Spotliter App For iOS Adds Effects To Videos In Real Time

Spotliter is a new app for iPhone and iPad that let's you add interesting effects to your videos while they are being shot. Yes. Spotliter app for iOS is developed by the web technology developer company Netomat and it is currently available for free download on iTunes. It is possible to add effects to the video while it is being recorded by touch motions such as tapping, pinching, swiping or sliding fingers on the mobile device's screen. There are a lot of iPhone video recording apps available on iTunes Store, but none quite like the Spotlier. The touch effects and filters that can be added using this app are unique. A lot of tech blogs out there are calling Spotliter the Instagram of Videos.

How the app works is an interesting thing to know. As you tap, slide or pinch your fingers on the iPhone or iPad's camera screen, the app "spotlites" specific areas of your video. With Spotlier app, applying effects, switching them and even flipping between front and back cameras while you're recording a video is all possible. Moreover, Spotlier features ability to pause, adjust and restart recording to compose the perfect video. Among the dozen different effects that this app brings in, there are ones called - Magnify, Freeze, B&W2Color and Searchlight.

spotliter-app-ios

spotliter-app-ios-1 spotliter-app-ios-2 spotliter-app-ios-3 spotliter-app-ios-4

The Floodlight feature darkens all but a finger-specific area. The Nightclub mode detects motion and the user can tap anywhere to highlight a portion of the image. It has a Magnify feature that zooms a size-adjustable circular area while leaving the rest of the shot at 1x. Users can pinch to increase or decrease the size of the circle, or tap if you want it elsewhere than the center of the preview. B&W2Color spotlights an object in the frame in color while the rest of the screen appears black and white, simply by tapping on object and swiping a finger as it moves. There's lot more to explore with this app. Take a look at the following sample videos -

In its description, Spotlier app developers share that your videos are only limited by the storage on your device and your imagination. Kris Ramanathan, CEO and co-founder, said, “Our goal for Spotliter was to make a video camera app that offered powerful, sophisticated effects yet was very simple and intuitive to use. We wanted the user’s first reaction to be ‘yeah, this is how a touchscreen video camera should work.’ It was also extremely important to us that the touch effects themselves were not only fun but truly useful in helping people tell their stories in their own particular ways.”

How do you like the Spotliter app for iOS? Share your thoughts with us in comments.

Replies

• Tonku
    Tonku
    I am an Indian developer. Here is my app camcorder++,it also support realtime video filters...+ slow mo , fast mo real time music embedding...etc...
    #-Link-Snipped-#

sample videos..

• Tonku
    Tonku
  • Tonku
    Tonku

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

NASA’s PhoneSat project has successfully managed to communicate back to mission control at Clara University in California. The PhoneSat 2.4 was developed at NASA’s Ames Research Center and was sent...
Guys am looking for this ASM Hand Book on Copper & Copper Alloys By Joseph Davis...for my research.. Please help in finding the same... May be the link of ebook...
how to configure Ultrasonic flow meter, to get its adequate strength. We are using Automation Progetti model no. AP1090+AP5190
I'm trying to find the best way of managing all the papers that comes with major electronic products, such as warranties, receipts and user manuals. Until now, I've been using...
Smarty Ring, a project out of India, is the new wearable gadget in the tech town. Remember the time when you are frantically searching for your smartphone in the purse...