Summer Training For Civil Engineering Student

sir i m in btech second year civil engineering... i want to go for summer training or internship in the month of june or so...
i request everones help because i m too young to help my self for sucha big ccause
...plz help me out...๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Re: summer trainng

Hi Vikas,

Chill. Summer training is not such a big cause. Anyway, this is not the first time that a second year student has requested our help in locating a suitable training or internship. Its good that you guys are taking interest in the studies and have a zeal of learning (because in my engineering days, I never had)

Anyway, being a civil engineer, I can tell you that what ever you have learnt till second year of your engineering is not sufficient to work as a design engineer. You really need to know your basics completely to work. Having said that, civil is also a kind of profession where theory doesn't make much of a difference, unless you go into structural design.

So I advise you to put your first step in Civil world as a site supervisor. You will learn a lot. Try out a small time contractor or a builder. Where are you based by the way?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vikas_cusat2005
    sir i m in btech second year civil engineering... i want to go for summer training or internship in the month of june or so...
    i request everones help because i m too young to help my self for sucha big ccause
    ...plz help me out...๐Ÿ˜
    We have couple of threads which talk about summer training. Please search for the keywords "summer training" and you will get the list of all the threads related to summer training. Maybe, you will find some good advice there.

In the meantime, make sure that you go through this -

CrazyEngineers

-The Big K-
    PS:
    Thread to be moved to 'General Help' section.
  • david
    david
    hey am a civil engineer student lebanese and and i like to do a summer training in september 2007 if any one can help me to find a summer trainig anywhere in the world
  • prabhat_verma
    prabhat_verma
    hello!!
    i m 2nd year ece student n want to have sumer training in june month hardcore related to communication side(specially in signal processing n similar to this)
    plz help me!!!!!

• shobhit.goel
    shobhit.goel
    hiiii i m a civil student & just completed my 2nd year....firstly i was thinking of summer training but now i think learning software like staad pro would me much greater idea along with site supervision ...i live in lucknow up. can u tell me any institute or firm (in north india) which would help me with learning staad pro....
    it would be a great help.....plz consider...
  • gurpreet09
    gurpreet09
    sir i m second year student of civil engineering,i want to do summer training in the month of june,now i m confused that in which company or where should i go for training...
    And whats the procedure to apply for training in the companies......
    please help me i will be highly thankful to you
  • ahmad.211
    ahmad.211
    sir,
    Iam Ahmad. Iam doing my third year in civil engineering.
    I want to do my summer training from IIT's or any other good construction companies in Delhi. I will b doing my training in june so i dont hav much time left for applying in the companies so plss replly fast...plzz help me....
    Plzz tell me the correct procedure for applying.
    I will b very thankfull.
  • manoj_camp
    manoj_camp
    hello
    im a third year civil engineering student in chennai..
    i need to go for an internship.. i dont where to apply and how to apply.. can u recommend me some companies names...please guide me...
  • nikhil.banthiya
    nikhil.banthiya
    Sir/Madam
    Im a 3rd year student, pursuing B.E.(Hons.) in Civil Engineering, from BITS-Pilani.

Following courses have been successfully completed by me:-
    1. Mechanics Of Solids
    2. Analysis Of Structures
    3. Transportation Phenomena I and II
    4. Design Of Steel Structures
    5. Soil Mechanics & Foundation Engineering
    6. Hydraulics & Fluid Management
    7. Geodesy(Surveying)
    Im profecient with all the Surveying Equipments, Soil Tests and Hydraulic Apparatuses.

Looking for an internship opportunity during the months of May/June/July in my rhetorical areas in any organization, preferably in Delhi/NCR.

Regards,
    Nikhil Banthiya
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • dazzling
    dazzling
    Everybody welcome to CE,

Its good that everybody is conscious about your future and studies. I am in final yr and till now we dint had any summer training or internship. bye the way i've done AUTOCAD classes from nearby institutes. similarly it'll be good for you all to concentrate on your basics first and try to learn some softwares like Auto CAD. STAAD.pro will be helpful in third or final year.because you'll have the structural design subjects from third yr.going to contractor and working as a site engineer will not work until you dont know the basics of civil engg. or any engineer is not with you to teach you the procedure. anyway .best of luck.
  • nikhil.banthiya
    nikhil.banthiya
    Hey!

