Suggest project topics for a 2nd year IT student

Actually we have been told to do a project for our software engineering subject and for that ,we have to think of some system for example: online admission system ,library system but i fear that these topics would have been already taken by others😐 and moreover i want to do something innovative(no embedded applications please)that would help me learn more.....Just cannot think of such a system in a day as we have to submit our topics tomorrow.😔..Need help..
PS: knowledge of c++,c,java(learning)😕

Replies

• Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    After a lot of search on ce I have comeup with the following topics :
    cloud based mobile data auto-backup system.
    timetable generator
    online auction system
    car rental sytem
    INTRANET chatting system

[And one of my idea:to develop a website for my course that would contain all the updates regarding it including softwares,resources,events,schedules,etc...
    Just thinking whether it would be an appropriate idea for project of SE...]

and that too we need to submit only the paper work this sem.
    (implementation is optional)
    So which one would be a better choice.....
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    I think online auction system is best option Bcos it can be implemented in ur final year by spending good effort. I have one paperwork which based on online spices management u can take reference must be helpful. If u need I can mail u.......
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Why software engineering projects are just stucked to client and DB fetch projects in C/java?
    You can better work on HTML5/CSS3 and jQuery things. You said you can go with a website.
    You can develop a dynamic website using above tools and using ajax.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    U can work on Issue of Learning Licence (DL) to the users.based on c/c++.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think @#-Link-Snipped-# has come up with good choice of topics. I however agree with @#-Link-Snipped-# that it's better to go with HTML, JS, PHP or Ruby and work out something for the web.

But for C, C++ and Java - I think a contacts backup & restore system would be an interesting project to do. The software would fetch all the contacts from mobile and store them on the cloud (maybe Amazon) and then restore everything with a click of a button.

Chatting systems are always welcome; but they've been overdone by now. If you can figure out a way to enable it for mobiles as well; that'd be an added advantage.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Ajay Pandey
    I think online auction system is best option Bcos it can be implemented in ur final year by spending good effort. I have one paperwork which based on online spices management u can take reference must be helpful. If u need I can mail u.......
    I guess ready made or rather SPOON FEEDING may not be a good option as I said I want to improvise myself,you could offer me your help instead of pre-prepared paper work...What say/
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Thank you all of you for your suggestions ,now i have got 1 more day extra for deciding on a topic..👍
    Yes contact backup and restore system is a good (and a really needed😒) option but is it already implemented and would it be valid for all platforms.

And @#-Link-Snipped-# we have another assingment based on web.
    So was this idea in support of my 2nd option that is course updates and now i think to incorporate it within my own college website or create a new one.And wouldn't python be a better option rather than HTML, JS, PHP or Ruby .

So I have 2 things to work on within a month...😯☕
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    Shailaja Tiwari
    I guess ready made or rather SPOON FEEDING may not be a good option as I said I want to improvise myself,you could offer me your help instead of pre-prepared paper work...What say/
    Really i am so sorry. Just I have suggested u to refer document not copy it .I think, To refer anything is not spoon-feeding . I think In IT industry
    most of us refer others coding, ideas to clear basics, for better understanding .
    wn i was in my 4th sem, project was compulsory .I was dumb about how to develop a project bcos i was new in java and was not much interested. I approached my java teacher and told whole story. First he suggested me to manage project from outside. But i denied and requested him for help. He given me one project that was in swing(part of core java) technology. I referred that project to develop my project that was totally different. and finally after hard working day and night i developed a small project with very good concept and got 99% marks on my practical project by referring other project. What i got from that project was project understanding, how to use concepts, some design pattern and many things.
    i was telling this because how i was benefited by referring that project . Everyday i am referring a list of websites like "How to do in java","javarevisited".... for better understanding. Perhaps I am not extraordinary like u so I am referring others. By the way I respect ur attitude. Stay hungry is good for creativity….i hope u must continue….😀
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Ajay Pandey
    Really i am so sorry. Just I have suggested u to refer document not copy it .I think, To refer anything is not spoon-feeding . I think In IT industry
    most of us refer others coding, ideas to clear basics, for better understanding .
    wn i was in my 4th sem, project was compulsory .I was dumb about how to develop a project bcos i was new in java and was not much interested. I approached my java teacher and told whole story. First he suggested me to manage project from outside. But i denied and requested him for help. He given me one project that was in swing(part of core java) technology. I referred that project to develop my project that was totally different. and finally after hard working day and night i developed a small project with very good concept and got 99% marks on my practical project by referring other project. What i got from that project was project understanding, how to use concepts, some design pattern and many things.
    i was telling this because how i was benefited by referring that project . Everyday i am referring a list of websites like "How to do in java","javarevisited".... for better understanding. Perhaps I am not extraordinary like u so I am referring others. By the way I respect ur attitude. Stay hungry is good for creativity….i hope u must continue….😀
    continue ....what.....

I don't think that denying to take a ready made work should let other's perceive you as extraordinary shivam...

Well this is my example:
    I never knew how to write a program in c++...and if i would have copied someone's program I would have never been able ot develop my own logic.....

What all i want to tell is first one must give a honest try to initiate a new thing ...If not succeeded then refer for some help....
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    well I'm curious to know what was the project that you'd worked on...and which sem-4 ;of mca or bca
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    Shailaja Tiwari
    continue ....what.....

