Suggest Best Sedan under 10-12 Lakhs in India.

Need some expert advise from all CEans to buy best sedan under 10-12 Lakhs in India .
** Note except "Hyundai Verna" As we already used this car and now thinking to change.

** Also if possible you can suggests alternative SUV under same range.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you want a decent vehicle; I'd suggest the Ford EcoSport Titanium. Should cost ~Rs. 10-11 lakhs on road. However, a lot of things would really depend on multiple factors:-

1. Typical Use
    2. How many people?
    3. Specific Requirements, if any.
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you want a decent vehicle; I'd suggest the Ford EcoSport Titanium. Should cost ~Rs. 10-11 lakhs on road. However, a lot of things would really depend on multiple factors:-

1. Typical Use
    2. How many people?
    3. Specific Requirements, if any.
    #-Link-Snipped-# :

1. The use will be moderate not on daily basis. Sometimes long drives for about ~200 to 300 km which will be 3-4 times in a month.

2. Usually 2 peoples & very few times 2-4.

3. Driving pleasure & ride comfort. Mileage is not a concern.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do you have any preferences for Diesel or Petrol cars? I've driven both Diesel and Petrol and personally prefer Diesel.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Check the following also:
    Renailut Scala
    Toyota Corolla Altis
    If you go for SUV, Try
    Nissan Duster and Ford Ecosport
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Do you have any preferences for Diesel or Petrol cars? I've driven both Diesel and Petrol and personally prefer Diesel.
    There is no such preference , but I am also prefer Diesel.
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    If you go for SUV, Try
    Thanks Sarath....but I think Altis is slightly above the budget..πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My next vote goes to Honda Amaze! I've never driven the car myself; but have heard positive reviews about the car from the owners. Even if the mileage does not matter to you; the car offers 20-25 kmpl; which is quite awesome.

Ford Ecosport will continue to be my top recommendation for it's quite tech-packed in the inside and looks very nice on the roads!
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My next vote goes to Honda Amaze! I've never driven the car myself; but have heard positive reviews about the car from the owners. Even if the mileage does not matter to you; the car offers 20-25 kmpl; which is quite awesome.

Ford Ecosport will continue to be my top recommendation for it's quite tech-packed in the inside and looks very nice on the roads!

Ok..will look forward for more reviews for Ford Ecosport as it is comes under SUV segment and looks more sporty than Amaze..
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# : Need some comparison points between Duster & Ecosport . I checked online but wont satisfied.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Vishal_lokhande
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Need some comparison points between Duster & Ecosport . I checked online but wont satisfied.
    Check out this video which I really loved. The end part has comparison with the Duster:

• vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Check out this video which I really loved. The end part has comparison with the Duster:

Wow that was an amazing review I ever seen πŸ‘...will definitely think on it.😁
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    #-Link-Snipped-#. How about #-Link-Snipped-#?
    Vikram S Bargah
    #-Link-Snipped-#. How about #-Link-Snipped-#?
    Bro, Its not under his budget.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Bro, Its not under his budget.
    The #-Link-Snipped-# of XUV500 is between 10.79 L - 14.6 L
    Vikram S Bargah
    The #-Link-Snipped-# of XUV500 is between 10.79 L - 14.6 L
    Yes.I am wrong.
    The W4 and W6 comes in his range(10-12Lakhs) but other Models are priced high .
    Thanks for notifying me.
  • Gurwinder Singh
    Gurwinder Singh
    If you go for SUV, Try
    Bro its Nissan Terrano ,Renault Duster and Ford Ecosport
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, the suggestions could be more refined if the requirements are very specific and details. My suggestion still goes to Ford Ecosport because the vehicle will be primarily used by 2 people and at times 4; which means there's no point in having the third row SUV.

For about 10-11 lakh INR., you should be able to get the top end Titanium (Diesel Model) with automatic transmission. The car's also compact and easy to park. Plus the inner electronics in Eco Sport beats almost every other car in that segment. I'd strongly recommend test-driving Eco Sport, Duster and Terrano before making your choice. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just remembered that #-Link-Snipped-# owns Nissan Terrano. He should be able to give you a better feedback.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    So, a review of all the suggestions above says the following are being recommended by CEans -

1. Ford EcoSport Titanium
    2. Mahindra XUV 500
    3. Renault Duster (on the lower end of the budget)
    4. Toyota Corolla Altis

I think apart from these the sedans falling in this price range include -

Hyundai Verna
    - Price Range is Rs. 11.26-11.46 lakh

Ford Fiesta
    - Price Range is Rs. 9.8-10.34 lakh

As also there are these machines in your price range -
    Skoda Rapid, Volkswagen Vento, Honda City and Maruti Suzuki SX4.

Just curious to know if anyone has heard any reviews of Volkswagen Taigun 2014? Might start a separate discussion for that.
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Amar Desai 20141008_104518 Hi All,
    we finally went for Vento Diesel Highline (MT) , which got 1.5 l TDI engine , 5 speed MT , and many more features...the machine is amazing 😁..you can feel it once you entered into it...high quality interiors...spacious rare seats...πŸ‘..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Congratulations, man! Do post the photos of interiors.

...and do not forget to stick the CrazyEngineers Sticker on your car and make it a proud engineers' possession. πŸ‘
  • vishal Lokhande
    vishal Lokhande
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Congratulations, man! Do post the photos of interiors.

...and do not forget to stick the CrazyEngineers Sticker on your car and make it a proud engineers' possession. πŸ‘
    Will upload interiors pics soon..
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Congratulations, Man! You have the high power now. Eagerly waiting for the CrazyEngineers car pics.πŸ‘
    Congrats for your Car !!!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I read this thread a bit late and was about to suggest Vento! Seriously nothing beats VW!!
  • vivek kejriwal
    vivek kejriwal
    hi kaustubh please suggest me a sedan in the range of 10 lakhs where i would drive just 600km every month and need ride comfort low on maintenance and good mileage with amazing interior and exterior looks for kolkata
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vivek kejriwal
    hi kaustubh please suggest me a sedan in the range of 10 lakhs where i would drive just 600km every month and need ride comfort low on maintenance and good mileage with amazing interior and exterior looks for kolkata
    I'm no expert; but in order to make good recommendations, some more information is needed. Are you going to be mostly on the highways? Will you be driving? How many passengers will travel with you and so on.

I've been into a couple of sedans; and every time the one that impressed me the most is the Suzuki Ciaz. You should however take a test ride yourself and see if it suits you.
  • Prasildas
    Prasildas
    Hi,
    I am planning to buy a car planned budget is 10 - 11 lakhs.
    2 or 3 passengers expected. 500 to 700 km Max for a month.
    Diesel is preferred one.
    I am from kerala.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Researchers at the University of California have found an inexpensive and environment friendly way to increase the efficiency of lithium ion batteries by up to three times by using sand....
USE TEMPRORAY NETWORK IN UNAVAILABLE NETWORK AREA Someone missed in the dark forest areas, or some other interior areas where they don’t have the cellphone network signals or network coverage...
Taking a picture by just staring might sound like science fiction, but not anymore. Folks over at U.K. based startup 'This Place' have developed an open source app called MindRDR...
I was wondering whether there are any mechanisms available to boost the download speeds on mobile phones. There's software like 'Connectify Dispatch' that combines all your accessible Internet connections into...
Hi friends i am MCA fresher,my final exam is just over and i looking for job in IT field at this stage i am confuse should i go for development...