@ dazzling - if u come across any company/organization offering internships/summer trainings/competitions, then please let us know about it.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hey nikhil.banthiya
    welcome to CE...๐Ÿ˜€

as for the internships...i am also trying to apply for an internship in my summer vacation(in the 2010).but i can tell you what i heard from seniors...

There are no specific companies or organisations that offer internships.try approaching the company with the request of applying for internships.try for the smaller companies as you get to learn more in there.

all the best..๐Ÿ‘
  • nikhil.banthiya
    nikhil.banthiya
    Hey civilprincess!
    Thank you for the information.
    Drop a line if you get hold of anything new.
    All the best! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    sure will inform the total procedure and process as i come to know of it...๐Ÿ‘
  • nikhil.banthiya
    nikhil.banthiya
    Staad Pro Enquiry

Hey CE's !
    Im trying my hand at Staad Pro s/w.
    Ive got Staad Pro 2007 on my system.
    But i cant find any tutorial/courseware for it online (for free).
    Can someone please help me with it.

If anyone has any tutorial/courseware/usermanual, then please mail it to me or reply here.

Awaiting a response from Addicts and Apprentices..
  • sam_3990
    sam_3990
    can anyone please guide me how to go about summer training in and around delhi..??i'm in dire need of training..i'm a civil engineer.
  • sreenivas1990
    sreenivas1990
    hello
    Im studying in 6th semester B.E. in civil engineering.I am looking for internship opportunities during the period July-august 2010.I request you to kindly help me with some information with this.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    sam_3990
    can anyone please guide me how to go about summer training in and around delhi..??i'm in dire need of training..i'm a civil engineer.
    sreenivas1990
    hello
    Im studying in 6th semester B.E. in civil engineering.I am looking for internship opportunities during the period July-august 2010.I request you to kindly help me with some information with this.
    Hello sam and sreenivas.
    welcome to CE.
    your queries have been answered in the previous posts.
    check it out.
    all the best
  • sam_3990
    sam_3990
    i'm a second year student and i'm eagerly trying for a summer training in civil not just for the certificate but seriously for learning skills..can someone please help me...plzzz plzzz plzzz๐Ÿ˜’
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hey sam,

it is not a herculean task for getting a internship for summer training... so dont panic.๐Ÿ˜Ž

There are no specific companies or organisations that offer internships.try approaching the company with the request of applying for internships.try for the smaller companies as you get to learn more in there.๐Ÿ˜

as far as i know the procedure for applying for the summer internships is:
    1.try contacting engineers or organisations and ask them if they provide summer internship.
    2.then ask them what all forms would they need.i think they would only ask for a bona fide certificate from the college stating that you are a student of that university/college and are interested in summer training with that organisation.
    3.just hand these to the respected authorities in the company and wait for the day they have asked you to join them.

I have told what i have known. ๐Ÿ˜

all the best..๐Ÿ‘
  • hamedulirshad
    hamedulirshad
    Re: summer trainng

mayurpathak
    Hi Vikas,

Chill. Summer training is not such a big cause. Anyway, this is not the first time that a second year student has requested our help in locating a suitable training or internship. Its good that you guys are taking interest in the studies and have a zeal of learning (because in my engineering days, I never had)

Anyway, being a civil engineer, I can tell you that what ever you have learnt till second year of your engineering is not sufficient to work as a design engineer. You really need to know your basics completely to work. Having said that, civil is also a kind of profession where theory doesn't make much of a difference, unless you go into structural design.

