Sony's New Dual USB Connects To Your Android; Brings Micro USB And USB 2.0 In Single Device

Sony has introduced a new USB Flash Drive that is a 2-in-1 device with micro USB and USB 2.0 connectors bundled into one. And it will connect to your Android smartphone and tablets, thereby eliminating the need for cables or WiFi to transfer your files, photos or videos. Yeah, truly awesome. The new USB flash drive from Sony is available in 8 GB, 16 GB and 32 GB variants with a choice of three different colored caps. Made up of metal, the Dual USB is compatible with most Android devices from version 4.03 to 4.3 (Jelly Bean support is planned too). They come with the On-the-Go (OTG) function, which allows portable devices like smartphones to act as a “host” when connected to other USB peripherals.

sony-dual-usb

Banking on the fact that when a person wants to share something he has just created or captured, he wants as less hassle as possible to copy or transfer it on many devices. Searching for a cable, connector or adapter is time-consuming and can be avoided. “Consumers want to let a friend see the photo they just took or share a video easily with as few steps as possible,” said Viviano Cantu, director of consumer media marketing, Sony Electronics. “These new drives combine convenience, peace of mind and performance and are perfect for mobile multi-tasking.”

sony-dual-usb-2

The colored locking cap protects the connectors from damage, dust and debris, and the devices’ metal body is durable enough to withstand everyday mobile use. Sony has also developed a new, free to download app available on Google Play Store that it recommends to be used for easily searching content stored on their different devices as well as for copying, deleting and sorting files. The product will be available starting January 2014 at a price of $19.99 or £12, $29.99 or £18, and $62.99 or £38 for the 18, 32 and 62 GB variants respectively. What do you think about the new Sony Dual USB? Share your thoughts with us in comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Bit thrilled to see the price of the usb drive.
    Is there any way to access the USB flash drives in android phones under 4.0(i.e in gingerbread)?
    Do i need any app to use it in small end android phones?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Looks good;
    However By Just reading this a interesting designed crossed my mind... Is it possible - Have micro USB and US 2.0 at the opposite ends... so that USB drive may work as the data cable cum hard- drive as well.
    - On flat side, give a small touch screen that allows user to select the file they needs to transfer or use?

I do not think it is too difficult, but per me can be of great use, what do you say fella CEan's.

-CB
  • lovebox
    lovebox
    Sony might be launching this a little late but the design is their plus point. This is smaller in size as compared to similar products from other manufacturers. The price looks a little on the higher side though.
  • micheal john
    micheal john
    Sony has introduced a new USB Flash Drive that is a 2-in-1 device with micro USB and USB 2.0 connectors bundled into one. And it will connect to your Android smartphone and tablets, thereby eliminating the need for cables or WiFi to transfer your files, photos or videos.
    Correct me if I'm wrong this drive eliminates need of cables to connect mobile devices. but because of the weight of mobile, what will happen when we connect mobile to laptop or PC?
  • Kanagasundaram Kuppusamy
    Kanagasundaram Kuppusamy
    Its a wonderful technology from sony.Thanks lots for giving interesting technews to all

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, I am here to ask an help to know “how to save my digital art/photography/etc?" We know that many of us use blogs or FB or twitter to...
Nurture Talent Academy had organised Techhunt Grand Finale at IIT Bombay campus recently (6th December). The event saw participation from over 30 teams from colleges across India and 20 schools...
in speech recognition how we use neural n/w and fuzzy logic for database as we have to compare our voice or match our voice to dictionary plz help me out...
Taking a cue from other social messaging apps Instagram now lets you send photos, videos and text messages privately to select followers. Dubbed as Direct, the feature can be found...
Which framework is best in java to develop enterprise application struts2 or spring.....