Suggest me how to prepare for gate exam

I am a 3rd yr student.i like to prepare for gate 2015 to get into public sector unit..but I didn't touch anything preparation for gate...solidly I have 1 year..i am an average student in my class...friends suggest me how to start prepare for gate..

Replies

• gbit
    gbit
    If your target is PSU jobs, then go for their examination syllabus, this will make your study more specific and targeted. If your goal is to enter IIT and other national institute for M Tech then prepare thoroughly for Gate.
  • Arp
    Arp
    To get into the Public sector, its important to get into Top 100-200 around in the GATE Exam. Being an average student, I would suggest you to either take a coaching or take their study material. This will help a lot as GATE syllabus is very vast and to prepare it you need to be specific first on your study material and proper guidance then proceed further.

I am telling this from my experience of clearing the GATE Exam. 😀
  • soni.sapan
    soni.sapan
    Arp
    To get into the Public sector, its important to get into Top 100-200 around in the GATE Exam. Being an average student, I would suggest you to either take a coaching or take their study material. This will help a lot as GATE syllabus is very vast and to prepare it you need to be specific first on your study material and proper guidance then proceed further.

I am telling this from my experience of clearing the GATE Exam. 😀
    How did you prepare for each subject? especially maths? Maths syllabus is very lengthy & even they ask for almost 15 marks.
  • Sanam Khan
    Sanam Khan
    Calm down, relax and write your exam equipped with the knowledge that you have developed over the past several months. Do not panic when you find something that you don't know. Write down the answers to what you do know and then go back to the questions that you might be unsure of.

"Three to four months of rigorous preparation should be enough for the 2014 GATE Exam," says Ritesh Raushan, cofounder of the Gate Academy, a well known coaching institute for GATE. "Get good books that will help you learn the basic concepts easily. Once your basics are absolutely clear, make sure you get enough practise on solving question papers. Don't forget to time yourself. Also, evaluating the paper is very important, as you can map your progress. Evaluations help you identify the areas that you need to work harder on."

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Idea, the leading cellular service provider in India, has launched two new smartphones for the consumers in the country - Idea Ultra II and Idea !d 1000. The two smartphones...
LG has revealed its new primus which shall contest the other big guns in the arena - the LG G3, succeeding the company's current flagship LG G2. Sources reveal that...
The need to create a tool that would facilitate collaboration in a better manner and help people "work the way they want to" - inspired Jon Froda to launch Podio....
VampireLabs submitted a new project: 1st Patented Vampire Proof Mobile Charger - Kickstarter Project- Mobile charger that elminates Vampire Energy Loss. An Austin start-up company, Vampire Labs, has solved Vampire...
Every smartphone owner is aware of bezels. Bezel in a smartphone is the area surrounding the display. Over the years smartphone manufactures have been trying hard to keep the bezels...