So I advise you to put your first step in Civil world as a site supervisor. You will learn a lot. Try out a small time contractor or a builder. Where are you based by the way?
    Dear Sir,

I've worked as a site supervisor for an year and as a Planning Engineer by the next year. now i'm continuing my engineering studies and i'm in my third year now. As a part of my curriculum i've undergo technical training in any companies. Can i have the detailed list of those companies offering inplant training for civil engineers.

Thanks and regards,

Hamedul Irshad H M
  • shakil786
    shakil786
    my self md shakil ansari ,iam a student of btech 2nd year(WBUT),sir i want to go for summer training ,so you help me..............
  • Samrat Dutta
    Samrat Dutta
    i am pursuing BE. 3rd year civil engg. i want doing training in construction company without any payment
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Samrat Dutta
    i am pursuing BE. 3rd year civil engg. i want doing training in construction company without any payment
    yeah there is no need for any payment.. just approach some HR of a construction company ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Samrat Dutta
    Samrat Dutta
    my self samrat dutta ,i am a student of btech 3rd year(WBUT),sir i want to go for summer training ,so you help me,,please..............
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Samrat Dutta
    my self samrat dutta ,i am a student of btech 3rd year(WBUT),sir i want to go for summer training ,so you help me,,please..............
    it is not a herculean task for getting a internship for summer training... so dont panic.๐Ÿ˜Ž

There are no specific companies or organisations that offer internships.try approaching the company with the request of applying for internships.try for the smaller companies as you get to learn more in there.๐Ÿ˜

as far as i know the procedure for applying for the summer internships is:
    1.try contacting engineers or organisations and ask them if they provide summer internship.
    2.then ask them what all forms would they need.i think they would only ask for a bona fide certificate from the college stating that you are a student of that university/college and are interested in summer training with that organisation.
    3.just hand these to the respected authorities in the company and wait for the day they have asked you to join them.

I have told what i have known. ๐Ÿ˜

all the best..๐Ÿ‘
  • BittuSureshKumar
    BittuSureshKumar
    sir,
    myself Bittu Suresh kumar pursuing B,tech 2nd yr from civil branch and i'm so crazy to have summer training.so, please let me know if any one of you people have an idea about the same..............
    thankingyou sir.
  • sam_3990
    sam_3990
    Hello guys. To all who are searching for internships. its quite an easy task, provided you put in your effort.. I have done 2 internships during my 3rd year. Probably I would have done 1 in my 2nd year but never got the guidance then. This is how you may search:

1. Search for companies online. (big or small doesnt really matter)..
    2. If possible try calling them first, talk to HR and tell them EXACTLY why you want to do the internship.
    Try getting their email id to send your cv. (contact may be useful for future purposes).
    3. Make a nice profile on LinkedIN. Search for HR professionals of the companies. You will get their contact there.
    4. Try sending your CVs to as many companies as possible. and try overseas as well.( I sent to approx 300 companies...indian + abroad..got reply from many but mostly negative. but still you can make an acquaintance with such companies.
    5. In second year best is go for site work...look out for wherever construction is going on. Straight away go to site supervisor and tell them about your college whereabouts. The least they may require is a college approval certificate which I am sure you'll get..
    6. For design its only best that you apply in 3rd yr.
    7. Some companies which you may follow for internship

Simplex Infrastructure
    Ahluwalia Constructions
    SMCC
    Scott wilson
    Reinforced Earth India
    Shapoorji.
    CES
    these are all i can remember for now.

there are many companies like this.

* an advice please do this whole process yourself and never depend on anyone to gather you an intenship. Because the process of securing an internship is an experience in itself. ALL THE BEST.
  • Ketika
    Ketika
    Hey im ketika.
    A first year civil student.
    I want to know which all courses can i do during my breaks whichwill be helpful for my course.
    Any softwares that i should learn?
  • sam_3990
    sam_3990
    In 1st year, try to get in touch with professors and ask them for some project work. This well help you identify your subject of interest and getting a hold of its knowledge. Start with some basic and elementary topics and especially if involving some practical work. Practical is always useful and better if its application based. Its always preferable and an advantage if you could do some project works under your teachers. Start with this and you'll know where to head afterwards.