I don't think that denying to take a ready made work should let other's perceive you as extraordinary shivam...

Well this is my example:
    I never knew how to write a program in c++...and if i would have copied someone's program I would have never been able ot develop my own logic.....

What all i want to tell is first one must give a honest try to initiate a new thing ...If not succeeded then refer for some help....
    ok
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Ajay Pandey
    ok
    what ok.....reply reply reply for my 2nd query....you know i have difficulty in typing question mark ....so don't get irritated on seeing this many successive dots ;fine.....
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    Shailaja Tiwari
    well I'm curious to know what was the project that you'd worked on...and which sem-4 ;of mca or bca
    I done mca after BSC(Math,Physics) not bca.................My project in 4th was employee management system......in 5th sem on-line photograph action.....😀
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    Shailaja Tiwari
    what ok.....reply reply reply for my 2nd query....you know i have difficulty in typing question mark ....so don't get irritated on seeing this many successive dots ;fine.....
    😀
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Ajay Pandey
    I done mca after BSC(Math,Physics) not bca.................My project in 4th was employee management system......in 5th sem on-line photograph action.....😀
    in bsc you'd done a project on ems;
    Well even i was thinking on this system but it had a modification as work time management system of employees......
    And for such a simple system you needed a copy....
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    Shailaja Tiwari
    Well even i was thinking on this system but it had a modification as work time management system of employees......
    And for such a simple system you needed a copy....[/quote

i have done both project in MCA .In bsc i have done one very funny project. which was not worked in front of examiner. It was, how to use sunlight in remote sensing 😀.
    yes, i needed a copy bcos i am not extraordinary as u. I suggest u at beginning level always choose a very simple project, bcos definitely u complete it properly with clear concepts.
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    Shailaja Tiwari
    And for such a simple system you needed a copy....
    i have done both project in MCA .In bsc i have done one very funny project. which was not worked in front of examiner. It was, how to use sunlight in remote sensing based on electronics which was my fav subject 😀.
    yes, i needed a copy bcos i am not extraordinary as u. I suggest u at beginning level always choose a very simple project, bcos definitely u complete it properly with clear concepts.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    @#-Link-Snipped-# what do you mean by EXTRAORDINARY....I just don't understand what problem do you have with me.....I just asked you out of my curiousity.Before speaking anything just remember what u r speaking ,with whom u r speaking and where ....Got it.
    And one more request if you have any recommendations for my query then they are most welcome.
    I suggest u at beginning level always choose a very simple project, bcos definitely u complete it properly with clear concepts.
    Thank you :i have noted this point.😀👍
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    Shailaja Tiwari
    @#-Link-Snipped-# what do you mean by EXTRAORDINARY....I just don't understand what problem do you have with me.....I just asked you out of my curiousity.Before speaking anything just remember what u r speaking ,with whom u r speaking and where ....Got it.
    And one more request if you have any recommendations for my query then they are most welcome.

Thank you :i have noted this point.😀👍
    @#-Link-Snipped-# kindly check ur gmail inbox.
  • SKYDEL
    SKYDEL
    Ajay Pandey
    Hello please i need a project topics in information technology as my final year project
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    SKYDEL
    Hello please i need a project topics in information technology as my final year project
    write ur Email-id, i will send u one case study with proper documentation .........
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ajay Pandey
    write ur Email-id, i will send u one case study with proper documentation .........
    You could simply upload it to our Downloads section.
  • SKYDEL
    SKYDEL
    Ajay Pandey
    my email is #-Link-Snipped-#
  • SKYDEL
    SKYDEL
    Ajay Pandey
    my email is (please it should be a document that is not online or somebody else is using) THANKS VERY MUCH
  • Ajay Pandey
    Ajay Pandey
    SKYDEL
    my email is #-Link-Snipped-#
    check ur mail for project document and ppt.............
  • SKYDEL
    SKYDEL
    Ajay Pandey
    check ur mail for project document and ppt.............
    i very much appreciate what u have send to me ,but the problem i am facing is, my school have so many project work relating to management systems last semester. so they want us to do something relating to computer networking, network security, intelligence systems etc but not management systems.
    And they want to see what u have develop working and the detailed explanation of the codes behind the software or application.l ( i will very much appreciate it, if u can get something like that with the application) THANK U
  • Piyush-Mittal
    Piyush-Mittal
    Ajay Pandey
    plz mail me at #-Link-Snipped-#
  • chiu
    chiu
    plz send me simple project of c++
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    chiu
    plz send me simple project of c++
    Just search for 'C++ Projects Source Code' and you will get plenty of projects.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

TrueCaller, a global phone directory app for smartphones and feature phones, in its move to expand user base in India, has announced a tie up with Twitter, the popular social...
How do you like the idea of protecting your beloved smartphone from all accidental drops with the help of airbags? Well, this one comes from Honda - the Japanese expert...
Sony India has confirmed that the official PS4 launch in India will happen on 18 December. Sony has sent out media invites for the launch of the next generation console....
Sony has introduced a new USB Flash Drive that is a 2-in-1 device with micro USB and USB 2.0 connectors bundled into one. And it will connect to your Android...
Hi CEans, I am here to ask an help to know “how to save my digital art/photography/etc?" We know that many of us use blogs or FB or twitter to...