep a track how many times they have clapped for their favourite team. This feature seems entirely pointless. The reason we and Swatch say it’s a smartwatch is because unlike the Swatch Touch, this one comes with it has its own smartphone app. #-Link-Snipped-# speculates that app will be available for Android and iOS smartphone users. The app is expected not just to show the number of times you have hit the ball but also the power and type of hit. On the app, the player will be able to see if he has executed an attack hit, low hit, high hit or a high five. The force exerted on the hit will be calculated on a scale of 0 to 100 and rated on the scale of amateur to professional.

Swatch Touch Zero One (4)

Swatch has not mentioned how the smartwatch communicates with the smartphone app although Bluetooth seems like an obvious choice. Unlike other smartwatches which are powered by lithium-ion batteries and need to be charged with micro-USB cables or wireless charging cradles, the Swatch Touch Zero One is powered by a standard Swatch battery. The Swiss watchmaker claims that the battery can last for months at a time. While we are unclear of a launch date, the watch is expected to be priced around $159.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Now with the growing population and pressure the life more and faster, people are facing with health problems. As accidents are increasing it is necessary...
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract: Wing conservation is a very important and popular subject given today’s concerns for the environment and operating cost economies in the aviation industry.In air...
Project Abstract / Summary : my project is superier to other.im a civil engineer so i make my project better & i will try to best my project for any...
Project Abstract / Summary : In this project Bluetooth module will be interfaced to PIC18 micro controller. This Bluetooth receives the commands from the Android application device using wireless communication....
Project Abstract / Summary : Crime Record Bureau project abstract helps in understanding over view of the project with module description, advantages of this system, existing and proposed system differences,...