Hope this helps.. any queries feel free!! RISE AND SHINE
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Lots of great information here for civil engineering students who are looking for internships this year.

Here are some companies whose websites you can scan for info on a new opportunity -
    1. Nagarjuna Construction Company
    2. Hindustan Construction Company
    3. Gammon India Ltd
    4. Larsen & Toubro
    5. DLF
    6. PAM
    7. PATNI
    8. Tata Projects
    9. SIEMENS
    10. ONGC
    11. HPCL
    12. AMAZON
    13. Sobha Developers Ltd
    14. Jindal Construction Group
    15. Thermal Power Plant
    16. KCC Buildcon Pvt. Ltd
    I searched on some portals to find if there is any data on the smaller companies offering internships, but it's strange that electronics/IT/mechanical all have ample opportunities, while info on civil engineers is not listed.

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# if he can shed some light on some information that students can use to bag internships this summer.
    If we have any civil engineers online, please respond.
  • sam_3990
    sam_3990
    Hey Friends. Glad to be back here. I'll continue from where I left before.(Thank god I found the thread!).
    Search the websites of these few companies - CH2m, Scott Wilson, LERA, Lahmeyer, . These companies have a link for applying for internships.
    *Apply internships here.
    *Search relevant people(field you are interested in pursuing- str, RCC, geotech, design/site work) working in these companies and try to get CV across the HR through these people. Will help you establish connections with the industry people and this might and in fact will help in your later stages after passing out. (did happen with me).
    *In addition to online always go to 1 on 1 conversation. Identify your interest area and put this across HR you speak with/ contact via mail so that your message gets loud & clear across about your objective.

For those worried about softwares. An advice NEVER go for courses outside. waste of money and time. Autocad no need to learn because as a civil engineer you dont require its knowledge there are draughtsmen who do the job and still if you require you'll get to learn while on the job. its easy.

As for STAAD. its IMPORTANT and widely used. use GOOGLE & YOUTUBE to approach your objectives. Understand why the software is used and try to achieve those targets through problems that you are doing in structure,RCC etc., while studying in college. Always associate your theoretical problems with practical life as to where a particular problem might be applied. For Example - a portal frame can be for flyovers/bridges, underground tunnels etc. A retaining wall can for hill stabilization or the abutment(reinforced earth walls) in flyovers. Try to Imagine your problems in 3D and try to figure out every possibility that can happen. START ASAP as & when core subjects like RCC, Structures, Geotech start(mostly in 3rd year i suppose) because you'll get plenty of time to master the software(YES YOU CAN MASTER IT, ALL IT NEEDS IS A LITTLE EFFORT). For starters search for worked examples and tutorials easily available on youtube. Rather than pdf tutorials, youtube animation will help in understanding easily and faster. GO AHEAD AND MAKE YOUR OWN WAY. THERE ARE PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITIES IF YOU ARE EAGER ENOUGH.

I'm sure you'll have a pretty nice looking CV than everyone else by the time you graduate.

Finally at any point or phase, feel free to contact me. Connect with me on linkedin - SAMBHAV PODDAR.
    #-Link-Snipped-#.

ALL THE BEST.!!
  • Taj109
    Taj109
    Hi,I am a 2nd year Civil Engineering Student and want help in regard of training coz i have no one to guide me through it.I want to do summer training this coming month near Chandigarh or Delhi.Please help me out

