Summer training and certified courses

hello s
i am pursuing my b.tech. in computer science 4rt sem.
as we all know dat lakhs of engineers are in market every year, n d economy is down too. so i hav some queries.
i think dat at dis time i must decide dat wat i shud do in my summer vacations.
i hav few options but i dont hav enough knowledge dat wat shud b done at d correct time!!!

1. shud i do a summer training(like NIH or equivalent to IITs) at an institute or at some MNC??

2. what role does certified courses play than a normal course when i go for a job interview??

3. wat is d minimum requirement of no. of languages dat an engineer shud know b4 he lands into d market 4 job?? how good is .net and in which areas are they used??

4. i hav knowledge in C,C++ & JAVA, but d courses dat i did were not certified.
so shud i go for courses again dat cn giv me certificates (like NIIT's or CETPA)

5. are d courses at CETPA useful?? for ex. advanced C.

i know dat i hav a long list of queries bt still i need an immediate response for them.
thank you.
seeking some effective solutions from all you intellectuals. :smile:

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Pls do nt rite lyk dis bcoz our rul sayz we dn't alow SMS txt. gt it?

Back to business. Let me answer try to answer your queries:

1. shud i do a summer training(like NIH or equivalent to IITs) at an institute or at some MNC??

Answer: Depends. I'd say training with an institute would be better than with an MNC. MNCs won't expose you to real learning (that's my humble opinion).

2. what role does certified courses play than a normal course when i go for a job interview??

Answer: Certified courses may give you an edge over others when the resumes are being shortlisted. However, in any interivew what matters is how much you know. Certificates don't play a damn role. Instead, if the interviewer is 'good', (s)he may pull your leg. I've seen this happening in a tech interview I was a part of. (I was on the interviewing side of the table)

3. wat is d minimum requirement of no. of languages dat an engineer shud know b4 he lands into d market 4 job?? how good is .net and in which areas are they used??

Answer: What a question! Makes me wonder what computer science studends learn in classrooms. Anyway. All you should know is how to think and use logic. A computer language ultimately is a set of predefined keywords that help you in instructing the computer. .Net & Java have their own advantages and disadvantages. There are plenty of sites that discuss these.

4. i hav knowledge in C,C++ & JAVA, but d courses dat i did were not certified.
    so shud i go for courses again dat cn giv me certificates (like NIIT's or CETPA)

Answer: Your computer science degree will be enough. If you already know C,C++, JAVA, directly appear for the certification exams. No need to attend the classes for the sake of attending classes. You'll save lot of money. Trust me, try to imagine and work on a project on your own. That will give you more knowledge of the subject than any damn certification in the world.

To answer your question: Go for the certification in the area of your interest. As a computer science student, you should know if you like Java, .Net, Networking or whatever.

5. are d courses at CETPA useful?? for ex. advanced C.

Answer: What is CETPA?

[Thread moved to general help section]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Yay! 😎 Thats the big news of the day on CE. I have been chatting with Durga now for the past hour trying to figure out how this happened. But...
hi Fish here!!
Name: Rakesh Gavali Engineering Trade: Mechanical Location: India, Pune. Occupation: Student: completed B.E. Mechanical from SVERI's college of Engg. from Pandharpur in 2007. Now in the 4th semester of Master's...
Hi Guys, I would like to about different ways of controlling a stepper motor. I know it can be done using microcontrollers, but is there any other way. I saw...
hey guys, i m betch ec 3rd year student in dehradun.i want to know where should i do my summer training this year.also i m confused abt mt career ie...