Stratasys Objet500 Connex3 Is The World's First Multi-material, Full-Colour 3D Printer

Stratasys, the 3D printer manufacturer has launched the world's first full-color, multi-material 3D Printer that incorporates the triple-jetting technology which combines droplets of three types of material in different quantities to produce materials with a variety of different properties. Unveiled today at the SolidWorks World 2014 in San Diego and called the Stratasys Object500 Connex3, the machine is a first of its kind to be what it is and is set to revolutionize the way we pursue design, engineering and manufacturing processes. As a brand, we know Stratasys as the name behind the popular MakerBot range of 3D printers. With the new Connex3 3D printer, the company wants its users to produce models and parts using photopolymers in vivid colours.

Using this powerful tool, users will be able to create colourful models from investigating concepts to pre-production pilot runs. The cost of this 3D printer is expected to be around US $330,000 (£200,000).

connex3_with_cmy_helmets
As you can see from the image below, everything from a wearable bicycle helmet to a pair of headphones or shoesm the Stratasys Object500 Connex3 can build for you differently shaped and sized objects that feature the required rigidity, flexibility and colour combinations. The company claims that the possibilities with the printer are "virtually unlimited". Beyond the vibrant color features, this 3d printers opens up new possibilities for functionally complex models with excellent mechanical properties such as superior tensile strength, elongation at break, and multiple hardness shore values.

color_cmy_helmet_woman

color_cmy_helmets color_and_rubber_shoes color_cmy_rings color_cm_and_rubber_headphones

If you take a look into how this 3D printer works, you will find that the operating is the same as that of any 2D inkjet printer. The Objet500 uses three colours - cyan, magenta and yellow - to print hundreds of different colours. Using six palettes especially for "Tango" rubber-like materials, the printer offers a range from opaque to transparent colours. The ultimate goal behind using such a product has to be the reducing the time required to bringing your ideas to reality. With the optimum use, you can make the overall process of bringing products to market really fast.

Stratasys has been working with engineers at Trek Bicycle in Wisconsin, who have been using the Objet500 in order to test accessories such as bike chain stay guards and handlebar grips prior to production. You can also take a look at the following video from folks over at Stratasys where they talk about this revolutionary new product -

How do you like the idea and concept behind the Stratasys Objet500 Connex3 3D printer? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#​

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

My name is Akachi Okoro. I am a Nigerian. My passion for engineering dates far back to my early years in primary school. I currently lecture at Federal Polytechnic Nekede,...
Be it love life or family life, people fight. They fight for all kinds of reasons and some who can't carry on with this kind of a lifestyle tend to...
Hello everyone...... I'm Aditya Deshmukh. I'm currently pursuing my undergrad in Computer Science and Engg 3rd year. My interests are Sketching and photography, i'm mad sketcher, if i get a...
With the inclusion of UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) Secure Boot system security in Microsoft's Windows 8, booting Linux based distributions is still a major headache because with UEFI Secure...