If anyone got some information then please mail me at #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sam_3990
    sam_3990
    Hi there. good to see that young engineers are coming forward with enough zeal to learn their trade. I take that you are probably about to complete your 2nd year. Know that very few companies (or none at all) would take trainees at such level as yours. Still i would suggest if you think(read believe) you do have sound knowledge of the field and want some designing work, approach companies. Or the best plan of action is search for construction sites and approach them. They readily accept people who want to learn. Site knowledge would be beneficial for you in your later stages when you go into hardcore design profile. And for your future efforts, do try and apply overseas well before in time(say start applying from september to get an internship opportunity in June/July). There are companies abroad which do take students. So go ahead. Work hard and smart. Follow your gut instincts. All the best for your internship search.
  • Taj109
    Taj109
    Thanks sam_3990 but what exactly we do at construction site?
    Do they want us to do survey or something like that?
  • sam_3990
    sam_3990
    Taj109
    Thanks sam_3990 but what exactly we do at construction site?
    Do they want us to do survey or something like that?
    Hi Taj109. On the site, you'll be asked to study the drawings and at best to report the daily activities that are being performed like concrete tests, their results, whether the site execution was done as per drawings. And yes quantity estimation.
  • Mukesh kumar kashyap
    Mukesh kumar kashyap
    Sir,my self mukesh kumar.i am civil engg. student currently in 3rd year. sir i want to do internship in good construction company.but i don't know the procedure. sir please can u tell me that how can i do the internship in good company.
  • Mukesh kumar kashyap
    Mukesh kumar kashyap
    Hi,I am a 3rd year Civil Engineering Student and want help in regard of training coz i have no one to guide me through it.I want to do summer training in Delhi.Please help me out

If anyone got some information then please mail me at #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here are some of the companies and institutes that offer summer training for civil engineering students in Delhi.

CMC Academy, Chandigarh
    Danish Constructions, New Delhi,
    Fankaar Interiors Pvt. Ltd., Delhi,
    Sieghart Engineers And Steel Detailers Pvt. Ltd.,
    The Grid, New Delhi,
    Genesis Techno Build, New Delhi,
    Raj Construction Company,
    Virender Khanna & Associates, New Delhi
  • KHURSHID AALAM
    KHURSHID AALAM
    Hi sir,
    I am a student of b.tech 3rd year in civil & i want to do training in summer vacation.
    so please help me........
    I will be requested to you sir.
    Thank you
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    KHURSHID AALAM
    Hi sir,
    I am a student of b.tech 3rd year in civil & i want to do training in summer vacation.
    so please help me........
    I will be requested to you sir.
    Thank you
    #-Link-Snipped-# There are different ways to look for summer training for civil engineering students. One way is to shortlist the names of all the companies in your area that are into the civil engineering related business. Next step is to prepare a CV that will highlight all your skills & tools knowledge.
    Other than that, you have to be prepared to focus on the subjects that you want to learn. So, that you can narrow down your search for Google. only search for that subject's training programs in that area.

Here are a few examples:
    CivilSimplified conducts training programs on following 3 topics in 8 different cities.
    • Structural and Foundation Analysis
    • Construction Project Management
    • Survey Camp using Total Station & GIS
    Check: Civil Engineering Winter Training Program 2019-2020

Summer internship at IIT Guwahati
    Check: Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Guwahati

List of companies that offer Summer Internships for civil engineering students are:
    1. Nagarjuna Construction Company
    2. Jindal Construction Group
    3. Thermal Power Plant
    4. Hindustan Construction Company
    5. Tata Projects
    6. SIEMENS
    7. ONGC
    8. HPCL
    9. Gammon India Ltd
    10. Larsen & Toubro
    11. DLF
    12. PAM
    13. PATNI
    14. AMAZON
    15. Sobha Developers Ltd
    16. KCC Buildcon Pvt. Ltd
    You may ask any more questions you have about applying to summer training programs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i keeps getting scraps in orkut about various javascripts !!!!!!!! now i have the topic javascripts in my engg course but can't figure out how these are working ...can anyone...
when web sites prompt us for some information can we enter assembly level codes in tht ???wht would be the consequences ????
good morning sir, i am deepti and am pursuing my B.techin IT from I.P university. i have a keen interest in programming and wish to develop a software and earn...
im unable to upload my own avatar .... a gif file under 100x100 pix ... if it aint allowed i would make this as a request to u to please...
well 2 shocking things: 1. afaik vb came with quick reply mod coded into it unlike phpbb2 2. how come non of u thought of having it ๐Ÿ˜•