STORAGE OF THERMAL ENERGY BY PHASE CHANGE MATERIAL

Thease days energy requirement is very high.Scientist are suggesting for renewable energy source but renewable energy source are intermittent. There is another way of solving the energy crisis by storing energy. Storage of electricity is very difficult and required high investment. Its better to storage heat energy instead electrical energy. Because storage of heat energy is very easy and cheap. There are verious methods by which heat energy can be stoeage like sensible heat energy methods, latent heat enetgy methods, chemical heat energy method. But among them latent heat storage method most effective and easy. Latent heat storage system can store 10times more heat for same amount of matter. Phase Change Material is a latent heat storage system. The best thing in PCM storage system is, there is no change in temperature during the heat storage process. Its working is very simple. All the PCM have there melting temperature range when the ambient temperature is greature then melting temperature range of PCM, it start storing extra heat by changing its phase from solid to liquid. In its reverse process when ambient stemperature is below its range it release extra heat by changing its phase from liquid to solid. There is verious range and type of PCM are avilable.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks for this topic. I believe there's a lot of scope to discuss this idea.

Those interested can take a look at these papers-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Suman Kumar Jha
    Suman Kumar Jha
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks for this topic. I believe there's a lot of scope to discuss this idea.

Those interested can take a look at these papers-
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thankyou............for that review paper.........I am always facing problem in starting a new discussion....Please make a different section for this

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know if a website can be displayed inside an android app... Of course, app needs to run only that particular website, so no need to enter url...
While the world was busy gawking at Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference, Sony quietly unveiled its new Android KitKat flavoured smartphone, Xperia T3. As you have already guessed from the name...
Quote: On the morning of January 1, 1914, the first scheduled commercial airline flight took to the air. Taking off from St Petersburg, Florida, and flying to Tampa, the Benoist...
Just in a hurry, so can't mention much, but look at this : Quoting from official site : https://tails.boum.org/ Privacy for anyone anywhere Tails is a live operating system, that...
Can someone explain why do disk brake pads have holes? What purpose do they serve?