Sony's Digital Paper Features 13.3" Display And At 0.26" It Is The World's Thinnest

Sony has launched a new gadget that aims at making your workload lighter. Yep. The Sony Digital Paper is here for making work a lot easy at places where documents pile up on tables and people can't work without papers for their routine tasks. According to Sony, the Digital Paper will be of great use to people working at government agencies as well as the researchers, lawyers, professors and even our policymakers. The highly portable digital paper is ultra-thin at 0.26-inch (6.8mm) width and has a display of the size - 13.3 inch. Proudly called the "world's thinnest", as you can see from the image below, the Sony Digital Paper has the thickness of 30 sheets of paper. Let us take a look at the various features and the specifications list.

The 13.3 inch touchscreen on the digital paper makes it easy to turn pages, search or navigate documents, and zoom in on figures, tables, charts, graphs. The company claims that it's stylishly designed stylus gives a natural writing experience. The high-contrast reflective display with 1200 x 1600 pixel resolution is good enough to be seen clearly even in bright sunlight - a privilege not available in some of present day smartphones and tablets.
sony-digital-paper-1

sony-digital-paper-2 sony-digital-paper-4 sony-digital-paper-3
The thin lithium-ion battery, that charges up fully in 2.5 hours with AC Adapter, offers maximum of 3 weeks of up time with the Wi-Fi turned-off and maximum of 2 weeks with Wi-Fi on. In Sony's units, the battery offers 24,000 page turns if the WiFi is off. That's goes to say, there's WiFi under connectivity and a MicroSD card slot and a micro USB connector. The internal memory on this one is 4 GB, which means user can store up to 2800 PDF files (considering it is 1 MB each in size).

Sony wants you to follow the paper trail and therefore believes that users will convert their MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel into the PDF format and then save, view, and annotate it on the Digital Paper. We remember covering the Sony A4 Size Digital Paper last year in May. Check Sony's A4 Sized Digital Paper Notepad Uses E Ink Mobius & Is Awesome and here's a video from DigInfo for you to gorge on.

The only pain point is the price - At $1100, Sony wants you to burn a hole in your pocket to own the Digital Paper. What are your thoughts on that? Share with us in comments below.
Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Regular paper, pencil and the good old fountain pen that I fill with ink getting fingers messy is fine enough for me. Costs peanuts. With regular paper reports I can see another page while retaining the one I am on currently.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I agree. $1100 for this is mind-numbingly overpriced.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have this doubt for a long time so here it is: Why many phone companies audio plugs dont work properly on common 3.5mm jack? New age phones are equipped...
After launching its much awaited One M8, HTC now has come up with Dual-SIM Desire 310 in India. With good design, quad-core processor and average camera features, HTC has added...
In what has been an eventful week for Facebook, we now find that the company isn't done with its weekly agenda. The social media giant has today announced its ambitious...
Jason Duke submitted a new project: Hoop Tracker - World's First Basketball SmartWatch Hoop Tracker is the world's first smartwatch capable of of automatically tracking real-time 3PT, FG, and FT...
Since its acquisition with WhatsApp, Facebook has been in the news very often. In recent news, an update of Facebook Messenger app for iOS and Android will allow users to...