Starting a technical fest at my college

I am a third year student of scsvmv University(many might not have heard of this name). Its a deemed university at kanchipuram, Tamilnadu. Myself, along with some of my batch mates have planned to organise a technical festival in my univ for the first time. Under the university name and what other general body name can i be issuing certificates??
Can you people please help me by showing me a right path to conduct this technical fest, and what are all the do's and dont's etc. etc.

I have gathered a group of like minded people who are interested in organising events. Other than this i have not planned anything else.

Replies

• yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    in technical fest you can include
    robo car race
    junk yard competition
    line follower race
    C programming quiz

for entertainment you can include
    events like roadies ,GK competition etc.
  • whizzy
    whizzy
    viggnesh90
    I am a third year student of scsvmv University(many might not have heard of this name). Its a deemed university at kanchipuram, Tamilnadu. Myself, along with some of my batch mates have planned to organise a technical festival in my univ for the first time. Under the university name and what other general body name can i be issuing certificates??
    Can you people please help me by showing me a right path to conduct this technical fest, and what are all the do's and dont's etc. etc.

I have gathered a group of like minded people who are interested in organising events. Other than this i have not planned anything else.

Think about ethical hacking, forensics and etc., kind of workshops and challenges... they often bring a lot of attention both in media and in the midst of students. Since i m from chennai, may b you can feel free to ping me on any queries
  • crazygeek
    crazygeek
    viggnesh90

hi vignesh

just now AAYAM'09 NIT Agartala events are going on.if u reach them regarding tech fest than u might get good ideas of conducting tech fest events and how to organize it..just a suggestion. u can find numbers and mail IDs of AAYAM'09 team in www[dot]aayam[dot]org[dot]in
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    First create a heirachy...and assign work to each individual....according to their capability....plan for each event..since full fledge planning will lead your techfest to success...then decide for events......if your are organizing techfest at national level;..then you can also prepare website for that
  • madugula
    madugula
    hi vignesh. in technical fest you can include many programs.
    it should be educational and at the same time funny also. so include stalls with games and fun. apart from paper presentations, throw a challenge of making some models regarding your branch. if your fest is more than 1 day, a cultural nite would make the event more interesting and entertaining. try that.it includes mass participation also. :smile:
  • Vega
    Vega
    You would be needing a support from College or university authority, so tell your plan to Principal. Form a commitee. Have someone from professors on your commitee as advisor or supervisor. Come up with diff ideas, plan and finally a roadmap of how you execute this programme. Ask your questions here. CE can help you in spreading word abt your programme.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

11: Connect: http://www.freeimagehosting.net/image.php?6dc2c6e9a8.png
Trend Micro, provider of virus protection software, has indentified a Trojan that targets Adobe Reader and Acrobat by dropping a backdoor onto computers using JavaScript. The Trojan is called 'Troj_Pidief.Uo'...
hi.. i want to know how to write tan inverse x in C
dear all, i am an mca pursurer, just want to know about new matlab project ideas on DSP and remote desktop connections can u please put ur suggestions on this
Google says that they work directly with several satellite imaging providers for their Google Maps & Google Earth products. DigitalGlobe, one such satellite imaging provider, has launched a new satellite...