"Start New Discussion" - Made Easy!

I hope you must have noticed this little addition to CrazyEngineers that makes the whole process of starting a new discussion or posting a new idea extremely easy. No matter which discussion you are reading, you can simply hit the button -> Select the destination forum -> and start your discussion.

If you wish to suggest any changes to the functionality; suggest it below! 😀

PS: Don't just like or read this post. Give us some feedback 😁

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I feel that it will make the whole discussion starting process for newcomers easier to understand and for all us oldies a tad faster. No need to navigate across the pages.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope you must have noticed this little addition to CrazyEngineers that makes the whole process of starting a new discussion or posting a new idea extremely easy. No matter which discussion you are reading, you can simply hit the button -> Select the destination forum -> and start your discussion.

If you wish to suggest any changes to the functionality; suggest it below! 😀

PS: Don't just like or read this post. Give us some feedback 😁
    Change the colour of the down arrow used. It's hardly visible.

[​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Which browser are you using?
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Google Chrome.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Google Chrome.
    It's okay on Mozilla Firefox.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is great convenience.
    Quite often while doing something else I come across something that I would like to start a new discussion on CE. The effort needed to navigate to a suitable topic makes me postpone. I make a reminder note on Dropbox and move on.
    Often I lose the context when I get back to CE.

Much better now.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Good move but I doubt it will make much difference. Now instead of searching, people will directly create a new thread whenever they want. This will increase spam too in my opinion.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I see one drawback some lazy guy is not going to take care to choose appropriate section by drop-down menu.

Suggestion: If you are on The Cafe section then first option should be The Cafe in drop-down list.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - People haven't been searching for existing discussions before creating a new discussion. We however were contacted by several new members that they do want to know how to start new discussions on CE.

The mods can always merge new discussions with the existing discussions if needed.

#-Link-Snipped-# - That's a good suggestion. But it's double edged sword. We deliberately triggered the overlay to force the users to make the choice of destination forum. We can give this a try; I'll have a word with the developer.
  • charu kaushik
    charu kaushik
    Ankita Katdare
    I feel that it will make the whole discussion starting process for newcomers easier to understand and for all us oldies a tad faster. No need to navigate across the pages.
    hi
    m nt able to see anywhere 'start discussion' button on the top right corner of the screen. plz help me out.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# First of all choose the appropriate section for your post from -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Say you click on Computer Science & IT, this is where you will find the button to start a new discussion in that particular section -

Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 9.57.05 PM
  • allu raviteja
    allu raviteja
    Kaustubh Katdare
    google crome
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    allu raviteja
    google crome
    Welcome to CE mate and have fun exploring science with us.

And by the by feel free to pour out your questions and also help us with your valid inputs

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was reading an article in the Economic Times that Indian software major Infosys is considering hiring an Israeli consultancy firm to help boost its revenues by removing the bottlenecks...
Developed by Engineered Arts Limited, SociBot-Mini is a one-of-its-kind robot that has a fully integrated LED pico projection technology with custom developed optics. In simple words, the robot features a...
hi people! I hold a BTECH degree in mechanical engg. im working in L&T currently. im looking to do MS in aerospace engg. can someone suggest gd colleges. my GPA...
Founded in August 2012, CarIQ is a Pune based hardware startup by Sagar Apte. CarIQ helps make cars smarter by allowing the car and the driver to take decisions related...
can anyone tell me .....how to create online fm using my music playlist using wifihotspot ?